Alternate methods of making realworld maps ?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Nemrav
Engineer
Engineer

Alternate methods of making realworld maps ?

Post by Nemrav »

Well, just joined the forums but... I joined mainly to figure out, are there any alternate methods of making a map of certain places.. I have tried the stickied method but I only get to data-manipulation and then I'm stuck... For me, Microdem isn't letting me use the data-Manipulation tool, Whenever I open a dem file, the button is greyed out.

That being said, there are people saying they have ways of generating maps of certain select areas by plugging in co-ordinates.. I was wondering if somebody could link me a forum topic or a website... or help me troubleshoot why microdem is giving me trouble (in the internet I seem to be the only one with this problem...)

TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Alternate methods of making realworld maps ?

Post by TinyMusic »

Nemrav wrote:Well, just joined the forums but... I joined mainly to figure out, are there any alternate methods of making a map of certain places.. I have tried the stickied method but I only get to data-manipulation and then I'm stuck... For me, Microdem isn't letting me use the data-Manipulation tool, Whenever I open a dem file, the button is greyed out.
That's because the post was written in 2006 and so used an older version of MicroDEM, and the data-manipulation tool is not used anymore to merge/open DEMs. To merge/open DEMs, just simply go to 'File', then 'Open', and then 'Open DEM'/'Open and Merge DEMs'.
Nemrav wrote:That being said, there are people saying they have ways of generating maps of certain select areas by plugging in co-ordinates.. I was wondering if somebody could link me a forum topic or a website... or help me troubleshoot why microdem is giving me trouble (in the internet I seem to be the only one with this problem...)
Here's the thread on how to make maps automatically using co-ordinates to place towns at an exact spot.
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
Nemrav
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nemrav »

YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Just to add : somehow, nowadays I can't download any SRTM data via the G.Earth plugin... Anybody knows why ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Nemrav
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nemrav »

Don't know why but you can get the same map sections here : http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/SELECTION/inputCoord.asp
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Ah, thanks :)
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。

Return to “General OpenTTD”