I still play this game a lot. Even it's not finished and never will be finished (almost 100% for sure), this game is a great game.
Yes, there was only one patch made before they took this game from the market. Actually Ubisoft stole the game from some german guy who was the creator.
Ubisoft then changed only a few things and released it, meanwhile the game was not totally finished.
I have no idea why there are no other games just like this one. I also would like to see a realistic 3D version of Trains and Trucks Tycoon. Maybe in a few years.
I actually managed to get some editor programs from the creator that allows you to unpack the data.wdb file. This file contains all the textures, buildings, trains.....
So i was able to change the following thing and compile the file successfully:
- Signs textures are more realistic.
- Rail textures are more realistic.
- Road textures are more realistic.
- Added red german dubbeldeck wagons to the game. (made by some guy)
- Changed trains speeds to more realistic speeds.
- Changed also the starting and end year of trains. Now all the trains all available during all the years!
I am still changing the game to make it just a little more realistic.
The game engine is old, but the graphics are not that bad at all. Putting some more realistic textures will help a lot.
If you remove the locomotive then the schedule attached to it will be gone too. So you have to make a new one.
Good luck with the game!