Trains stuck loading at 100%

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

RedCasey
Engineer
Engineer

Trains stuck loading at 100%

Post by RedCasey »

I am having a problem in my current game where trains have started to get loaded to 100% at a station and then wait for several days before departing. It doesn't matter if there is any cargo to available. I set my trains on shared orders to autofill timetables in case I wanted to put them on timetables later but I haven't set a start date so to my knowledge they shouldn't be adhering to any time table.

Has anyone else experienced the problem of trains being stuck in station long after they have loaded to 100% capacity?

Thanks,
Red Casey
RedCasey
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Trains stuck loading at 100%

Post by RedCasey »

It is now happening with unloading as well and the time a train stays stuck does not correspond with the value recorded on the timetable. I have trains getting stuck for a week after being loaded that are jamming up my stations.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Look at the timetable again, or just don't set it.

Or, mention the OpenTTD version you use and upload your savegame here (there's the attachment UI below replying). Or screenshots that clearly show the problem.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

RedCasey wrote:I set my trains on shared orders to autofill timetables in case I wanted to put them on timetables later but I haven't set a start date so to my knowledge they shouldn't be adhering to any time table.
If the vehicles have a timetable, their start dates are set automatically once they start at their first order, unless you set the start date yourself. But without a savegame it becomes a lot of guessing.
RedCasey wrote:and the time a train stays stuck does not correspond with the value recorded on the timetable.
That can also happen because a vehicle is very early, then it waits until the timetable says it should go again. That indicates that your travel times are to long.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
freaky1x5
Engineer
Engineer

Post by freaky1x5 »

You are not the only one having this problem and I do not think it has anything to do with the timetables. I am having the same problem since upgrading from version 1.4.0 to 1.4.1. The problem never appeared before. So I hope they are going to fix this soon.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Timetables is currently the only known way to get the behavior you describe. That is however not a bug, that is "working as expected" (if you want trains to run on time, and they are too early, they should wait). If your problem is not due to time tables, please show us how this is happening.

To fix anything, at the very least we will need a way to recreate the problem you have. With that information, we can verify it's not something limited to just your system. Also, we can investigate how the problem comes into existence, and try variations on it for investigating how big the problem actually is. Last but not least, if the behavior is considered buggy, the information can be used to verify afterwards that our changes really fixed it.

Return to “General OpenTTD”