OpenTTD - Android Port

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

bugmenotbaby
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD - Android Port

Post by bugmenotbaby »

no, i mean the buttons, which you can set via the sdl menu
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

No you can not, sorry. To send right mouse click, touch screen with two fingers.
Napoleon9th
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Napoleon9th »

doktorhonig wrote:Does it display a cursor?
Yes, the version i just installed has a cursor. This fact is also relevant for the precision of "click"s:
thejflo wrote:The reality is that my fingers are just too big to accurately tap on the exact perfect spot where I want to place something - I don't think I would even get it right first time with a stylus, certainly not without a high rate of failure.
As pelya said, you don't need to tap EXACTLY on the correct spot, just anywhere in the general location. The only issue i have is that my screen is too sensitive, and most of the times it detects slight movement when i am merely trying to click. :|
pelya wrote:And it will be unusable on mobile devices, because, you know, no Ctrl key. Would be awesome if that would be added somewhere to the game menu.
Couldn't the "remap physical keys" functionality be able to generate the SDL keycode of LCTRL or RCTRL? ;)

I've used that remap feature quite successfully on my Xperia Play, which luckily has 15+ buttons ready for action. :D Be warned, though, that not really using one or more buttons could easily lead to forgetting what you mapped it/them to! :)

However, there's one thing that keeps me from fully enjoying this port: when building long stretches of (rail)road segments, the ability to click-then-drag along the route is very useful on the PC. On the Android, though, dragging is seen as moving the targetted square (and dragging with two fingers scrolls the map). Am i missing something obvious here? :oops:
Kedishen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kedishen »

Many thanks to pelya for porting this great game to android.

I play it on a cheapo 10.1" wolder tablet with 4.1.1 and it works great and is easy to use.

Only problems I have found are:

- buggy touchpad workaround code stops mouse functioning. Works fine when the code leaves things alone. Can this be turned off in sdl?
- edit scenario feature puts the menus and and windows off side of screen, therefore inaccessible. Can't see enough of them to drag them on screen.

That's it. Great game!
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

To disable buggy touchpad detection, click two times roughly at the same spot on the screen right after the game is started. The code will stay, because there ARE buggy cheapo tablets out there.

I'll fix scenario editor when I'll have more free time, for now it's low priority for me - tutorial comes first, and I did not event start to work on it yet.

Return to “General OpenTTD”