New Monorail graphics in the make

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

New Monorail graphics in the make

Post by squishycube »

In the screenshots topic someone posted a pic of one of his games. In this pic he had beautiful graphics for his monorails. the pic is in here: (second post on that page) http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &start=440 Could anyone help me find these graphics?

BTW I already used search, but that didn't get me any further (since almost every topic contains the words "new" "graphics" and "monorail" and it is not possible to search for strings of words.)
thanks in advance
Last edited by squishycube on 29 Jan 2004 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I'm afraid it's not anywhere on the forum and Mr Hunt has disappeared.
Maybe you could send him an e-mail or pm?
Tijgertjuh
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Tijgertjuh »

It's really nice those pictures.

Maby someone can contact him and post the graphics on this forum or on a website?
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I tried .... failed .... soeone have to use that screen to make graphic
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
nilsi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by nilsi »

Would it be OK for him?
Not illegal or something like that?

Nils
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

don't think so ... since it is screenshot :wink:
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

I have worked on this some time ago, but stopped because it was very frustating. It was not very easy for me to make the tracks fit to each other, and the bridges don´t looked that nice they should. So I only finished a station which I made after a screenshot from Mr. Hunt. I think it must be somewhere on my HD, maybe I will finish it someday. After all, the easiest way to get it would be by Mr. Hunt directly, it´s a pity he isn´t around here anymore.
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Dinges »

I would like to try it :)

Marcel, can you send those station blueprints to me :?:
Dinges

Who is the other person in me?

my Blog (dutch) - my Last.fm profile

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

dinges, I see that I did not have said it clearly, sorry. I have finished the station, have a look in the download topic. For some reason it is not on your site anymore. These bridges and tracks are somewhere on my HD. These are the things I had not finished yet. When I find them and these proto - tracks are usefull to anybody else than me (I don´t think so, it must be a chaos), you can have them of course. But I have no idea by what name I saved them and where.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Marcel wrote:dinges, I see that I did not have said it clearly, sorry. I have finished the station, have a look in the download topic. For some reason it is not on your site anymore. These bridges and tracks are somewhere on my HD. These are the things I had not finished yet. When I find them and these proto - tracks are usefull to anybody else than me (I don´t think so, it must be a chaos), you can have them of course. But I have no idea by what name I saved them and where.
I'd like to work on them too. Please send the images you have to me too
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

I have found them, they are nearly done. But I still haven´t found the bridges, only a screenie. I will finish the track tiles in the next days, but I don´t want to touch these bridges again. They look very nice, but then all bridges of these types would be changed, and this is something I don´t want to have in my game. Maybe someone of you is willing to this, we could work together then.
Attachments
hgfhf.jpg
hgfhf.jpg (12.55 KiB) Viewed 6855 times
Colonel Sheperd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Colonel Sheperd »

Marcel wrote:Maybe someone of you is willing to this, we could work together then.
I would like to, but my graphic skills suck
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Marcel wrote:I have found them, they are nearly done. But I still haven´t found the bridges, only a screenie. I will finish the track tiles in the next days, but I don´t want to touch these bridges again. They look very nice, but then all bridges of these types would be changed, and this is something I don´t want to have in my game. Maybe someone of you is willing to this, we could work together then.
I would like to work on it
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Dinges »

me too :roll:
Dinges

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

There are enough bridges for everyone, so there is no problem. I´m now sure that I don´t have the bridge sprites anymore. Sorry. I only have to fix some of the connections between the tiles, then it is done. I also have some ideas for the tunnel entrances, so I would like to do them. Maybe someone of you has an idea how it is possible to keep the original bridges for the normal railroadtracks. That would be best in my eyes.
Attachments
zzzz.jpg
zzzz.jpg (10.12 KiB) Viewed 6817 times
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Dinges »

I wish patchman (or another patchgeek) gave us a way to change only the monorails
Dinges

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Marcel wrote:There are enough bridges for everyone, so there is no problem. I´m now sure that I don´t have the bridge sprites anymore. Sorry. I only have to fix some of the connections between the tiles, then it is done. I also have some ideas for the tunnel entrances, so I would like to do them. Maybe someone of you has an idea how it is possible to keep the original bridges for the normal railroadtracks. That would be best in my eyes.
Please, could you post somewhere materials you have? Or at my e-mail?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

First step
Attachments
NewMonorailW.rar
For win
(13.85 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
monorail.rar
For dos
(13.82 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
New monorails
New monorails
NewMonorailW00.png (14.92 KiB) Viewed 6980 times
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

hey that looks pretty neat! :)
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

Interesting. These are bridges, aren´t they?. I have these tiles finished and someone else posts them, allthough he KNOWS I have made them. This is the kind of teamwork I prefer. Great work, George.

Return to “Graphics Development”