OpenGFX+ Trains development thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

OpenGFX+ Trains development thread

Post by planetmaker »

One thing this NewGRF could use are a few more translations. The English language file can be downloaded here: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ogf ... efault.lng, existing translations reviewed on http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ogf ... /show/lang

If you like to have this grf translated into your language please post the translation here, don't forget to mention the language; the text files must be UTF-8 encoded.

Also if you have other issues with these set, please say so here :-) One thing mentioned already are cargo capacity, where do they need adjustment?
Last edited by planetmaker on 29 Nov 2010 15:19, edited 4 times in total.
Timmaexx
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: OpenGFX+ Trains development and translations thread

Post by Timmaexx »

I guess, the german translation is already implemented?!
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Timmaexx wrote:I guess, the german translation is already implemented?!
Yes, the only two available languages currently are English and German.
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

Allows to set compatibility. If you add this set to an existing game, and have
already bought train vehicles, don't disable any wagons, otherwise it's save and recommended to disable the unneeded wagons (default setting).
I'm sorry but I don't understand what this means :(
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

I obviously did a remarkably bad job explaining that, you're not alone. I updated the text above slightly.

This setting disables all default wagons. I don't recommend to do that should you add this newgrf to a running game. Default of this setting is to disable all default wagons.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

I think it should also be:
"...otherwise it's safe..."
Noun, not verb... :wink:
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
buttercup
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by buttercup »

Lord Aro wrote:I think it should also be:
"...otherwise it's safe..."
Noun, not verb... :wink:
I believe the word you're looking for is adjective. (And save can be used as a noun anyway.)

planetmaker: I noticed you've included my name in the list of credits. This is quite unnecessary as all I did for the original OpenGFX trains was the initial offsets and I'm sure these have been adjusted by other people since then. In any case, I certainly didn't do any of the drawing.
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

This setting disables all default wagons. I don't recommend to do that should you add this newgrf to a running game. Default of this setting is to disable all default wagons.
Thats better :)

Assuming I understand this correctly may I recommend...

Add the following to the GRF description: This GRF removes all the default wagons. However this behaviour can be modified by a parameter

Then add the parameter description: Set to <insert number here> to allow this GRF to be used with the default wagons

Cheers

Bob
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

So, about the cargo capacity: Especially express cars should have a slightly higher capacity. For example, the default food wagon can carry 25 crates of food (=12 tons), while the default iron ore wagon can carry 30 tons.
Another thing that came to my mind: two generations of passenger and freight cars (one short, one long).That would balance train length and weight better in comparison with available engines, instead of just having the same average value for 100 years.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

buttercup wrote:planetmaker: I noticed you've included my name in the list of credits. This is quite unnecessary as all I did for the original OpenGFX trains was the initial offsets and I'm sure these have been adjusted by other people since then. In any case, I certainly didn't do any of the drawing.
Oh - you're listed as one of the persons doing the drawing and coding for nearly every train vehicle in OpenGFX :-) Yes, I messed with most offsets at some stage.
oberhümer wrote:So, about the cargo capacity: Especially express cars should have a slightly higher capacity. For example, the default food wagon can carry 25 crates of food (=12 tons), while the default iron ore wagon can carry 30 tons.

Another thing that came to my mind: two generations of passenger and freight cars (one short, one long).That would balance train length and weight better in comparison with available engines, instead of just having the same average value for 100 years.
I'll look at the capacity, thanks.

Generations for the wagons are a planned feature indeed.
Bob_Mackenzie wrote: Add the following to the GRF description: This GRF removes all the default wagons. However this behaviour can be modified by a parameter
Then add the parameter description: Set to <insert number here> to allow this GRF to be used with the default wagons
Sounds like a plan. Though this is a boolean parameter, no number to set, just yes or no (you should check out current nightlies ;-) ). Still it'll make sense as legacy for older versions - but those don't show the parameter descriptions.
Zephyris wrote:Could I suggest some futuristic trains and monorail vehicles so that those railtypes don't immediately go obselete once monorail and then maglev become availble?
I guess it won't be the next addition, but definitely an option :-) The overall time frame for the default engines is too small, it needs a few earlier as well as later ones.
lawton27 wrote:I trust tenders for steam locomotives is also on a coming soon?
Yes, there'll be one or more. I'm still a bit undecided how exactly to use them, what effect they'll have as I don't want them as a hard requirement. Currently I'm working on getting one into the game which will add a bit extra power to the steam engines it works with.
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Question planetmaker:

With "disable default wagons" i assume you disable them by setting the action0/climate parameter to 00? if so, i cant see a reason for this to be unsafe. Atleast with the enginepool turned on.
In the 2cc-set I have "disabled" (i.e. climate availability is 00) but this engine is always the 2nd (or 3rd for that matter) of an articulated engine with multiple parts. It be a tender or the 2nd part of the Iore. So, all in all, disableing by climate parameter should be safe as such (with enginepool, but do people NOT use enginepool?)
Member of the
ImageImage
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

DJ Nekkid wrote:With "disable default wagons" i assume you disable them by setting the action0/climate parameter to 00? if so, i cant see a reason for this to be unsafe. Atleast with the enginepool turned on.
Yes, that's the way I disable wagons. But I assume that it will be unsafe when there are already wagons of that kind around (i.e. like disabling those wagons after you just bought a couple of trains) - like: never change newgrf on a running game :-) Of course I assume enabled engine pool (who hasn't?). That actually gives me the idea: I should check for it :-)
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Can I suggest you add action0s for all default vehicles which should appear when using this set? Optionally removing some wagons could still be done via parameter... That way this grf could be loaded in parallel with any other trainset and still provide the default engines.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Zephyris wrote:Can I suggest you add action0s for all default vehicles which should appear when using this set? Optionally removing some wagons could still be done via parameter... That way this grf could be loaded in parallel with any other trainset and still provide the default engines.
Yes, that makes sense. Added to the tracker.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

need dutch translations?
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Code: Select all

lang: 2F
STR_GRF_NAME                                                    :OpenGFX+ Tog {VERSION}
STR_GRF_DESCRIPTION                                             :
{ORANGE}OpenGFX+ Tog{BLACK} forbedrer de standard lokomotivene og utvider vognvalget 
Designet til å passe til OpenGFX.{}
Programering: {SILVER}planetmaker, Terkhen{}
{BLACK}Grafikk: {SILVER}Zeyphris, DanMacK, buttercup, molace, Uzurpator{}
{BLACK}Lisens: {SILVER}GPL v2{}
{BLACK}Webside: {SILVER}http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ogfx-tog{}
{BLACK}En spesiell takk til {SILVER}Yexo{BLACK} og {SILVER}Ammler{BLACK} for deres støtte og bigrag
STR_NAME_BULK_WAGON                                             :Bulkvogn
STR_NAME_TANK_WAGON                                             :Tankvogn
STR_NAME_COVERED_PIECE_GOODS_WAGON                              :Stykkgodsvogn (tildekt)
STR_NAME_FLATBED_WAGON                                          :Flatvogn

STR_PARAM_DISABLE_UNNEEDED_WAGONS                               :Deaktivere standard vogner
STR_PARAM_DISABLE_UNNEEDED_WAGONS_DESC                          :Tillater å sette kompatibilitet. Ikke trygg å forandre om du allerede har kjøpt standard vogner.(shortened this one abit, but the meaning should be the same)
Member of the
ImageImage
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:need dutch translations?
Well, yes. Only English and German so far. And now Norwegian thanks to DJNekkid. Thanks :-)
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Croatian...

lang: 7F
STR_GRF_NAME                                                    :OpenGFX+ Vlakovi {VERSION}
{ORANGE}OpenGFX+ Vlakovi{BLACK} poboljšava osnovni set vlakova i povećava vozni park.{}
Dizajniran za OpenGFX stil.{}
Programiranje: {SILVER}planetmaker, Terkhen{}
{BLACK}Grafika: {SILVER}Zeyphris, DanMacK, buttercup, molace, Uzurpator{}
{BLACK}Licenca: {SILVER}GPL v2{}
{BLACK}Web stranica: {SILVER}http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ogfx-trains{}
{BLACK}Posebne zahvale{SILVER}Yexo{BLACK} i {SILVER}Ammler{BLACK} za njihovu podršku i priloge
STR_NAME_BULK_WAGON                                             :Wagon za rasuti teret
STR_NAME_TANK_WAGON                                             :Vagon-cisterna
STR_NAME_COVERED_PIECE_GOODS_WAGON                              :Vagon za komadnu robu (pokriveni)
STR_NAME_FLATBED_WAGON                                          :Plato-vagon

STR_PARAM_DISABLE_UNNEEDED_WAGONS                               :Isključi standardne vagone
STR_PARAM_DISABLE_UNNEEDED_WAGONS_DESC                          :Dozvoljava namještanje kompatibilnosti. Ako dodate ovaj set postojećoj igri i već imate kupljene vlakove, ne isključujte nikakve vagone. U suprotnom slučaju je sigurno i preporučljivo isključiti nepotrebne standardne vagone (osnovna postavka).
Cheers,
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Swedish

lang: ?? (Swedish)
STR_GRF_NAME                                                    :OpenGFX+ Tåg {VERSION}
{ORANGE}OpenGFX+ Tåg{BLACK} förbättrar standardlokomotiven och utvidgar vagnvalen 
Designad för OpenGFX.{}
Programmering: {SILVER}planetmaker, Terkhen{}
{BLACK}Grafik: {SILVER}Zeyphris, DanMacK, buttercup, molace, Uzurpator{}
{BLACK}Licens: {SILVER}GPL v2{}
{BLACK}Website: {SILVER}http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ogfx-tog{}
{BLACK}Speciellt tack till {SILVER}Yexo{BLACK} och {SILVER}Ammler{BLACK} för deras stöd och bidrag
STR_NAME_BULK_WAGON                                             :Bulkvagn
STR_NAME_TANK_WAGON                                             :Tankvagn
STR_NAME_COVERED_PIECE_GOODS_WAGON                              :Styckegodsvagn (täckt)
STR_NAME_FLATBED_WAGON                                          :Flatvagn
STR_NAME_REFRIGERATOR_WAGON                                     :Kylvagn

STR_PARAM_DISABLE_UNNEEDED_WAGONS                               :Deaktivera standardvagnar
STR_PARAM_DISABLE_UNNEEDED_WAGONS_DESC                          :Deaktivera inte standardvagnar om du lägger till det här setet till ett pågående spel.
Annars är det säkert (och rekommenderas) att avaktivera onödiga standardvagnar (standard).
g).
Last edited by AndersI on 15 Oct 2010 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
peetleouf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by peetleouf »

French :

lang: 7F
STR_GRF_NAME                                                    :OpenGFX+ Trains {VERSION}
{ORANGE}OpenGFX+ Trains{BLACK} améliore les véhicules ferroviaires de base et augmente le nombre de cargaison transportable.{}
Design correspondant au style OpenGFX.{}
Programming: {SILVER}planetmaker, Terkhen{}
{BLACK}Graphics: {SILVER}Zephyris, DanMacK, buttercup, molace, Uzurpator{}
{BLACK}License: {SILVER}GPL v2{}
{BLACK}Website: {SILVER}http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ogfx-trains{}
{BLACK}Remerciement spécial à {SILVER}Yexo{BLACK} et {SILVER}Ammler{BLACK} pour leur support et leurs contributions. 
STR_NAME_BULK_WAGON                                             :Wagon tombereau
STR_NAME_TANK_WAGON                                             :Wagon citerne
STR_NAME_COVERED_PIECE_GOODS_WAGON                              :Wagon couvert
STR_NAME_FLATBED_WAGON                                          :Wagon plat
STR_NAME_REFRIGERATOR_WAGON                                     :Wagon frigorifique

STR_PARAM_DISABLE_UNNEEDED_WAGONS                               :Désactive les wagons de base.
STR_PARAM_DISABLE_UNNEEDED_WAGONS_DESC                          :Ne pas désactiver les wagons de base si vous ajoutez ce set à une sauvegarde existante. 
Autrement il est recommandé de désactiver les wagons de base non nécessaire (Configuration par défaut).
Last edited by peetleouf on 14 Oct 2010 08:53, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Graphics Development”