Trams (again)

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Malwatt
Engineer
Engineer

Trams (again)

Post by Malwatt »

Now up to 1995 (starting in 1900), have developed major train and tram networks and reached the road vehicle limit of 500. I understand I can increase this, but would it mean starting out again?
Meanwhile Metrolink and Supertrams are beautiful creations, but they seem to take forever to load and unload, consequently causing major traffic congestion and delaying arrival of city passengers to railway stations. At the same time these stations are reporting crowds of over 5,000, most wanting to travel within the city and few joining the trains.
Is there a cure?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Trams (again)

Post by planetmaker »

Just change the vehicle limit in the advanced settings. The absolute limits are 5000 per company and transport type. It's a setting which you can change and simply continue to play
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

I've struggled with the Metrolink and Supertram's slow loading too (although actually, the real thing in Sheffield is quite slow loading at times). I tend to switch to the Modern Tram Set late in the game which loads a lot faster, and are similar vehicles.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

With slow-loading trams, you can set up a tram stop with multiple bays, so you have multiple trams unloading at any given time. See this wiki page for some examples to get started.
Malwatt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Malwatt »

I like the multiple loading bays ( drive through) especially with two or three adjacent roads back to back.

Return to “General OpenTTD”