Please Help! Airplane Income Error?!

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Grayfox
Engineer
Engineer

Please Help! Airplane Income Error?!

Post by Grayfox »

image.jpg
(687.96 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Dear Community,

Perhaps some of you can help me out. I'm playing a game where it seems my aircraft income isn't totaling correctly I believe in the year end summary. If I add the individual profits together they total over $3,000,000 yet I'm only getting about $800,000; airports and airplanes are running full all the time. Can someone please take a look at the pictures and saved game and tell me what's going on?

P.S. I started the game in 2065.

I'm having trouble downloading the game file so I'll just leave a link to it to my Google Drive. It's public so you should have no problem accessing the game file and pictures.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Thanks for any help.
Attachments
image.jpg
(674.07 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
image.jpg
(527.47 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Chrill

Re: Please Help! Airplane Income Error?!

Post by Chrill »

I believe it has to do with transfers. It "hides" the money away since you don't get paid twice.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Grayfox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grayfox »

Ah, thank you. I'm guessing the buses and trucks are showing the profit then. I was just a little worried. Yeah, it's all set up as a transfer system between bus stations and other airports. Thanks for the quick reply :).
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Well, the RoadVehicles demonstrate a profit far greater than your airplanes because they would be the ones creating the profit even if the profit only comes when the airplane flies off
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

it's a difference in accounting. the individual vehicles count transfer income as if they made the delivery, even if they just transferred, and when they actually do make a final delivery, they deduct the assembled transfer credits. but the finance window counts all income to the vehicle that made the final delivery, ignoring all transfer credits. (as does your bank account)

but even taking this into account will not make the numbers add up correctly, as accounting will still differ when transfer and final delivery happen in different years.

Return to “General OpenTTD”