[OTTD] Dutch Tracks Development (0.1.0-Alpha1 released)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

jor[D]1
Director
Director

Re: [OTTD] Dutch Trackset Development Thread (Artists wanted

Post by jor[D]1 »

Nice catenary poles. Maybe let them use a wire similar to the dutch catenary set wires.
Transportman wrote:
Yoshi wrote:Should i bend this one a bit more?
I think you should indeed bend it a little bit more. I think that the poles in the | direction on the right side of the track also need to be bend a bit more, maybe by making the base 1px wider.
Michi_cc wrote: The mouth is too big and there is no good way to solve that without completely losing the idea that it is a long stretch into the tunnel, so that type is not going to work. Maybe this one and this one are a nice replacement. Their shape represents the OpenTTD tunnels, so it shouldn't be to hard to get the size of the mouth the same as that of the "hole" in the grass graphics.
Looks like a very nice compromise i think
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

I edited them a bit....
Pylon_Betouwe.png
Pylon_Betouwe.png (926 Bytes) Viewed 1698 times
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Yoshi wrote:I edited them a bit....
The attachment Pylon_Betouwe.png is no longer available
And coded them. Note that the offsets are not completely correct yet.

I think that most right pole (so NE direction, right side of the track) should have a lighter base.

Another note: I didn't push this code to the Devzone yet, if you are happy with how they look ingame, I will push the changes to the Devzone.
Attachments
Unnamed, 1st Jan 2100#2.png
(70.93 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Last edited by Transportman on 06 Apr 2012 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Also good looking stuff here! This trackset is coming along nicely.
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

I tried out the other portals with the correct shape:
Tunnel_Betuwe2.png
Tunnel_Betuwe2.png (6.3 KiB) Viewed 1647 times
I hope they fit better...

And here is the lighted Pylon:
Pylon_Betouwe.png
Pylon_Betouwe.png (924 Bytes) Viewed 1647 times
The positions look good, i think :D
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

That betuwetunnel feels too oldfashioned to me, for such a modern railtrack. Isn't it possible to use the tunnels from BK enhanced tunnels as a reference?
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... ls#p588601
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Yoshi wrote:I tried out the other portals with the correct shape:
Tunnel_Betuwe2.png
I hope they fit better...

And here is the lighted Pylon:
Pylon_Betouwe.png
The positions look good, i think :D
I think the tunnel mouth needs to be a bit rounder and the fences a bit lighter. What are those two small sprites in the middle? I'm trying to figure out where they should go in the left image, but I just don't see it.

The pylons look great. I'll fix the offsets in the code and then upload everything to the Devzone.
Quast65 wrote:That betuwetunnel feels too oldfashioned to me, for such a modern railtrack. Isn't it possible to use the tunnels from BK enhanced tunnels as a reference?
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... ls#p588601
I personally don't like the BK enhanced tunnels for the Betuweroute tunnels. Maybe for one of the other tracks (1500V DC for example) they are a good reference.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

What are those two small sprites in the middle?
They look like powerlines to me
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

The diagonal views probably.
So the view where you see the train from the side.
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Transportman wrote:The pylons look great. I'll fix the offsets in the code and then upload everything to the Devzone.
Upload completed, graphics will be available in the next nightly.

I'm thinking to use the OpenGFX train signals (normal block signal) as the base for the lights at the Metro level crossings. When I switch the lights (so that red is above and green is below) and make the pole striped black/white it resembles a Dutch traffic light, but I will be doing that this evening.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Transportman wrote:I'm thinking to use the OpenGFX train signals (normal block signal) as the base for the lights at the Metro level crossings. When I switch the lights (so that red is above and green is below) and make the pole striped black/white it resembles a Dutch traffic light, but I will be doing that this evening.
I have taken the green light out, so in RL it is a traffic light that can show yellow -> red -> nothing. I would like some feedback on the sprites I made from the OpenGFX signals. Should the green light be put back in? Should there be barriers or something? If people like them, I can add them to the code and finalize the Metro Graphics.
Attachments
The sprites
The sprites
LevelCrossingLights-metro.png (4.26 KiB) Viewed 245 times
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Maybe you can give them some depth by making the left side of the pole one or two shades darker than the right side, possibly with some random colour variations to give them some texture.

As for the lights, I would not put a green one in, this seems fine to me.
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

Transportman wrote: I think the tunnel mouth needs to be a bit rounder and the fences a bit lighter. What are those two small sprites in the middle? I'm trying to figure out where they should go in the left image, but I just don't see it.
I'll try it...

Those little sprites are the track underlay parts... there is not more to see :)
Transportman wrote: The pylons look great. I'll fix the offsets in the code and then upload everything to the Devzone.
Thanks.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

FooBar wrote:Maybe you can give them some depth by making the left side of the pole one or two shades darker than the right side, possibly with some random colour variations to give them some texture.

As for the lights, I would not put a green one in, this seems fine to me.
Ok. I will try to give them some depth and texture.

Yoshi wrote:
Transportman wrote: I think the tunnel mouth needs to be a bit rounder and the fences a bit lighter. What are those two small sprites in the middle? I'm trying to figure out where they should go in the left image, but I just don't see it.
I'll try it...

Those little sprites are the track underlay parts... there is not more to see :)
Ok, was just wondering what those sprites could be. I'll try to include the tunnel sprites in the code after Easter, when you make some changes I only have to replace the file to include the changes.
Transportman wrote: The pylons look great. I'll fix the offsets in the code and then upload everything to the Devzone.
Thanks.
You can try the current nightly to see the result. Just start in 2100 (or 1800 with the early introduction parameter on), then the Betuweroute-tracks should be available.
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

It looks good...

But the Pylon in | view on the right side is two pixels above the left side one.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Yoshi wrote:It looks good...

But the Pylon in | view on the right side is two pixels above the left side one.
Ok. I made a bug report on the DevZone so that I can't forget it, when I'm on my own system again I will look into it, think I have to change the y-offset a bit.
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

Here is a new try, now the mouth is rounder and the fences are a little bit lighter...
left: new right: old
Tunnel_Betuwe3.png
Tunnel_Betuwe3.png (3.14 KiB) Viewed 1464 times

Edit:

And here are some walls to replace the fences:
Fences_Betuwe.png
Fences_Betuwe.png (3.76 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Here is my source picture...
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Transportman wrote:
Yoshi wrote:It looks good...

Ok. I made a bug report on the DevZone so that I can't forget it, when I'm on my own system again I will look into it, think I have to change the y-offset a bit.
This is going to take a bit longer, a number of other offsets also have to be done (a junction from N to NE looks weird for example), so I will have to check all possible combinations.
Yoshi wrote:Here is a new try, now the mouth is rounder and the fences are a little bit lighter...
Tunnel_Betuwe3.png

Edit:

And here are some walls to replace the fences:
Fences_Betuwe.png
Here is my source picture...
They look good. The blue on the fences is for the CC? Just to be sure, because I'm not really familiar with palettes and stuff.
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

Yes it's for Company Colour...

How is the new tunnel mouth?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

They look good to me. Maybe others can give some feedback on it before you also make the other directions.

Return to “Graphics Development”