I like the buggy one!

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
kaminari
Engineer
Engineer

I like the buggy one!

Post by kaminari »

Hello everybody.

Does anybody know if there are any news about releasing another game like TTT? Despite of all those 4 years many new train games were released, nowadays (except for Locomotion) I like much more the buggy TTT than others (so sad to say ;( ). I mean SidMeyers Railroads games and similar...

When does the TTT copyright expires, if it does so? It's for making a mod than could improve it... :twisted: It's a joke... i know we can't do that.

I think I better sit down waiting for a new version of TTT, or for someone making something like it, because I'm tired to was stand up for so much...

Have a good holidays!

¡New URL!

More info in this treat
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: I like the buggy one!

Post by DaleStan »

kaminari wrote:When does the TTT copyright expires, if it does so?
In the US? Never.

Theoretically, it's 75 years after creation, if the copyright is held by a company, or 75 years after the death of the creator, if the copyright is held by an individual. But every time the copyright on Mikey Mouse gets too close to expiring, the protected period is extended.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

DaleStan wrote:
kaminari wrote:When does the TTT copyright expires, if it does so?
In the US? Never.
If I'm not mistaken the TTT creator is German.
Ubisoft is French.

So wouldn't that make the copyright laws in question be German or French?
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
kaminari
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kaminari »

I don't know when and what copyright might be applied, but yesterday I've downloaded DirectX SDK and started reading a book called "(C++) - Advanced 3D Game Programming with DirectX 9.0". With all those pre-made functionabilities included with libraries, i might be easier than 10 years ago... at least I hope so. :roll:

Anyone with me? :mrgreen:

¡New URL!

More info in this treat
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

You should probably rather start with one of the existing games, i.e. make OTTD or Simutrans 3D. Imho, the biggest problem are the graphics.
I like to look at great maps and see how things flow. A little like a finished model railway, but it is evolving and actually never finished. http://www.simutrans.com
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

I have foolishly embarked on making a full set of 3d graphics for "openttd3d" (see the openttd graphics forum). While i am somewhat dubious about using the openttd engine, especially with simutrans now open source, the models and textures are on their way. If you want to help a 3d transport project then I would reccomend looking into this one, or using the graphics I am trying to produce...
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

Transport Empire
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”