Cargo Maglev packs

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Big_James
Engineer
Engineer

Cargo Maglev packs

Post by Big_James »

Hi all,

I have come up against a stumbling block with my maglev experiments. I love maglevs but can only transport passengers or goods. Are there any good and balanced packs out there that add the ability to transport everything via maglevs? either using fixed length double headed trains or by the here is an engine and then add your carriages style of train construction.

Thanks in advance.

Also as I am new here and haven't delved too deep in to the forum yet, I may have posted this in an unsuitable spot. If I have I apologise and could one of the mods kindly move my post to where it is more appropriate. Thanks :)
Brumi
President
President

Re: Cargo Maglev packs

Post by Brumi »

Are you looking for a NewGRF which has this? Because with the default trainset you can transport everything via maglevs.

Alternatively, if you're using a train NewGRF which disables the default maglevs, you can use OpenGFX+ Trains to provide the default maglevs (you can configure it to provide maglevs only so it doesn't interfere too much with your other trainset).
Or you can use NUTS, it is a full trainset which has plenty of maglevs.
Big_James
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Cargo Maglev packs

Post by Big_James »

Interesting, Thank you for that info Brumi. I now suspect that my friend is using a newGRF that disables the default maglevs on his private server.

I do like the look of the NUTS pack. i shall have to give it a whirl on a sigle player and see how it plays.

Thanks James

Return to “General OpenTTD”