Kamnet's Stats Shack - STILL HIRING ARTISTS!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Kamnet's Stats Shack - STILL HIRING ARTISTS!

Post by kamnet »

Kamnet's Stats Shack is my own little corner for compiling information of vehicles that I'd like to see coded into OpenTTD.

All information presented here is freely available, released into Public Domain license, for anybody to use for their projects. Statistics and specifications for real-life vehicles will try to closely mirror those real-life stats as much as possible, within reason to OpenTTD. I require no credit, but will accept it anyhow. :-)

To accompany my stats, I am encouraging artists to submit their own original artwork. These can be in original 8bbp 1x/2x/4x zoom or 32bpp full zoom. Feel free to pick and choose the models that you want to draw, not all of them need to be made in order to build a set.
  • Available Projects
  • Amphibious Aircraft - featuring over 700 seaplanes, floatplanes, flying boats, amphibious planes & helicopters to use with the new seaplane port in OpenGFX+ Airports. Seaplanes have been with us since the Wright Brothers' early experiments in flight, through the great wars into today. This is a near-exhaustive list of nearly every craft in existence!
  • Ground Effect Vehicles - featuring over 50 real and a few imagined ekranoplans, from the Cold War to just produced. Ekranoplans are ships that fly over water (and sometimes land as well) and can carry massive amounts of cargo or passengers. In OpenTTD, ships cannot currently travel faster than 127 km/h, but never mind that, enjoy the variety of new ships to try out! This list will be expanded to include other types of ground effect vehicles at a future date.
  • VTOL Aircraft, Airships & Helicopters - featuring over 150 experimental, prototypical futuristic real-world aircraft. These include VTOL proprotors, autogyros, compound helicopters, airships, and conventional helicopters.
  • Amphibious Road Vehicles - featuring over 100 amphibious trucks, cars, military transports and ATVs that can take advantage of the upcoming OpenTTD roads (or, NotRoadTypes, as the name says).
  • Suspended Monorail Vehicle Set - My first fictionalized vehicle set to complement the Urban Suspended Monorail NewGRF tram replacement.
Last edited by kamnet on 28 Jul 2018 19:19, edited 8 times in total.
V453000 :)
President
President

Re: Kamnet's Stats Shack - NOW HIRING ARTISTS!

Post by V453000 :) »

Good luck with that; better start drawing ;)
ImageImageImage
kamnet

Seaplane Transport

Post by kamnet »

Seaplane Transport
View spreadsheet here: http://kam-net.com/ottd/statshack/seaplane-transport/

Seaplane Transport is a list of seaplanes, largely real but a few drawings and prototypes that didn't make it far. For the sake of OpenTTD play most of the planes documented must be capable of transporting at least four passengers and/or at least 0.5 metric tons of cargo. I've taken some liberties here with rounding up cargo or passenger capacity, or rounded up or down other stats just to make it simple. After all, this is a game.

Seaplanes are typically classified into two types:

Flying Boats, which have ship-like hulls that are used for landing and buoyancy, with flotation sponsons or other devices on the wing tips to keep the plane balanced in water. Using any available space of water as a runway was a huge advantage over land-based airplanes, as it required very little infrastructure to be built and maintained. Because of this, however, most of the flying boats from 1910 through 1940 were restricted to water. As technology and needs progressed, however, that has largely changed, and today nearly all flying boats are classified as amphibious.

Flying boats came into development only a few years after the airplane was invented, and quickly developed into a preferred vehicle for use by military. Originally built for reconnaissance, they were quickly adapted into bombers and fighters, and were the first ship-based planes to be used in warfare. During the World War I all nations impressed their aircraft builders to crank out new designs and improvements and build thousands of units for war.

After World War I, small-capacity surplus flying boats became the first bush planes. Globetrotting explorers used them in their expeditions, and the vehicles got plenty of press coverage. They were also utilized early in trans-Atlantic mail service. Passenger cruise lines used small capacity flying planes to transfer mail from ship to shore, ahead of the ships, improving speed of delivery by up to 20%. The commercial airline business also saw them as useful, and many of what would become the major world airlines were originally formed around flying boats. While flying boats couldn't surpass sailing boats in capacity, they could surpass them in speed, and would set world records in transporting passengers across the Atlantic, and eventually the Pacific. These planes became larger and heavier over the next three decades, culminating in behemoths such as the Dornier Do X, the BV 222 Wiking, and the SARO Princess, all represented in the set. They were also sought after by the wealthy and elite, many converted with amenities such as sleeping compartments and on-board kitchens.

After World War II, however, the golden era of the float plane drew to a close. Global investments in building land-based airports, especially during and after the war, drastically dropped the cost of airplanes and airport infrastructure. Excess surplus wartime planes (many sold for just a few hundred dollars) were converted for secondary passenger and cargo use. Flying boats were much more expensive, by comparison, and their technology had become outdated. A few attempts to modernize them with jet turbine engines found them even more expensive and less reliable. In the dawn of the Space Age, flying boats were as antiquated as sail boats. In light of this, flying boats became more specialized. Many of the large cargo vessels were adapted and morphed into specialty aid vehicles, such as search-and-rescue response, mobile hospitals and firefighting air tankers / water bombers. More recently they've seen their renaissance as bush planes, aerosports planes, and personal transportation.

Floatplanes, which today are largely the same models as traditional aircraft, with flotation pontoons replacing wheels as the landing gear. These originally were purpose-built vehicles for military reconnaissance and fighters. Aircraft manufacturers, however, found it more cost-effective to design planes which could be adapted for use on dry land, frozen tundra and snow, as well as water, and within a decade of the invention of the airplane many popular models came as a floatplane option. Further, many more would become amphibious thanks to Earl Dodge Osborn, who in 1925 began marketing EDO floats, which performed as both flotation pontoons and landing wheels. Most major manufacturers offered EDO floats as an option at the factory. For those that were not adapted as amphibious, EDO often built popular after-market conversions.

Floatplanes, for the most part, are smaller in both physical size and capacity compared to flying boats of the early- and mid-20th century. This made them much more affordable and economical to use as personal transport, commuter and ferry services, and feeder cargo delivery. From bush planes, to tourism, scouting and exploration, as well as training new pilots how to fly, amphibious floatplanes have always been a popular option for anybody who wanted or needed to get from land to water and back quickly and affordably. Vehicles are typically quite durable, and even with abuse are able to be well maintained for decades of use. Today floatplanes are typically split between bush planes, short-route cargo transport, commuter and tourist transport, and aerosports.
kamnet

Ground Effect Vehicles

Post by kamnet »

Ground Effect Vehicles
View spreadsheet here: http://kam-net.com/ottd/statshack/groun ... -vehicles/

Ground Effect Vehicles is a list of land- and sea-based transport of passengers and cargo using the phenomenon of ground effect. Vehicles utilize this effect between their wings and the ground to create a cushion of air to ride along. This list, so far, is mostly exclusive to the ekranoplan, but will eventually expand to cover other types of GEVs. Cargo capacities, speeds and other statistics are fairly close to their real-life equivalents.

Ekranoplans and most other GEVs are technically classified as sea vessels, although some are able to obtain true flight by applying enough power. So far, in OpenTTD only one ekranoplan set has been coded, and it was coded as ships. The downside is that currently ships are restricted to 127 km/h in speed, and reality ekranoplans and other GEVs are capable of operating between 150 km/h and 300 km/h, with records set above 600 km/h.

Ekranoplans are based on the work of Rostislav Alexeyev, who had already established himself in ground-breaking work developing hydrofoil ships, applied his keen knowledge of ground effect on giant ships. When Nikita Kruchev took power, he took keen interest in Alexeyev's work and classified it as a state secret. The Ekranoplan, translated directly from Russian as "screen effect" or "ground effect", for years was referred to in code as the "steamboat project", was sold on the hopes that this new secret would give him the advantage in the Cold War against the United States, carrying massive troops and heavy weapons, including nuclear arms, right up to the enemy's door.

Starting with small projects in the 1960s, Alexeyev scaled projects larger and larger, culminating in the KM, or more plainly translated as "Korabl Maket" or "Navy Prototype". It was largely successful, and it lead to more projects. Unfortunately they were very expensive, and when regime change came in the late 1970s, Alexeyev found himself removed from development. New leadership determined the ekranoplan was "idealistic" and "wishful", and the future of Soviet power laid in traditional displays of power - larger armies, big rockets, planes and tanks. While the projects were quietly shelved, they didn't escape the notice of American spies. Spy satellites picked up the shape of the vehicle as it was sitting in dry dock, and after analyzing it initially dismissed it as a poorly thought-out airplane, but would eventually discover its true nature. It's sheer size caused it to be dubbed the "Caspian Sea Monster".

Several more projects were completed before the breakup of the Soviet Union in the 1990s. After which, the technology started to be disseminated throughout the former Soviet republics and China in the 1990s, and then the rest of the world after 2000. Many companies have tried and fallen bankrupt attempting to take market the technology for mass passenger and cargo transportation, smaller companies have taken advantage of it by promoting the vehicles as personal transportation and sports craft.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Good job in collecting all this information!
I hope that this and the implimentation of a seaplane port into OpenGFX+airports will inspire artists to draw these lovely seaplanes!
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
kamnet

Re: Seaplane Transport

Post by kamnet »

Near complete-records of useful Canadian, German and French seaplanes has now been updated, bringing the database to 175 vehicles.
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

This sounds like something I'd attempt, however I can't really draw sprites and have no time to practice what with education and that
I'll have to pass for now, but I'd love to see the GEV and Seaplane finished graphics :P
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
Awesometrains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Awesometrains »

arrgh matey , seaplanes link is outdated
Qa'pla!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Not outdated, just an issue with my webserver that I'll fix after the holidays. You can jump directly to my spreadsheet here in the meantime.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... LA/pubhtml
Awesometrains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Awesometrains »

introduction and retirement dates for Fairey III are wrong

also a Fairley is a type of locomotive (The L shouldn't be there)

and there are multiple variants so which one are you talking about?
Qa'pla!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Awesometrains wrote:introduction and retirement dates for Fairey III are wrong
also a Fairley is a type of locomotive (The L shouldn't be there)
and there are multiple variants so which one are you talking about?
Thank you for the spelling correction. My dates of use are for civilian, not military (even for planes that were largely known for their military usage). The Wikipedia article notes that the first civilian sales started in 1919. The IIIC started production in 1920, but many of the IIIB, produced in 1919 were finished and/or refitted to IIIC standards. And it is the IIIC that was modified to carry five passengers instead of a pilot, navigator and gunner. Still, there is very little difference between all of the variants as far as usefulness in OpenTTD, so I don't see a reason to specify if it's a IIIC or a IIIF (the most mass-produced version). The main differences are the engine sizes and seating arrangements, which OpenTTD planes care nothing about. The retirement date isn't very far off. The last date of production that I could see for any of the Fairey IIIs was 1929. To be useful in OpenTTD I set a minimum lifetime age of 10 years, and I try to keep them in multiples of 5 for simplicity's sake. So for this plane you cannot purchase or renew it past 1929, and when it ends its life in 1939, that's only a few years off from when the last military services retired the last remaining Fairey IIIs from service. I couldn't find any civilian services which were still operating these planes in 1939.
Awesometrains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Awesometrains »

Gosport Fire Fighter has a range of 400

EDIT : Gosport Fire Fighter was never built , it was just a proposed design.
Qa'pla!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Awesometrains wrote:Gosport Fire Fighter has a range of 400
May I inquire as to the source of this information?
Awesometrains wrote:Gosport Fire Fighter was never built , it was just a proposed design.
Yes, any model marked in magenta are only proposed designs, and are included because they're unique or interesting enough to include. In this instance, it was included because it could theoretically haul more tons of cargo than the other two planes available for civilian purchase in 1919, and a plane of similar capability, the Dornier Do 16 Wal, wouldn't be available for four more years.
kamnet

VTOL Aircraft, Airships & Helicopters

Post by kamnet »

VTOL Aircraft, Airships & Helicopters
View spreadsheet here: http://kam-net.com/ottd/statshack/vtol/

AS FEATURED IN: Oftcrash's VACE aircraft set.

VTOL Aircraft, Airships & Helicopters are a listing of aircraft meant to be encoded as NewGRF helicopters. This set originally started as for purely experimental and theoretical VTOL vehicles, but has now expanded for historical and current conventional aircraft. VTOL stands for Vertical Take-Off and Landing, and includes the following categories:

VTOL Proprotors: Proprotor aircraft use two or more rotors or thrusted jets attached to a fixed wing for vertical lift, then employ a tilt wing, tilt rotor, or thrusted jets to maneuver forward. Almost all of these are geared as military experiments, with very few making it to a prototype. Only one aircraft, the Bell V-22 Osprey, has developed into a production model for military transport. A civilian model, the Leonardo (formerly AugustaWestland, formerly Bell/Augusta) AW609, will enter the market in the next few years.

Autogyros: Also known as gyrocopters, gyroplanes or rotorplanes, autogyros use a propellor blade for vertical lift, then use proprotors or jets on a fixed wing to maneuver forward using either wings or the unpowered autorotational propellor for in-flight lift. Most of these are experimental or futuristic in nature, with few real-world models in use. The most famous of these is the Fairey Rotodyne, which was successfully prototyped for five years but eventually dismantled.

Compound Helicopters: Also known as gyrodynes, compound helicopters feature one or more propeller blades for vertical lift, then employ rotors or jets mounted horizontally to maneuver forward. Mostly experimental, the upcoming Airbus Eurocopter X3 demonstrator will be one of the first to see full production.

Airships: Airships use a lighter-than-air gas for lift and then use rotors or jets in to maneuver forward. Airships come in rigid, semi-rigid, non-rigid
(blimps), hybrid aerostats (powered balloons), dynastat and rotastat variants. Early models mostly focused on transporting passengers and mail with some cargo. World War I and World War II era models were largely used as bombers. These formed the first passenger airlines, and were a wildly popular way for the wealthy and well-to-do to travel, with very good safety records compared to both ships and airplanes. However, after the infamous mid-air explosion of the Zeppelin LZ-129 Hindenburg, witnessed by thousands, airships quickly fell out of favor and never recovered as a form of transportation. They still remain viable options for military patrol and surveillance as well as scientific studies, as well as being popular for use in advertising and aerial photography and videography. Future project are attempting to re-establish airships as a means of inexpensive heavy lift transportation for non-time sensitive bulk cargo, and as a revival of slower leisurely cruise and sightseeing opportunities for the wealthy.

Helicopters: These are broken up into Civilian and Light/Medium Transport and Military and Heavy Lift Transport. Nearly all of these are helicopters that can move either lots of passengers or lots of cargo. Nearly all of them started out as military transports that were then exported for civilian use, with many prototypes successfully making it into the market. As technology improves these helicopters continue to get bigger and faster, although current trends are to use the space for limited capacity VIP transportation.

Eyecandy / Personal Transport: These are largely fictional designs for vehicles that don't yet exist. The most famous is the Moeller M200 SkyCar, which has a prototype that saw limited testing. These likely will never be coded unless Supercheese gets bored. ;)
kamnet

Amphibious Aircraft

Post by kamnet »

Amphibious Aircraft - Air-to-Sea Transport
View spreadsheet here: http://kam-net.com/ottd/statshack/seaplane-transport/

Air to Sea Transport is a list of seaplanes and amphibious helicopters, largely real but a few drawings and prototypes that didn't make it far. For the sake of OpenTTD play most of the vehicles documented must be capable of transporting at least four passengers and/or at least 0.5 metric tons of cargo. I've taken some liberties here with rounding up cargo or passenger capacity, or rounded up or down other stats just to make it simple. After all, this is a game.

Seaplanes are typically classified into two types:

Flying Boats, which have ship-like hulls that are used for landing and buoyancy, with flotation sponsons or other devices on the wing tips to keep the plane balanced in water. Using any available space of water as a runway was a huge advantage over land-based airplanes, as it required very little infrastructure to be built and maintained. Because of this, however, most of the flying boats from 1910 through 1940 were restricted to water. As technology and needs progressed, however, that has largely changed, and today nearly all flying boats are classified as amphibious.

Flying boats came into development only a few years after the airplane was invented, and quickly developed into a preferred vehicle for use by military. Originally built for reconnaissance, they were quickly adapted into bombers and fighters, and were the first ship-based planes to be used in warfare. During the World War I all nations impressed their aircraft builders to crank out new designs and improvements and build thousands of units for war.

After World War I, small-capacity surplus flying boats became the first bush planes. Globetrotting explorers used them in their expeditions, and the vehicles got plenty of press coverage. They were also utilized early in trans-Atlantic mail service. Passenger cruise lines used small capacity flying planes to transfer mail from ship to shore, ahead of the ships, improving speed of delivery by up to 20%. The commercial airline business also saw them as useful, and many of what would become the major world airlines were originally formed around flying boats. While flying boats couldn't surpass sailing boats in capacity, they could surpass them in speed, and would set world records in transporting passengers across the Atlantic, and eventually the Pacific. These planes became larger and heavier over the next three decades, culminating in behemoths such as the Dornier Do X, the BV 222 Wiking, and the SARO Princess, all represented in the set. They were also sought after by the wealthy and elite, many converted with amenities such as sleeping compartments and on-board kitchens.

After World War II, however, the golden era of the floatplane drew to a close. Global investments in building land-based airports, especially during and after the war, drastically dropped the cost of airplanes and airport infrastructure. Excess surplus wartime airplanes (many sold for just a few hundred dollars) were converted for secondary passenger and cargo use. Flying boats were much more expensive, by comparison, and their technology had become outdated. A few attempts to modernize them with jet turbine engines found them even more expensive and less reliable. In the dawn of the Space Age, flying boats were as antiquated as sail boats. In light of this, flying boats became more specialized. Many of the large cargo vessels were adapted and morphed into specialty aid vehicles, such as search-and-rescue response, mobile hospitals and firefighting air tankers / water bombers. More recently they've seen their renaissance as bush planes, aerosports planes, and personal transportation.

Floatplanes, which today are largely the same models as traditional aircraft, with flotation pontoons replacing wheels as the landing gear. These originally were purpose-built vehicles for military reconnaissance and fighters. Aircraft manufacturers, however, found it more cost-effective to design planes which could be adapted for use on dry land, frozen tundra and snow, as well as water, and within a decade of the invention of the airplane many popular models came as a floatplane option. Further, many more would become amphibious thanks to Earl Dodge Osborn, who in 1925 began marketing EDO floats, which performed as both flotation pontoons and landing wheels. Most major manufacturers offered EDO floats as an option at the factory. For those that were not adapted as amphibious, EDO often built popular after-market conversions.

Floatplanes, for the most part, are smaller in both physical size and capacity compared to flying boats of the early- and mid-20th century. This made them much more affordable and economical to use as personal transport, commuter and ferry services, and feeder cargo delivery. From bush planes, to tourism, scouting and exploration, as well as training new pilots how to fly, amphibious floatplanes have always been a popular option for anybody who wanted or needed to get from land to water and back quickly and affordably. Vehicles are typically quite durable, and even with abuse are able to be well maintained for decades of use. Today floatplanes are typically split between bush planes, short-route cargo transport, commuter and tourist transport, and aerosports.

Amphibious Helicopters are largely standard helicopters which have been designed or fitted to be capable of making landings on water. There are not very many models, but most have 20-to-40 year operational histories and a very long life of production and refurbishment. They found their popularity in the 1960s and 1970s for multi-purpose land-air-sea operations, especially in ship-to-shore transfer and air-sea rescue. Most of today's modern helicopters have little need to make water landings, but there are still a few models in production or mid-life refurbishments. Most of these are designed exclusively for military use. Sometimes a model will be created for civilian markets, but it is rare (nearly impossible) for an ex-military surplus to be allowed conversion to civilian operation. Still, world governments are generous with OpenTTD society and we're allowed to fly them on our maps as we see fit. ;)
kamnet

Air Cushion Vehicles / Hovercraft

Post by kamnet »

I've been doing some work over the last week on updating my list of Ground Effect Vehicles to include Air Cushion Vehicles (ACVs) / hovercraft.
http://kam-net.com/ottd/statshack/groun ... -vehicles/

I'm still doing some research into vehicles created in the late 1950s and early 1960s, when this type of transportation exploded in popularity. I am struggling to find more information on developments in the 1970s and early 1980s. This may be because there was massive consolidation in the construction industry during the world oil crisis, combined with emerging technology and research into creating faster ships.

Initially this technology was held as a secret by the British government, with independent experimentation by American, Russian and French developers. Government investment and development helped to make this a unique British-dominated industry focused on moving large numbers of passengers and military in very large ships. Today there's not as much need for these types of large vessels, so today you see most commercial ACVs that are smaller (6-20 passengers, search & rescue, some cargo under 2 tons) and developed with cost and economy in mind. Major manufacturers are mostly in the UK and USA, with strong development also in Russia and Australia.

Interesting that of the great manufacturers of old, there are really only two left in business. Most of the UK manufacturers ended up bundled into British Hovercraft, which was eventually taken over entirely by Westland, which then sold its hovercraft division to its largest subcontractor, HoverWorks. Today HoverWorks is merged with another great subcontractor, Griffon Hovercraft, along with Hoverspeed, one of the longest-running and dominant passenger ferry services in the UK. Griffon HoverWork manufactures a variety of original designs used by commercial ferry operators as well as many governments for search & rescue, police and military operations. The other great manufacturer is Textron, whose Bell Aerospace division first licensed the BHC SR.N5 Warren class hovercraft, re-designated the Bell SK-5 and later the US Navy's PACV, which saw usage during the Vietnam War. In the late 1970s and early 1980s Textron designed the massive Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC) class hovercraft for the US Navy. Today it is in the final stages of completing work on the first of its replacements, the LCAC-100 Ship-to-Shore Connector.

Anyhow, I've documented around 135 hovercraft, should anybody ever decide they need some more variety. These are likely best coded as ships, although perhaps for a few of the smaller ones you may want to consider them for road vehicles.

After I finish with this, I'll be looking at expanding the selections of Ekranoplans and Ground Effect Vehicles (GEVs). There will probably be much fewer of these due to their more experimental status, and the fact that current development is more focused on creating vehicles for personal sport and recreation than as a solution for moving larger numbers of passenger or cargo.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Kamnet's Stats Shack - STILL HIRING ARTISTS!

Post by Gwyd »

If I find the time, I might try some V-TOLs
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Well I didn't get around to finishing research on ACVs, nor GEVs and Ekranoplans. A broken arm took me out for a few months.

But this past weekend, I did a bunch more looking into updating the helicopter rosters. We're now over 150 models for small and medium lift helicopters, and there's a lot of research still left to do for heavy lift. With the heavy lift choppers, many of them are dealing with the same model continually refined over a period of decades. Most of these are military but some of them do make it out into the civilian market second-hand for work in construction and occasionally to offshore oil industries for moving personnel and materials.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

For now my research on ACVs and Ekranoplans has finished. And, to that end, my lists of GEVs and Ekranoplans have been merged into one file. I now have near-complete records of 75 GEVs and 216 ACVs. Seriously, lots of fun ships of all capacity sizes, cargo and passenger alike. C'mon... you know you wanna start transporting some heavy cargo on the hoverbarges, and give your airlines some competition with these ekranoplans!

Now I am moving on to sister technologies - hydrofoils, surface effect ships, air cavity ships, and catamarans. Of which I have near-complete stats for 60 hydrofoils and about a dozen others I'm still looking for, as well as plenty of other designers and builders I've yet to come across.
kamnet

Amphibious Road Vehicles

Post by kamnet »

Amphibious Road Vehicles - Surf-to-Turf Transport
View spreadsheet here: http://kam-net.com/ottd/statshack/amphibious-road-vehicles

As development of NotRoadTypes continues to expand, our customers have expressed a great interest in vehicles that can utilize these new pathways into the world of OpenTTD. It is with great pleasure that we now reveal our newest emporium of curiosities. Sea-to-Turf Transport meets the demands of our customers who need to transport passengers and cargo from water to land, or vice-versa, but don't have sufficient ship-to-shore facilities to transfer. Or, perhaps, they just want a quick run in the muck or the water after a long day at the office? Look, we don't care, we just want to sell you a vehicle!

Our categories thus far are broken down into the following (subject to change):

Amphibious All-Terrain Vehicles (AATVs) Off-Road Vehicles are typically medium-to-heavy equipment meant to move large numbers of passengers or cargo. Much of this is surplus military hardware (Sold without weapons, sorry! We couldn't get a license for that!), but there are some significant beats sold directly to the civilian and commercial market. These vehicles don't just pass over streams, they're capable of taking on entire lakes or even rough seas!

Military Armored Transport (APTs/APCs) are tried-and-true troop carriers and armored cargo transport that normally are weaponized, but, again, no license so no weapons. But if protecting your valuable diamonds, gold and VIPs is a must, you will not find anything but the best available at your disposal.

Amphibious Buses is actually quite a new category, so we don't have many for sale. Some "buses" are actually old military transports stripped down to the frame with a shabby bus body welded on, but we're starting to see some new developments coming. So, while inventory is thin at the moment, you will be satisfied that your tourists and commuters will receive a nice, comfortable ride across the water when your ferries are running behind.

Amphibious Cars & Trucks are smaller vehicles that tend to either be small military surplus, recreational, personal or just flat out weird! From articulated ATVs and jeeps to high-dollar sports cars and trucks, feel free to give these beauties a spin with our free, no pressure, no down payment required two-hour test drives. Just bring your driver's license and an appetite for fun!
Last edited by kamnet on 13 May 2018 19:58, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Graphics Development”