32Bpp Graphics Pack (13/03/2010)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

plnrmatt
Engineer
Engineer

Re: 32Bpp Graphics Pack (13/03/2010)

Post by plnrmatt »

Gotta start by saying I was a big Transport Tycoon fan as a kid and still think there hasn't been a good comparable transport game since - so brilliant work re: 32bpp graphics!

I've got two questions/comments:

Can someone tell me whether there is an agreed scale for buildings? I ask as there are a few buildings which are noticeably out of scale with each other. The white house and red terrace houses (see below first pic) show the point with the difference between front doors/windows being clear. Given the great work done re: the realism of the 32bpp I just thought blips like that were a shame.

The other comment has to do with a repacement building (second pic). The new building is of a modern/contemporary design and replaces a 8bpp building which originally looks like a Victorian or Georgian shop/office. Although I think the replacement building looks great (well done!) it appears somewhat out of place when playing the game in the early 20th century (or earlier) - it's a big ask, but could a replacement be provided which is more in keeping with earlier architecture?
Attachments
House scales.png
House scales.png (221.7 KiB) Viewed 6921 times
shopsoffv101a.png
shopsoffv101a.png (129.67 KiB) Viewed 6921 times
TagDaze
Engineer
Engineer

Re: 32Bpp Graphics Pack (12/02/2010)

Post by TagDaze »

32Bpp-Pack wrote: <snip>
Hey, instead of the whole megaupload junk, you can host files on my server. I've got all this space just sitting there, and I feel you could well use it.

I've got infinite space, infinite traffic, and I can give you a username/password to upload files to the FTP. I can provide you with your own space, without ads, waiting times or anything. No mixing of your files with those of someone else, just a neat, clean folder (with optional subdomain) where you can host and muck around all you want. This would pretty much be free lunch for you.

Interested?

PS. This goes for all OpenTTD contributors who need hosting.
hexxus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hexxus »

any news on a new pack or updates ?
voba
Engineer
Engineer

Post by voba »

Hello,

i am trying to install the 32Bpp Graphics Pack and got some problems:
extract the game pack to the game folder you choose
extract the base set to your [game folder]\data\
extract the additional set to your [game folder]\data\ <- those are activated like all grfs in the game.
play.
1) i downloaded the openttd from openttd.org
2) i extracted the "baseset_12-03-10.exe" in my [game folder]/data/ directory.
3) i extracted the "Aditionals_12-2-2010.7z" in my [game folder]/data/ directory.

Now i have 44 .tar files, 1 .zip file (32bpp_extra-nightly-r28.zip), the original content (somie grf, data, obg, obs... files) and the two folders opengfx and opensfx.

When i start the game the grafic content is the same than before.

Btw... i cannot find a file called openttf.cfg. Is that the problem?
sweetdude
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sweetdude »

Btw... i cannot find a file called openttf.cfg. Is that the problem?
It probably is. You can find it in the mydocuments\ottd folder
BigBonsai
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BigBonsai »

Hello,

I just registered because I had a very good time with this game for a long time. Thanks a million to all of you who had a share in this!

Now I thought I play around with the Graphics a bit and am running into problems. I followed the instructions very closely. That means I have edited the openttd.cfg which contains these lines:

Code: Select all

[misc]
blitter = "32bpp-optimized"
sprite_cache_size = 64
Then I extracted opengfx and opensfx into my ./data/ folder. I also dropped all the .tar files from "Buildings-City-Artic.tar" to "Vehicles-Road-Trucks.tar" (that is 39 files) as well as the "32bpp_extra-nightly.tar" into the ./data/ folder.

Then I optimistically run OpenTTD and... no change. All I still did was to set the "32bppExtra...r28" in the NewGRF settings.

What am I doing wrong? Why isn't the 32bpp graphics showing?

I hope you will be able to help me...

Thanks in advance. :)

BiB

P.S.: I am running OpenTTD 1.0.3-RC1, if that makes a difference...
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

BigBonsai wrote: P.S.: I am running OpenTTD 1.0.3-RC1, if that makes a difference...
This is the official release?

You need a patched release, because the official release doesn't support extra zoom levels.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
BigBonsai
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BigBonsai »

maquinista wrote:
BigBonsai wrote: P.S.: I am running OpenTTD 1.0.3-RC1, if that makes a difference...

You need a patched release, because the official release doesn't support extra zoom levels.
Thanks for the answer.

It is a Bummer, though. Is there any description on how to patch a release so as to keep up with the current development of the main game? Or is it better to download one of the releases in this thread.

Also what I couldn't gather from this thread is whether there is a central location for such releases. How do I know when here is a new one?

BiB
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

BigBonsai wrote:
maquinista wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

It is a Bummer, though. Is there any description on how to patch a release so as to keep up with the current development of the main game? Or is it better to download one of the releases in this thread.

Also what I couldn't gather from this thread is whether there is a central location for such releases. How do I know when here is a new one?

BiB
You can download this file:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=870475#p870475
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
BigBonsai
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BigBonsai »

maquinista wrote:You can download this file:
Thanks.

I will try it. I think that ultimately, though, I will stick to replacing the base graphics with the 32bpp files from http://wiki.openttd.org/List_of_downloadable_32bpp_tars. Like this I don't always have to go through the forums to see whether anyone has released a new version. The Zoom capability should be supported "natively". Would make things much easier... ;)

Any chance of that happening anytime soon?

BiB
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

BigBonsai wrote:
maquinista wrote:You can download this file:
Thanks.

I will try it. I think that ultimately, though, I will stick to replacing the base graphics with the 32bpp files from http://wiki.openttd.org/List_of_downloadable_32bpp_tars. Like this I don't always have to go through the forums to see whether anyone has released a new version. The Zoom capability should be supported "natively". Would make things much easier... ;)

Any chance of that happening anytime soon?

BiB
This link doesn't has extra zoom level files. Also, most of their files are outdated.
VincentStarck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by VincentStarck »

Hi,
i try to download the full pack, but is corrupted.

You can give me another link?
Thanks!
BigBonsai
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BigBonsai »

maquinista wrote:This link doesn't has extra zoom level files. Also, most of their files are outdated.
Yes, I know. I will simply replace the base set.

You say that these files are outdated. I thought this is the official site. Where are the current ones then?

BiB
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

These TAR files should work.

We should release two pack files: A pack with all GPL TARs and another pack with other packs with other licenses.
Muzzly
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Muzzly »

I have one crash and several questions.

I tried to use fullpack_12-03-10, OpenTTD 32Bpp.r19024.Win64.rar, opengfx-0.2.4.zip and opensfx-0.2.3.zip files. After extracting them to a proper directories game does not start. It just crashes before main bar appears. Does anybody has a clue ?

Now several questions:
32Bpp Graphics Base Set:
available in two versions this time, in one tar self extractable Tar file (baseset.exe) or a pack of all the TAR files (fullpack.zip), both have the same content.
I is not true, they do not have the same content !!!.
fullpack.zip has 32bpp_extra-nightly-r28 and some other grf files included !

Install process
extract the base set to your [game folder]\data\
I am a bit confused, I have understood that I can take EITHER fullpack.zip OR baseset.exe. If it is true , could YOU (author 32Bpp-Pack) change the Install instruction and explain what should people do in case they choose fullpack.zip and not baseset.exe. There is not a word about it in instruction. It confuses a bit :-)

What for are 32bpp_extra.grf,gresley_a4.grf and jubilee.grf files?
If fullpack.zip they are included in baseset.exe not.
Do I have to load them in my GRF preset list ?

Concerning wiki page http://wiki.openttd.org/32bpp_Extra_Zoom_Levels
32bpp graphic files - you can either choose to download specific TAR files from the List or you can download one of the Packs.
Can some one confirm , than fullpack.zip or baseset.exe DO contain all tar file listed on wiki page.

Well, I asume that fullpack has "ECS Printing works" included, but because it is crashing on my PC, I used basepack and was willing to see a nice "ECS Printing works". After adding ECS-wood vectors (beta5 25-nov-2009) to GRF list the was still an old 8bpp image. After extracting Printing_Works_ECS.tar to <game>\date\ I still see and old image.
Could someone help me to make ECS Printing works visible.

Thanks
CheesePlant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CheesePlant »

This looks excellent so far, keep up the great work. I downloaded the files etc and I only see cinemas and the side of raised land in the higher resolution, am I missing something? also the top menu bar location has changed from the middle to the top left?
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (255.84 KiB) Viewed 4510 times
The cruelest dream is reality.
BeanTheForce
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BeanTheForce »

Hello everyone! These graphics look absolutely fantastic! I cannot stop drooling as we speak. I can't get it to work however.. the installation instructions are very, very confusing.

What I did:

- I run Windows
- I installed OpenTTD, from http://www.openttd.org/en
- I then downloaded:

1) OpenTTD 32Bpp.r19024.Win32.rar (gamepack?)
2) fullpack_12-03-10.zip (graphics pack?)

- Extracted 1) into the OpenTTD folder, overwriting the original exe, and other stuff.
- Extracted 2) into the OpenTTD/Data folder.

Now when I run it, I get the error "Failed to select requested music set 'OpenMSX'".

What do I do wrong? Please help me, because I've spent 2-3 hours reading the forum and being swept between this topic and the Wiki, which are both incredibly frustrating and unclear to a noob like me. :roll:
Humppa! All the people demand Humppa!
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

BeanTheForce wrote:Hello everyone! These graphics look absolutely fantastic! I cannot stop drooling as we speak. I can't get it to work however.. the installation instructions are very, very confusing.

What I did:

- I run Windows
- I installed OpenTTD, from http://www.openttd.org/en
- I then downloaded:

1) OpenTTD 32Bpp.r19024.Win32.rar (gamepack?)
2) fullpack_12-03-10.zip (graphics pack?)

- Extracted 1) into the OpenTTD folder, overwriting the original exe, and other stuff.
- Extracted 2) into the OpenTTD/Data folder.

Now when I run it, I get the error "Failed to select requested music set 'OpenMSX'".

What do I do wrong? Please help me, because I've spent 2-3 hours reading the forum and being swept between this topic and the Wiki, which are both incredibly frustrating and unclear to a noob like me. :roll:
The original OpenTTD doesn't work with extra zoom levels.

You must use a patched version:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=895561#p895561
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

But that isn't what he's asking.
What it seems to be is that your openttd.cfg is specifying OpenMSX as the base music set, except OpenMSX is not available. Your copy of OpenMSX needs to be in the same data (or content_download/data) folder as the openttd.cfg that the game is trying to use.
BeanTheForce
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BeanTheForce »

I got it working!

When I patched it with OpenTTD 32Bpp.r19024.Win32.rar, it failed, but when I patched it with OpenTTD-32bpp-r19546-win32.rar, it finally worked!

I happened to find this file by accident somewhere on the forums..
Humppa! All the people demand Humppa!

Return to “Graphics Development”