Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:50 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:55 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:34 pm
Posts: 1718
You only have to provide the tracks + underlay (so the underlay sprites partially without sleepers and ballast), for the lights I will use a number of sprites provided by Purno.

_________________
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:58 pm 
Offline
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 232
ok then we'll see ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:04 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:34 pm
Posts: 1718
And they are in. I just pushed the code and graphics to the DevZone, so they should be available in r65 when everything works (so no capitalization errors or other things that my local system just ignores but the DevZone does complain about).

Thanks to Yoshi for the graphics.

[EDIT]DevZone didn't complain and made a nice nightly for all of you, to download here[/EDIT]

_________________
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:39 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:34 pm
Posts: 1718
I just finalised the level crossing lights for the Metro Tracks and committed them to the DevZone, so that completes the Metro Tracks for now. They are included in r66, but because I had to remove an old file after that, the next nightly will be r67.

_________________
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:40 pm 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 590
Location: Netherlands
Some little bugs in joints:

Attachment:
bug.png [139.09 KiB]
Downloaded 1 time

_________________
View my (train)pictures on Flickr


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:48 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:34 pm
Posts: 1718
jor[D]1 wrote:
Some little bugs in joints:


You mean the fact that the sleepers are visible over the other tracks? That also happens in the original OpenGFX tracks, but less visible because the first sleeper in that sprite is not on the edge.

I can solve it by removing the sleepers from the overlay sprites. That might be a good idea, because the overlay sprites are used for joints and for reserved tracks and they look really ugly when they are reserved because OpenTTD makes them some sort of grayscale/darker, so when the sleepers are removed from those sprites the track will lighten up a bit because the underlay sleepers will still be visible and coloured.

_________________
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 am 
Offline
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 232
Thanks...

I overlooked this :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:46 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:34 pm
Posts: 1718
I removed the sleepers from the overlay sprites, see the attached screenshot. I am not completely happy, I think there should be some sleepers, but that will look strange with reserved track when only half of the sleepers gets a different colour, so some opinions on it would be appreciated.


Attachments:
File comment: Screenshot
Little Peside Transport, 22nd Nov 2100.png [47.89 KiB]
Downloaded 1 time

_________________
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:51 pm 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 590
Location: Netherlands
Something else, why is the rail in the horizontla view so high? Isn't 1 pixel enough?

_________________
View my (train)pictures on Flickr


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:00 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:34 pm
Posts: 1718
jor[D]1 wrote:
Something else, why is the rail in the horizontla view so high? Isn't 1 pixel enough?

I agree that it looks a bit high and 1 px will be enough. I think removing the top pixels (the darkest) is the way to go, so that the tracks don't look that dark compared to the other directions. I'll try to get that done today.

For the other tracks I think I will mostly recolour sprites to start with and work from there. I don't have a lot of free time at this moment, so it will take some time before that is done.

Colour schemes I have in mind at this moment:
Unelectrified/1500V DC: default OpenTTD rail (looks quite like the Dutch lines with brownish underlay and greyish tracks)
Yard/Station rail: Whitish underlay but standard OpenTTD rail if possible (like the new part of Den Haag Brinckhorst)
HSL: Concrete like underlay, no sleepers (I only know it from pictures, and some show with sleepers, others without, so to make it really different from the other tracks, no sleepers)
Futuristic: No plans yet.

_________________
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:49 am 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 590
Location: Netherlands
Dutch HSL has no sleepers. And is laid in concrete mostly

_________________
View my (train)pictures on Flickr


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:51 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:34 pm
Posts: 1718
Transportman wrote:
jor[D]1 wrote:
Something else, why is the rail in the horizontla view so high? Isn't 1 pixel enough?

I agree that it looks a bit high and 1 px will be enough. I think removing the top pixels (the darkest) is the way to go, so that the tracks don't look that dark compared to the other directions. I'll try to get that done today.

And this is how it looks. I'm not completely happy with it, since I just copied the row above it to replace the old track part, so it needs some randomization to get some texture. I also noticed that some sleepers are missing 2 pixels, but that has been corrected in my files already (the sleepers slightly left and right of the middle of the _ parts)


Attachments:
Unnamed, 1st Jan 2000.png [37.68 KiB]
Downloaded 1 time

_________________
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:59 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 11:47 am
Posts: 6325
Location: The Netherlands
Sleepers in _ are still too wide. Should be 2px max.

As for the track height in _ view, I think 2px makes sense. In | it's 1px wide, here you see only the width of the track. In _ you have a combined side/top view. And since rail track is about three times as high as it's wide...

_________________
FooBar's Tram Tracks | TransRapid Track Set | Metro Track Set | OpenGFX base graphics set | FIRS Industry Replacement Set
Dutch Tram Set | Dutch Trainset 2 | Dutch Road Furniture


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:13 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:34 pm
Posts: 1718
FooBar wrote:
Sleepers in _ are still too wide. Should be 2px max.

As for the track height in _ view, I think 2px makes sense. In | it's 1px wide, here you see only the width of the track. In _ you have a combined side/top view. And since rail track is about three times as high as it's wide...

I personally like the 1px height in the _ view, I found the 2px just to much (but that also could have been the dark colour). I will take a look at the sleeper size, now that you say it, they indeed look very wide.

I'm having some doubt about modifying the sleeper size wrt to sizes and distances. Should I make them 2px and then the next one after another 2px or should it be 3 or 4px?

_________________
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:58 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:34 pm
Posts: 1718
Just a small update on the progress (or the lack thereof) on this set:

Because of some RL projects I have not yet had the time or motivation to work further on this since my previous post. Since those projects will run until the start of July it is not very likely I will have a lot of time to work on the graphics. Since the code is 90% done and graphics can easily be included once they are made, I would really appreciate if people help me out by doing some graphical work.

_________________
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:06 pm 
Offline
Chairman
Chairman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:51 pm
Posts: 797
Location: The Netherlands
Hi all! First of all nice work! Can't wait to get a full release for my railnetworks in my Dutch scenario's.

I am however playtesting with the nightlies (have version r71) and I have a question about the behaviour of the tracks when placed next to each other in vertical direction. Especially when they are in the same tile. Is it not yet possible to have different tracktypes next to each other? Or is this not going to be possible because of restrictions of the game itself? See pic:
Attachment:
Rails01.png
Rails01.png [ 86.64 KiB | Viewed 637 times ]

_________________
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959


Winner of the september 2012 screenshot competition: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59459&start=120#p1049999
Winner of the january 2013 screenshot competition: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59459&p=1065284#p1065250
Winner of the april 2013 screenshot competition: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59459&start=340#p1076368
Winner of the august 2013 screenshot competition: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59459&start=580#p1095873
Winner of the march 2014 screenshot competition: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=69762&start=100#p1116965


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:10 pm 
Offline
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 232
That's a restriction of the game itself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:16 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:34 pm
Posts: 1718
Quast65 wrote:
Hi all! First of all nice work! Can't wait to get a full release for my railnetworks in my Dutch scenario's.

Thanks for the nice words. As stated in my previous post, this set is currently on hold, so don't expect a full release soon. I don't have a lot of free time at this moment to work on it and it is mostly graphics that have to be done and I just don't have the time and skills to really work on that.

Quote:
I am however playtesting with the nightlies (have version r71) and I have a question about the behaviour of the tracks when placed next to each other in vertical direction. Especially when they are in the same tile. Is it not yet possible to have different tracktypes next to each other? Or is this not going to be possible because of restrictions of the game itself? See pic:

Like Yoshi said, that is a game restriction. You can't have two tracktypes on the same tile, OpenTTD converts the latest one to the already placed one.

_________________
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:02 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 11:47 am
Posts: 6325
Location: The Netherlands
Just as a heads-up: I started preparatory work for the train set to support the track set yesterday.

In a week or so the train set will also support the track set (provided that the track set follows the standardized railtype scheme as published on the wiki, but I assume it does) :D

_________________
FooBar's Tram Tracks | TransRapid Track Set | Metro Track Set | OpenGFX base graphics set | FIRS Industry Replacement Set
Dutch Tram Set | Dutch Trainset 2 | Dutch Road Furniture


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:07 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:34 pm
Posts: 1718
FooBar wrote:
Just as a heads-up: I started preparatory work for the train set to support the track set yesterday.

In a week or so the train set will also support the track set (provided that the track set follows the standardized railtype scheme as published on the wiki, but I assume it does) :D


It should do that, I did code that 2 weeks ago (or something like that). See issue 3927 for the labels. If there is something wrong, just let me know, it is easy to fix.

_________________
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000-2013 phpBB Group

Copyright © Owen Rudge/The Transport Tycoon Forums 2001-2013.
Hosted by Zernebok Hosting.