why can't i deliver valubles?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

itdr
Engineer
Engineer

why can't i deliver valubles?

Post by itdr »

Hi!

Here's a picture:

1. a bank.
2. an armored truck to deliver valubles.
3. a station.
4. the station doesnt accept the valubles.

what am i doing wrong?

i added a .sav file, just in case.

thanks!
Attachments
Dedingbury Transport, Aug 19th, 1966.sav
(106.75 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: why can't i deliver valubles?

Post by Supercheese »

It looks like you want to Transfer the valuables to the train. In this case you'll need to give the trucks Transfer orders: https://wiki.openttd.org/Orders#Transfer

Of course, this assumes the train waiting will take the valuables and unload them at another bank.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Loading the save, it appears that the station not accepting valuables may have been a temporary glitch. When I opened the game it said the station now accepted Mail, Goods and Valuables.

Suppercheese is right, though. If you intend to play with the default economy, you will need to add transfer orders. However, if you intended to play with CargoDist enabled and have those transfers automatically take place, you need to go into the Settings menu and enable CargoDist for cargo, then start a new game.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

There is another station window (Woods) than indicated by red circle 1.
Maybe it is railway station (in this case, cargodist would solve problem with bi-directional transfer).
Last edited by Wahazar on 08 Apr 2015 09:23, edited 1 time in total.
Rollerghost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rollerghost »

I loaded the save and found that turning on Cargodist in the settings menu (ingame) solved the problem.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

McZapkie wrote:There is another station window (Woods) than indicated by red circle 1.
Maybe it is railway station (in this case, cargodist would solve problem with bi-directional transfer).
Oops yes, you're right it is Funley Woods that is the rail station, I totally missed that. And that would be why it accepts nothing because it's not near an accepting industry. Still, solution would be what Supercheese and I suggested, either use a transfer order when playing non-CD game, or turn on CD.
itdr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by itdr »

thank you all!

i changed the order to transfer and it worked!

now, i will use these thread for another question:
a few game-years have passed, and that valubles delivery project that i asked about turned out to be realy expensive.
the train is the money maker in this story; it makes around ~15K per year. but the armored trucks (1 in each city), is ending the yaer with -10K combined.
remembering the the bank is in the middle of the city, and i can't construct a train station close to it, what can adviceto me? how can i do it better?

again,
thanks guys!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Deliver goods faster and more frequently. It will reduce he amount of time the cargo is in transit and increase your profits. Also possibly trying to find a vehicle with lower running costs.
itdr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by itdr »

delivering goods increase the valuble production? i didn't knew that (i'm a noob.. :D )
also, i don't have a better truck yet. i will wait.

thanks!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

More frequent visits to your station and quicker delivery of cargo encourages increases in production, on top of decreasing cargo value and cargo decay for moving it faster. Time is money.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Banks don't increase production like other industries. Valuables on temperate climate is a challenging cargo to handle. It's often ignored, or bundled with other cargo like mail.
TimeLapse1357
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TimeLapse1357 »

move Funley Transfer behind the white building next to Funley bus stop (might need to use the CTRL key). build roads to make a loop around the white building. this will increase the distance between the stations and increase the value of the delivered cargo.

original ground vehicle set stinks at short range (sort of stinks at long range too), I like eGRVTS better.
Ivir Baggins
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ivir Baggins »

If a road stop gets put near the station it can be added to Funley Woods due to how station placement works. Thence the trains load valuables directly from the bank without any transfer orders.

Return to “General OpenTTD”