Still going?

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
fallout
Engineer
Engineer

Still going?

Post by fallout »

Why not just finish the game? Make some changes to the engine, give it a new name and market it as a trade game instead of a transport game :)
He can then release this new title as a seperate game and rake in the $$$$.
I just cant see him winning this fight no matter how right he is. If you know the legal system then you know that its not about who is right but about who has the money to prove it.
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by teccuk »

I suppose it must...

Found this game in a box yesterday, despite its obvious faults, its still a respectable looking game. Shame really.
Aphfaneire
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Aphfaneire »

Hey long time user of ttd since i was a kid and also an avid fan of T&TT, well the sand box anyway, never really played it.

I thought for years that T&TT was just a flop of a game that i loved to mess around with since its engine imo was better than other train and transport games i had incountered such as Railroad tycoon. However i would have loved for it to have as many vehicles as TTD and now ive found out that it is infact a stolen attempt to make a new TTD.

I recently got Open TTD and have been looking to get more mods like improved signals and everything into it, just to make it smoother. I cant get the old cheat mods from my origional dos version like all vehicles in the 50's or destroying trees makes you rich, but i still would love to improve it.

Also i would like to find a new copy of T&TT because mine is getting on and is more likely to bring up bugs that i used to think were my old computer that was weak for it, but now i realise its the game. :(
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Still going?

Post by teccuk »

I just got back into this over the last week.

Anything other than sandbox mode is completely unplayable. The bueaty of the game for me is engineering gorgeous mountain passes, loops and bridges. Its a real shame the interface and scenarios are so buggy. It really is genuinely unplayable in anything other than sandbox mode. And the switches and and junctions are a nightmare.

But, its still a good looking game, and good building map spanning routes across lakes and mountains is good fun.
mookee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mookee »

So, what's a problem with scenarios? imo they're ok
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by teccuk »

Perhaps its just me then...

But:

- Can't delete buildings (perhaps just me)
- Strange cargo generation
- Overpasses are a bit broken, so if the AI gets there first...
- Switches are glitchy and on both my previous system and this new one, sometimes savegames 'break', when trains go past points the game crashes
- Route finding is generally good, but for example when using road transport managing lots of schedules is very hard
- Too slow to complete... ie. you build and have to just wait for the scenario to be complete
- They are all very similar
- No deleting buildings means especially for passenger services, penetrating the towns is very hard.

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”