Moving multiple unit parts around

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

j7n
Engineer
Engineer

Moving multiple unit parts around

Post by j7n »

Why isn't it possible to move the rear engine of a multiple unit to be right next to the front part?

Error: "The rear engine will always follow its front counterpart."

I find that creating a freight train with an engine in the rear looks very awkward. How do they switch cars on such a train? How does the front communicate with the rear across all the freight cars? I never use the multiple units on freight for this reason; and because most of them, look like passenger trains, even without capacity. I've seen other players do it in let's plays though, because they go for the fastest possible top speed, when it bugs the hell out of me. And the AI in the old days.

Let's say I want to create an express goods train. And perhaps a fast dual engine seems like the best choice. I think in Arctic there were no good trains by default. Or maybe I want only diesels for roleplaying reasons.

I think a train looks better with all the engines in front.

Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Moving multiple unit parts around

Post by Eddi »

you should probably look into some NewGRFs.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Moving multiple unit parts around

Post by Kevo00 »

Yup, the HST is a passenger train...though there is a photoshopped image of one of freight out there on the net somewhere!

Return to “General OpenTTD”