[OTTD] osswix' JP+ Signals (multi aspect)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

osswix
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] osswix' JP+ Signals (multi aspect)

Post by osswix »

I want more signal variety and more signals.
I like the japanese set.
It lacks the multiaspect support added in JGRPP, and as no one seems to be actively working on one;
I present to you the following WIP:

JP+ Multiaspect Signals!
disclaimer : this set requires JGR's patch pack (or any other patch pack supporting multi aspect signals in the same way). The multi aspect aspect will only function correctly when using the realistic breaking model within this patch pack.

The JP+ multiaspect signals are based on the original signals, the initial release will be formed from an extended variation on the original graphics introducing aspects as seen in Japanese signals. In following releases i will touch up on these signals and release additional signals created with original art fitting within the style of the japan set. This set is aimed to work in addition to the original Japanese signal set, whose signals are usable as a fallback for this set.

releases
The initial release is currently meant for testing purposes and is not a finished product. Please provide feedback regarding this newgrf (especially since this is my first one). I will post files here before uploading proper releases to the BaNaNas. When actively working on this project i will constantly update a git repository here: https://github.com/osswix/jp-signalextensions. This repository will have the most up to date version, but, is very likely to also be the least functional of all releases as i use it to show the coding to others aiding me in creation.

most recent forums version : 0 5 1
most recent bananas version : 0 5 1

current features
  • Multiple aspects for block signals
  • path signals in corresponding styles

planned features
  • dwarf signals
  • repeater signals
  • advanced signals

known flaws
  • signals are not yet properly aligned in some directions
  • sections should be either signalled using normal or restricted style signals, otherwise aspect repeat or skips may occur
  • no visible difference between block, one way path and two way path signals
  • signals might appear weird in/around tunnels or bridges

credits
Special thanks goes out to the following people:

Gwyd for aiding me in programming this set (and being my rubber ducky).
The original creators of the japanese set(s), especially those responsible for the signals: Dandan, Sanchimaru, Uzurpator, and Onodera.

sources
Information regarding the signalling has informed by the following sources:

Japanese Railway signals from wikipedia.org at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_railway_signals
Japanese Railway signals and signalling from Sumida Crossing at http://www.sumidacrossing.org/Prototype/JapanSignaling/
Attachments
jpsig.grf
0 6 1, still somewhat jank
(32.99 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
osswix
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] osswix' JP+ Signals (multi aspect)

Post by osswix »

Updated with repeater and banner signals (first original graphics)
not yet perfectly aligned, but mostly working. I'm getting the hang of the coding for signalling now i guess.
i´ll update the information later if i bother for a proper release (and after i have made the dwarf signals and shinkansen block signals)
for now; here is the grf. Please report any problems here.
Attachments
jpsig.grf
(42.85 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

Return to “Graphics Development”