Cargo Distribution between Competing Stations - Patch Test

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Cargo Distribution between Competing Stations - Patch Test

Post by dihedral »

I have setup a very basic server to test the patch in FS 3637

This is an attempt to see if the cargo distribution across competing stations can be made more fair with this patch.

To play please download a matching binary from http://devs.openttd.org/~rubidium/fs3637/

If you require certain settings at the server, feel free to post a suggestion here.
For comments / remarks on the on the new distribution mechanics, please post to this thread.

The server will only run for a few days.
Hopefully by then there will be enough data in order to fix the task based on results from this test.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Cargo Distribution between Competing Stations - Patch Te

Post by SirkoZ »

I have just compiled it with r20838 (just set the savegame ver. to 150). I'll test it with some AI's all eager to share industries. 8o :)
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

8o again - assertion failed only a few years after starting a new game (19th Oct 1954) with many AI's and that happened with the only shared industry - a coal mine where one competitor would have 71% ratings (and 0 waiting cargo - lorries loading) and the other 47% (with 1475 tonnes of coal waiting - not so many lorries). Coal mine's production was 450 t/month with 69% reported transported.
Line 3358: worst_cargo < (amount - worst_cargo) -> station_cmd.cpp.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i thought i mentioned that when the patch was published. but i think that should be <= for the rare occasion that it's exactly half.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Ahh I see - I'll try changing it to <= and report back. :))

Edit: So far it works without any new crashes. I'll see how it works out when many share the same industry (not just 2).

Edit2: With 8 AI's and many shared industries I observe that cargo distribution and reported % transported on that industry are much better/more realistic/expected than without this patch. And of course with "<=" now in year 1978 and it's still running strong. Sweet. :]

Edit3: When I finally connected some Oil Rigs with trains that is, they reported only 71% transported although noone was transporting oil from Oil Rig station, only from added train station. The train station has had ratings 84% (using Brush '47' w/ town_statue).
The same problem with helicopters used for passengers at another Oil Rig: I first started transporting Oil with aircraft from an airport near the Rig, only then passengers with helicopters from the Oil Rig's station and although I have station ratings of 65%, the Rig reports 50% passengers transported. Again - passengers are not transported from any other station but the Rig's.
Of course - with both cases switch "Deliver cargo to station only when there is demand" is ON.
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

New binaries are available at the same old place - so whoever wants to join, feel free.
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

When I read the thread title I thought this was some sort of combination of Cargo Distribution and Infrastructure Sharing :(.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Wasila wrote:When I read the thread title I thought this was some sort of combination of Cargo Distribution and Infrastructure Sharing :(.
Well - guess what - it's not! :-)
What it is though is a nice fix for the default behaviour that will still be there when cargo_dist is set to off (when in trunk). 8)
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

Well - guess what - it's not! :-)
REALLY? :bow:

Return to “General OpenTTD”