OpenTTD 0.7.2

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

OpenTTD 0.7.2

Post by Rubidium »

We have done it again.
What?
Well, we have released another bugfix release of the 0.7 series.

Note that this release changes how vehicle payments happen. Now you will get paid when the vehicle is unloaded instead of when it starts unloading. This fixes lots of 'exploits' that allowed people to get more payment than they should have gotten.

The downloads can, as usual, be found at http://www.openttd.org/download-stable/0.7.2
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD 0.7.2

Post by Nite Owl »

Congratulations to you and to the entire OpenTTD development crew on yet another amazingly well done job.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
RMJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RMJ »

Cool, thanks, another job well done :bow:
Feel free to join my server on 90.185.50.242. its coop, meaning 1 company to dominate the whole map :) its more random and not as pro as the Openttd Coop guys.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Haha, another release already. I rarely play OpenTTD anymore, so I don't pay attention.

I remember how it was at 0.5. I visited openttd.org every single day to look for another release, and test all the new features. OpenTTD is starting to get too big for me nowadays. It has lost much of the magic it had back at 0.4, 0.5 and also 0.6. :(

I just wish I could turn the time back to 2006 and forget everything that has happened since then, to experience the magic again..
Octopuss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Octopuss »

How is more feature and less bugs a bad thing? :)
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Octopuss wrote:How is more feature and less bugs a bad thing? :)
You don't get it, do you? :roll:
Octopuss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Octopuss »

No I don't. Enlighten me.
Paltala
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Paltala »

well done on another great job with OTTD developer people =D
i love the new payment method as it makes it A LOT more realistic in payment terms because in real life, a train driver dropping off some coal/equivalenthere doesnt get paid the second he stops, he gets paid after he delivers everything to make sure he doesnt cheat for more money
ImageImage
ImageImage
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Paltala wrote:in real life, a train driver dropping off some coal/equivalenthere doesnt get paid the second he stops, he gets paid after he delivers everything to make sure he doesnt cheat for more money
wha?
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

PikkaBird wrote:
Paltala wrote:in real life, a train driver dropping off some coal/equivalenthere doesnt get paid the second he stops, he gets paid after he delivers everything to make sure he doesnt cheat for more money
wha?
I think he means the new payment system in OpenTTD. You get paid when the load is unloaded, instead of when arriving at the station. But as I think you already know; it isn't the train driver that gets the payment for a load of coal. :lol:
Xander
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Xander »

Bennythen00b wrote:
Octopuss wrote:How is more feature and less bugs a bad thing? :)
You don't get it, do you? :roll:
And I don't think you realise Sourceforge stores everything: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openttd/files/

Go play your 0.5 release and leave the rest of us to lavish praise on the awesome dev team!
Real Tycoons do it on Trains!

JAMI: Just Another Moronic Intelligence
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Xander wrote:And I don't think you realise Sourceforge stores everything: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openttd/files/
Or OpenTTD itself, actually you'll find more here than on SF; http://binaries.openttd.org/releases/
Xander
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Xander »

Rubidium wrote:
Xander wrote:And I don't think you realise Sourceforge stores everything: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openttd/files/
Or OpenTTD itself, actually you'll find more here than on SF; http://binaries.openttd.org/releases/
Quick question (I realise this is going a little Offtopic) but what's the path through the website to get to that page? The only download pages I can spot are the ones for Latest Stable and Latest Nightly, otherwise I'd have linked to the OpenTTD page rather than SF.
Real Tycoons do it on Trains!

JAMI: Just Another Moronic Intelligence
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Xander wrote:
Rubidium wrote:
Quick question (I realise this is going a little Offtopic) but what's the path through the website to get to that page? The only download pages I can spot are the ones for Latest Stable and Latest Nightly, otherwise I'd have linked to the OpenTTD page rather than SF.
There is none, just like the cargodest download for example.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Xander wrote:
Rubidium wrote:
Many useful subdomain-pages are reached to via the links page. binaries.openttd.org is however not linked to from the links page. But if you follow the link to finger.openttd.org you there have a link to binaries.openttd.org. So yea, it is possible to click yourself there even if it is not really obvious.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Paltala
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Paltala »

Bennythen00b wrote:
PikkaBird wrote:
wha?
I think he means the new payment system in OpenTTD. You get paid when the load is unloaded, instead of when arriving at the station. But as I think you already know; it isn't the train driver that gets the payment for a load of coal. :lol:
aye, i am referring to the new payment method and Pikka, if you had quoted it in FULL context, it would make more sense and Benny, i think you understand what i mean :P
ImageImage
ImageImage
StopRightThere
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by StopRightThere »

Thankyou for the excellent (as always) release. Are you planning any more releases in the 0.7.x vein or is the focus shifting to 0.8.0?

Thanks.
Bye Bye OpenBVE :(
Official TT-Hot young ginger Doctor Who assistant FanClub
Formerly known as AdditionalData
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Development (almost always) focuses on the next major release, in this case 0.8.0. Though that release isn't planned for the near future, probably somewhere in the spring of 2010. Till then there will undoubtedly be some more 0.7.x releases, just to fix all kinds of small issues people come up with.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Yay!

Congratulations with another fine release! :D
Cannon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cannon »

Thx devs for the continuous work.

I'm a software developer too, and I know how important, vital whereas difficult it is to polish a software (no matter of private or public domain) after it had been launched for years. The key is, good software needs good devs who have insights of how softwares need to grow in years or even decades. Yup it is not sufficient to produce good result, but it is definitely necessary.

Cheers.

Return to “General OpenTTD”