32Bpp Graphics Pack (13/03/2010)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

icefiresr
Engineer
Engineer

Re: 32Bpp Graphics Pack (13/03/2010)

Post by icefiresr »

Well, was weird. Anyways, is it o.k. when only a few of the sprites are in 32Bpp depth and the most like in the 8Bpp version? I mean that build has much fewer sprites compared to that one here. I am a bit confused which one is better right now.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

icefiresr wrote: I don´t have any config files.
Sure you have them.
Read section 4.2 of the readme.txt that comes with every download of openttd for a clue where they may be hiding on your pc.
If the downloaded version you have does not have a readme.txt, there is one at least in every official version dowload.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
icefiresr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by icefiresr »

I don´t have them, i searched the exact name of the file, as it is stated in the Wiki page. Throught the whole computer, even in hidden and system files. If so, rewrite that section in Wiki with the proper name of the file. There is no openttd.cfg whatsoever on my machine, not in user files, docs, nor admin or somewhere else. I do not even have a folder like this:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\OpenTTD

There are several others, but not OpenTTD. They are not even in the other User folders (default, my account).
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

You mean you have a working OpenTTD and no config file. That is ... impossible.
If what you say is true and it really does not exist, run OpenTTD at least once and close it, it will be generated.

Another way of finding it is opening a game and go to the saveload dialog, instead of saving click the home folder button (the little house). Saving games is done in the same folder your config file is for the version you are running. Yes you can have multiple ...

What is your OS so someone with the same OS can help you find it?
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Or your folder options do hide it. Like Chillcore said, when you can run the game, I'm pretty sure it's present on your computer. But, as said in my previous post, there is no need anymore to change it.
icefiresr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by icefiresr »

My OS is Windows 7 64bit and i understand how the system uses variable paths for docs, software,gaming, which differ in some version of Win. I am doing system upgrades for friends with data migration to newer operating systems. It´s just not there, i seached every possible path in readme and it is a fresh installation of the game and the OS. And i know i have to run the game to create configs (from the times of the UT99 engine :)). I have SYSTEM AND HIDDEN files set to SHOW (i undestand you try to help, but i am not a total newb).

I can run this Pack, but not the other one. Well, enough headaches, i will stay with the first one. I just wanted to see how many sprites are done in the second and if it is better or not.

BTW one more thing: i could not even run music ingame, unless i have used a nightly build. The regular ones, even the latest one, did not work. Just a little notice how you can´t use the tutorial here, sometimes you have to make your own...
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

I did not want to imply you're a noob, it's just when something weird is happening I try to understand it, and start with the easy possibilities.
You don't happen to start the game with a -c parameter with a different name from the command line by any chance?
icefiresr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by icefiresr »

No way, its just a default install. I am out of ideas. At least i can play it :)
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Nobody was saying you are a newb. (GeekToo was faster ...)

For the second one to work create the openttd.cfg near the openttd.exe yourself and put the lines to change in the empty file. This config file will only be used for this version then. If by doing so you cannot create savegames anymore, create a openttd folder in your personal documents directory yourself, inside you paste your config file, make a data folder and so on ...

The number of sprites available has nothing to do with the version you run of the extra zoom patch but with how many sprites are in the data folder.
You may want to look at downloading the developers package at Jupix' server you'll have more sprites available. You can add even more by browsing the forum and putting them in the data/sprites folder. (sprites folder is not needed but may help keep the directories cleaner.)

Edit: spelling.
Last edited by ChillCore on 15 Oct 2010 23:25, edited 1 time in total.

GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Or find a couple of tars here: http://wiki.openttd.org/32bpp_Extra_Zoom_Levels_Files, though they may be less standardized
icefiresr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by icefiresr »

Gonna work a bit on it. From my undestanding, the second package is the most regular updated, even more than the one in this thread? How many more months/years do you predict, until the whole game will be in 32Bpp?
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Well, for temperate a complete set may be available within a year or so, for the complete set I think that 20% of all sprites have been done now, in 5 years, so to complete it may take 20 years when extrapolating the current rate of progress
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Jupix,

Can you please remove the following lines from the first post:
32Bpp Game files 32bit- rapidshare or netload or zshare or filefactory or badongo
32Bpp Game files 64bit- rapidshare or [url=http:///]netload[/url] or zshare or filefactory or badongo
They contain old binaries with an increasing amount of problems and user questions.

This location is the up to date place to find the latest binaries and procedures
http://wiki.openttd.org/32bpp_Extra_Zoom_Levels

In addition, please mark the graphics packs in the first post as obsolete, since they are not in standard tar format. Better redirect users to your standard nightly pack for the most compatible version of the graphics.
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

Yeah, done. Actually that was long overdue.
#################
G3cko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by G3cko »

Hello all,

i have a stupid question: :?

Does 32bpp work together with other players in multiplayer if they use only the latest stable OTTD version?
Haskey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Haskey »

How can I get 32Bpp - Game files with extra zoom support (patch) working with 1.1.0-beta2 or 1.0.5?
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Not. As soon as you apply a patch the version would no longer be 1.0.5 or 1.1.0-beta2.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Yexo is technically correct, a patched version of either 1.0.5 or 1.1.0 beta is no longer those version. To better answer the question, you would need to roll the patch into the source code and compile it yourself. You cannot take the patch file and add it to a compiled binary. Search through the forums and read the wiki to learn how to patch and compile your own version of the game.
perk11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by perk11 »

Aren't those the latest binaries for 32bpp? http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/32bpp-ez/LATEST/
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

that link is for the latest binary

the link for the latest graphics pack is in the first post of this thread
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra

Return to “Graphics Development”