OpenTTD 1.2.0-beta2

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

OpenTTD 1.2.0-beta2

Post by planetmaker »

New year and with OpenTTD 1.2.0-beta2 we present you the second testing release of the 1.2 series. Like usual for beta releases we have quite a range of bug fixes, some of which fix very nasty bugs in the network code, others which avoid crashes in certain situations.

But as it's a beta release we still have new features. Among those you can now use the game scripts to ask questions to the companies and check the NewGRF parameters also when playing.

Have fun with this new release, give it a proper swirl and test. As usual bugs go to our bug tracker, a full changelog is also available and downloads can be found on our main page.

Finally let me remind you of the titlegame competition. Playing and thus creating a nice titlegame might also be a good test ;-)

Enjoy!
josq
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD 1.2.0-beta2

Post by josq »

Cool.
I wonder, is there any rough target eta on 1.2 final?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

traditionally around 1st april. (not a promise, just an observation)
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Eddi wrote:traditionally around 1st april. (not a promise, just an observation)
Since 2012 is a leap year, I go for 29th of February. That would also fit the deadline for the Title game competition, giving it two weeks to vote which one is the best before 1.2.0 is released. (Also, no promises from my side, just a guess)
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Transportman wrote:29th of February
That would be a month early. No March this year?

Besides, the previous deadline was also February 14, with a release on April 1. As was the case with OpenTTD 1.0.0.

So I'd still place my bet on a release on April 1st :)

Return to “General OpenTTD”