No subsidies. Cargodist?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Davie_UCF
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

No subsidies. Cargodist?

Post by Davie_UCF »

I was running Cargodist for a while.. Had subsidies showing up fine.
I then realised Cargodist is now part Of Openttd proper. So upgraded and started new game.

Now I get no subsidies at all. Is this because of Cargodist? If so is this the end of subsidies?
East of England/East Anglia scenario/map released!! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=205440#205440
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: No subsidies. Cargodist?

Post by Eddi »

yes, you cannot have subsidies when cargodist is enabled.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Davie_UCF wrote:I was running Cargodist for a while.. Had subsidies showing up fine.
Showing up was not the problem. Fulfilling them was.

Cargodist is fully ignorant about subsidies, so if you have a connection from A to B, and you get a subsidy from A to C, you can add tracks from A to C, and cargodist will distribute the cargo between B and C just as it always does.
A similar problem, you have a connection from A to B to C. You get a subsidy from A to B. Does cargo from A to C count?

We could not find a nice simple answer to such questions, and instead dropped subsidies for cargos controlled by cargo-dist. (cargos not controlled by cargo dist should still work).

When someone figures out a neat solution how to make cargodist and subsidies work together, we can have subsidies again for cargo dist controlled cargos.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello

As an addendum to what eddi said: If you disable CargoDist for one of the freight classes (passengers, post, express cargo or all other) the subsidies will reappear for this class.

Tschö, Auge

Return to “General OpenTTD”