Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: OpenTTD 1.3.0 titlegame
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:13 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

The recent years we had so many good entries that we decided to give some of them another spin. Thus for this year you have the choice for the titlegame of the upcoming 1.3 release of OpenTTD. You can choose between the uprunners of the last three titlegame competitions.
An overview over the contestants including savegames and screenshots at various resolutions can be found on the titlescreen's competition page.

There will be only one voting round. Each person may rank up to three entries. Rank these entries in order, your first choice is worth 3 points, your second choice 2 points and third choice 1 point. Votes can be cast by sending an e-mail to me a forum message or e-mail which lists at most three favourite entries.

Votes for will be accepted till 14th March 2013, 23:59:59 UTC.

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:36 am 
Engineer
Engineer

that sounds like a good idea. There are some good ones unused - unfortunately my last try wasn't convincing myself.

as I had some spare time the last days I messed around with some timetabling at a bussy station. This is no request for the started competion, but just in chase of another one:

Attachments:
File comment: my newest one
Vorwald Transport, 9. Jun 2016.sav [209.66 KiB]
Downloaded 104 times
File comment: subarctic theme
Pilkington & Co., 15. Aug 2038.sav [215.05 KiB]
Downloaded 65 times

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:22 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

The fifth one is very familiar. ;) I still remember when it was the titlescreen in the stable builds of openTTD (What titlescreen did openTTD have before that one?).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:52 pm 

We can choose between the three runner-ups, but there are 7 picks in the links and one of them has already been used as main screen? I'm very confused, but I guess there are good ones to vote for in there too! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:11 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Ailure wrote:
The fifth one is very familiar. ;) I still remember when it was the titlescreen in the stable builds of openTTD (What titlescreen did openTTD have before that one?).

Isn't number 5 the original TTD titlescreen? Because the original titlescreen is packed with the nightly versions. So there was no titlescreen before that one :p

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:20 pm 
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Transportman wrote:
Isn't number 5 the original TTD titlescreen? Because the original titlescreen is packed with the nightly versions. So there was no titlescreen before that one :p

Number 5 is the one used in the nightlies. It isn't the original TTD titlescreen (it features presignals, high level bridges and an "international" airport, apart from anything else).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:08 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

TTD featured a tropical titlescreen on a slope. I figured it was the most distinct from the orginal temperate climate without being silly which is why it was being used. And OpenTTD used subarctic at first for making itself distinct from the TTO and TTD titlescreen I suppose.

Now I think on it, I don't think I ever seen anyone submitting a toyland titlescreen save. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:52 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Ailure wrote:
Now I think on it, I don't think I ever seen anyone submitting a toyland titlescreen save. ;)

really?