OTTD: Modern European Metro Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

What next?

Düsseldorf U-Bahn
10%
Amsterdam Metro
6%
Oslo Metro
3%
Hannover Stadtbahn
4%
Rome Metro
2%
London Underground
28%
Paris Metro
13%
Milan Metro
2%
Athens Metro
1%
Rotterdam Metro
3%
Madrid Metro
2%
Barcelona Metro
3%
Moscow Metro
17%
Petersburg Metro
1%
Bucharest Metro
3%

Total votes: 93

Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: OTTD: Modern Euro-Metro Set (German U-Bahn Set)

Post by Yoshi »

Hi,

i think your S-DT8 is a bit too box-shaped....

What about this?
stuttgart_dt8_10.png
stuttgart_dt8_10.png (3.06 KiB) Viewed 4568 times
Attachments
Stuttgart_DT8.pnml
Warning: Uses different template!
(2.72 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

alluke wrote:Helsinki Metro M200, if you want to include it:

Built by Bombardier & Alstom in 2000-2001

124 seats, 163 standing places

100 km/h

Dry weight 65t

Wheel arrangement Bo'Bo'+Bo'Bo' (for calculating TE)

Power 920 kW
Thanks for the statistics and photograph, makes things a lot easier when it comes to drawing and implementing trains into the set :D I will add for the next release.
Yoshi wrote:Hi,

i think your S-DT8 is a bit too box-shaped....

What about this?
The attachment stuttgart_dt8_10.png is no longer available
Looks better, I will edit as neccessary to make it fit into this set's template :P

If anyone else wants to use our template for drawing I attatched it below:
Attachments
empty template.PNG
empty template.PNG (2.38 KiB) Viewed 4517 times
Tschüß!
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

You may use the code snippet for adding my train, then you don't have to edit it
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Yoshi wrote:You may use the code snippet for adding my train, then you don't have to edit it
Yep, it should work out nicely. :)
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
jegerpizza
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jegerpizza »

Yay the copenhagen metro will be included :bow: I live in denmark it is fantastic!!!
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

I am back after a long break :P so, how does the code snippet work? Does it means I don't have to put it in the sprite box manually like always, then its great!
jegerpizza wrote:Yay the copenhagen metro will be included :bow: I live in denmark it is fantastic!!!
will not fail to impress 8)
Tschüß!
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

Code: Select all

template tmpl_32(x,y,xrel1,xrel2,xrel3,xrel4,xrel5,xrel6,xrel7,xrel8,yrel1,yrel2,yrel3,yrel4,yrel5,yrel6,yrel7,yrel8){
	[x,		y,	10,	28,	-4+xrel1,	-15+yrel1]
	[x+20,	y,	26,	28,	-15+xrel2,	-19+yrel2]
	[x+50,	y,	36,	28,	-18+xrel3,	-22+yrel3]
	[x+90,	y,	26,	28,	-8+xrel4,	-18+yrel4]
	[x+120,	y,	10,	28,	-4+xrel5,	-15+yrel5]
	[x+140,	y,	26,	28,	-15+xrel6,	-19+yrel6]
	[x+170,	y,	36,	28,	-18+xrel7,	-22+yrel7]
	[x+210,	y,	26,	28,	-8+xrel8,	-18+yrel8]
}

template tmpl_32_short(x,y) {
	tmpl_32(x, y, 0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0)
}
This is the code for the used template, which should go to the "Ubahn.pnml".

Then just "#inlcude "Stuttgart_DT8.pnml"" and it should be fine.
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Okay dokey, will do.

Anyhow, I have returned :) My long abandonment of this development is no more. Here is proof, a new Helsinki Metro M200. If you look hard you'll see pieces of the Vienna train in it :P

I noticed the voting and clearly the Amsterdam Metro will be next on my hit list. Although, if you do find time to ever post pictures or stats of European metro vehicles, go ahead. I am also open to other subways from around the world, such as if this set was to continue even outside of Europe. See, information-getters (researchers, if you like) are important!

I also have an important question. Should we throw the controversial Stadtbahn vehicles into a tram set? This would put Frankfurt, Cologne, one of Vienna's vehicles, Stuttgart and likewise into a tram set. The point why I kept it as trains was to enable multiple units. But, I guess we can have refits as RVs instead. Hungarian Tram set shot this idea at me :)
If this was to happen, this Light Rail set would have the longest passenger trams ever seen in OTTD 8) We could also then pursue Light Rail systems too. The point of LRT is to save space, and tram lines are a lot smaller than 2x2 metro tracks!

Also, the set is hungry for graphic artists, coders, jokers, critiques who not only critique but fix, and all other sorts of aids.
Attachments
Helsinki M200
Helsinki M200
Helsinki M200.png (8.4 KiB) Viewed 3792 times
Tschüß!
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Also, I have reset the poll with new options from which I think to be major underground systems in Europe. There still are the existing options, although the options which have already been integrated into the set is crossed off. Suggest to add if you like.
Next sprite to be made will be the Amsterdam M5 series, and then whatever recieves votes in after thats finished :P

Do vote!
Tschüß!
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Hans Kruzer wrote:I also have an important question. Should we throw the controversial Stadtbahn vehicles into a tram set?
yes. Stadtbahn is essentially a tram.
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: OTTD: Modern European Metro Set

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Okay, I will seperate the sprites for those vehicles and make the sprites for refits (1-4 units of each depending on the vehicle) soon. I will keeep them in this topic nevertheless. For example, one Frankfurt U4 light rail train has 2 carraiges. their would then be refits for 2 carraiges, 4, 6, and even 8; this way there will be capacity in competition with a heavy metro line on tram lines :D

Here is the Amsterdam M5, newest train for their system. Next to be made is 2 trains from the Paris Metro, which currently has greatest # of votes. Perhaps its light-rail counterpart will also be added for the set.
Attachments
Amsterdam M5.png
Amsterdam M5.png (11.25 KiB) Viewed 3711 times
Tschüß!
Manuel18
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Manuel18 »

Hans Kruzer wrote:Okay, I will seperate the sprites for those vehicles and make the sprites for refits (1-4 units of each depending on the vehicle) soon. I will keeep them in this topic nevertheless. For example, one Frankfurt U4 light rail train has 2 carraiges. their would then be refits for 2 carraiges, 4, 6, and even 8; this way there will be capacity in competition with a heavy metro line on tram lines :D

Here is the Amsterdam M5, newest train for their system. Next to be made is 2 trains from the Paris Metro, which currently has greatest # of votes. Perhaps its light-rail counterpart will also be added for the set.
Really nice, i could take this week Madrid and Barcelona trains to help you on drawns

Fot those who vote for Metro Madrid i will start since 2000's so that means Series 6000 to 9000 also the short one Series 3000 ("last one")
http://es.globedia.com/breve-historia-t ... tro-madrid

for Barcelona i will include only the main Series 1000-2000-5000. so that means there not be Series 1100 and 3000 because are based on main series.

By the way Mr Hans i will fix the Siemens M1 i've finded some issues with my drawn
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198029896773]Image[/url]
Manuel18
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Manuel18 »

Praha Siemens M1 updated, fixed doors and deleted articulated joints.
Attachments
PRAHASIEMENSM12.png
PRAHASIEMENSM12.png (14.93 KiB) Viewed 3539 times
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198029896773]Image[/url]
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Nice! Oh, it didn't have articulated parts, I assumed did. Thanks for helping with sprites, by the end of this weekend I will have Paris and Moscow ready as well.

If you want to base off existing sprites in the set when you make the Madrid and Barcelona trains, feel free!

:D

Also, the polls will be recorded on thread and closed by Sunday, so if anyone wants to vote, don't hesitate. I will set up a new poll, evrtything with a vote is guaranteed at least one set of sprites :)
Tschüß!
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Here is a train of the Paris Metro, attatched. It is the steel-wheeled MF 2000, one of the newest vehicles on the system. Other than this, a second train for this system will be the MP 89, which is another modern rubber-tired train of the system. The MP 88 might be added as well.

Moscow's system will be started later this weekend or next..

But before that, I plan on retouching the German trains, to upgrade the graphics to the current standard of trains we are adding; especially the DT2/3 types from Munich and Nuremburg, and recolouring the Berlin trains as according to Yoshi's H-Series.

I will edit your M1, Manuel, to give it a curved front, unless you want to try at it.
Attachments
Paris MF 2000.png
Paris MF 2000.png (12.91 KiB) Viewed 3428 times
Tschüß!
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Well this set isn't quite dead yet :) I have returned and am working on redoing the sprites of some of the original/older trains as you see in the test version, for fixing issues like misalignment and reducing the width of the articulated segments between train cars. For anyone interested in helping draw in this set or with their own sets here is 3 templates I created (with help of richardwheeler.net software) using for the sprite renewal. All trains beyond Copenhagen Metro are already using this scheme so they won't be renewed, if only slightly.
Templates:

2-Heads for flat-front/traditional metro trains (i.e. Helsinki M200), and passenger wagons for any trains with more than 2 carraiges per unit.

3-Curved front modern heads for metro trains (i.e. Munich C-Train)

4-Slanted/sloped modern front heads for metro trains (i.e. Hamburg DT4)

I have also changed the .txt with all statistics on the metro trains, to include the ones that were recently drawn, and also update the statistics of the original trains; all Heavy Metro vehicles are planned now to travel at 100 km/h and LRT vehicles at 90 km/h when the next test version is released.
Other updates include accurate horsepower for nearly all the trains, accurate (and increased) passenger capacities, introduction dates, and renaming the trains by their Manufacturer first rather than the city it is from. You can read it attatched. Running costs are also reduced, since people including myself have noticed that it is impossible or nearly to earn a profit from the trains with the running costs.

All costs in the .txt file is for if you were playing an OTTD game in 2015. I am not sure how the costs are put into coding, so I could be able to help it easier for coders..Is it like the price from the moment it is introduced, which inflates or not depending on game settings (as time progresses)?

I am learning to calculate tractive effort, which will be included soon. Would I use only the tractive effort for the train on flat land?
Like here I tried for the Berlin H-series train which weights 140 tons and travels at 100 km/h:
100 km/h=27.78 m/s
35x100=4900 N=4.9 kN
4.9x27.78=136.122 KW
Tractive Effort=136 KW :?:
Attachments
Information.txt
(9.5 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Tschüß!
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Renewed Sprites--Renewal of Berlin Siemens HK=type to resemble the H-type in colour, fixed doors.
-Complete Renewal of Munich Siemens C-type, now the front appears curved than slanted and coloured better.

New sprites: Munich C2, which is a recent train for the Munich U-Bahn manufactured but not yet in operation. It has the same frame as the C-type, but differs with a modified front end and LED lights on the doors which indicate when doors are opening/closing, (Green when open, flashing red when closing/opening...) I don't think it is possible to mimick the flashing red of when the doors close/open and then have green when it is open, so instead a red indicator is on the train normally and green indicator when loading/unloading.

Another similar sprite that I will make based off HK-type is the new IK-type of Berlin, introduced very recently this year.

Upcoming New Sprites:
Paris-MF88
Moscow-81-740/741
Moscow-81-760/761
London-S8 Stock
London-2009 Stock
London-1995 Stock

And if Manuel comes to finishing the Madrid/Barcelona Metro trains :lol:
Attachments
C-Zug.PNG
C-Zug.PNG (11.13 KiB) Viewed 2910 times
C2.png
C2.png (11.78 KiB) Viewed 2910 times
Kleinprofil H-Series.PNG
Kleinprofil H-Series.PNG (12.45 KiB) Viewed 2910 times
Tschüß!
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Good-looking progress, carry on! Looking forward to the next version.
Hans Kruzer wrote: I have also changed the .txt with all statistics on the metro trains, to include the ones that were recently drawn, and also update the statistics of the original trains; all Heavy Metro vehicles are planned now to travel at 100 km/h and LRT vehicles at 90 km/h when the next test version is released.
Why are you doing that instead of giving these vehicles their real-life top speeds?
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Valle wrote: Why are you doing that instead of giving these vehicles their real-life top speeds?
I would think the average speeds of the metros (usually 80 km/h) is rather slow looking in OpenTTD, but I guess we could happily replace the "eyecandy speeds" with the actual maximum design speed. Just keep the eyecandy speeds as a parameter, maybe :D
Tschüß!
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Hans Kruzer wrote:
Valle wrote: Why are you doing that instead of giving these vehicles their real-life top speeds?
I would think the average speeds of the metros (usually 80 km/h) is rather slow looking in OpenTTD, but I guess we could happily replace the "eyecandy speeds" with the actual maximum design speed. Just keep the eyecandy speeds as a parameter, maybe :D
I think 80 km/h is a nice speed for metros in OpenTTD, given their role as high capacity short distance vehicles. But that is my opinion.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML

Return to “Graphics Development”