Help with train signals

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Christerminator
Engineer
Engineer

Help with train signals

Post by Christerminator »

Hi and hello,

I've picked up OpenTTD once again, and this time I have decided to be a bit more bold when it comes to railroads - that is, not just one-track stations on each end. After reading some guides and playing around with train signals I have run into a little situation.
Here is a screenshot of it:

Singal issue
Singal issue
openttd_trains.jpg (292.23 KiB) Viewed 106 times
Basically I have a station with 5 tracks, but only 1 track leading into it. The signal I have marked with a red circle is green, even though the 5 lights leading into each track on the station is red, and the result is that trains now pass the green light, make a turn to the first track, and stops there waiting for the first station track to be ready. The problem is that often the other trains fill first, and this one train that is waiting for the first slot on the station is blocking the path for all other trains.

Anyone know how I can fix this? I tried setting up different light signals, but they were all green, even though the 5 "station-lights" were red.

Thanks in advance,
Christer
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Help with train signals

Post by Transportman »

You either want to use pre-signals or Path signals. I would place a path signal at the location of your red circle and remove the signals in front of the station.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Christerminator
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Help with train signals

Post by Christerminator »

Removing the signals in front of the station and replacing the marked one with a path signal worked like a charm! Thanks a lot :)

Return to “General OpenTTD”