Hi Guys ... That's Incredible

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
mgiglio
Engineer
Engineer

Hi Guys ... That's Incredible

Post by mgiglio »

Ciao ragazzi,
scusate il mio inglese, gli italiani non parlano bene lingue straniere perchè abbiamo molte persone pagate per tradurre film stranieri.

I play with computers since 1982, when I was 7 years and i'm from Ivrea where Olivetti was borrn ... do you know , computer's Olivetti?

Well I played Rail Road Tycoon 1 in 16 colors and I think it was a good game at thet time. While I think that sid meyer railroad! is not a good game for our times.

I found really great transport ... but I think it is too old now for these times and do not think a 3d translation of this game is the best solution for gamers.

Instead, when I saw 3dtt I thought: "Finally, a tycoon in 3d with a good system of railway construction with infinite directions unlike transport that has only four, vertical, horizontal and two oblique.

But this game was abandoned after only one patch ... why?
Why no other games were made starting from this new idea?

The patch 1.1 is needed otherwise you can not remove the stop signs in the road track for a bug ... but there are still many bugs or problems. For example,can you tell me how to maintain the schedule when you change trains? ...

i am just sad because these are games that help guys to improve their administrative capacities ... but producers prefer to make fps. I understand that fps are most sold but after 100 fps you could also do a good tycoon? Why not ??

I saw also A-Train 8 , very bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, i hope that this community could do something better :)))
TTgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Hi Guys ... That's Incredible

Post by TTgamer »

Hi mgiglio,

I still play this game a lot. Even it's not finished and never will be finished (almost 100% for sure), this game is a great game.
Yes, there was only one patch made before they took this game from the market. Actually Ubisoft stole the game from some german guy who was the creator.
Ubisoft then changed only a few things and released it, meanwhile the game was not totally finished.
I have no idea why there are no other games just like this one. I also would like to see a realistic 3D version of Trains and Trucks Tycoon. Maybe in a few years.
I actually managed to get some editor programs from the creator that allows you to unpack the data.wdb file. This file contains all the textures, buildings, trains.....
So i was able to change the following thing and compile the file successfully:

- Signs textures are more realistic.
- Rail textures are more realistic.
- Road textures are more realistic.
- Added red german dubbeldeck wagons to the game. (made by some guy)
- Changed trains speeds to more realistic speeds.
- Changed also the starting and end year of trains. Now all the trains all available during all the years! :D

I am still changing the game to make it just a little more realistic.
The game engine is old, but the graphics are not that bad at all. Putting some more realistic textures will help a lot.
If you remove the locomotive then the schedule attached to it will be gone too. So you have to make a new one.

Good luck with the game! :)
tkt48
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tkt48 »

Hi,

It's nice to see that anyone is still interested in 3DTT.
It is very sad that game was abandoned without providing modification tools and code to community.
What I managed to preserve on HDD, before official forum was closed, are patch and editors for unpacking the .wdb, I did not manage to get anything to create 3D vehicle models and terrain - having this it would be possible to bring this, a bit bugged;), game to life again, as writing tech specification files is not a problem there.
mgiglio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mgiglio »

Hi Guys ... thanks for your answer ... i uploaded 2 videos on youtube of this game (30 minutes !!!) ....search for "train & trucks tycoon"

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”