TARS Industries Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TARS - Total Alpine Replacement Set

Post by SwissFan91 »

Ski lifts [Mock Up 1]

Not too sure how they will be implemented yet. Primarily as just newobjects, so eyecandy, but possibly as a method of transportation if/when roadtypes is introduced. Three main types; Chair-lift LINK, Gondola LINK and Cable Car LINK. See attached mock-up.

Pedestrianised roads [Mock Up 2]

These will probably have to wait until roadtypes is introduced, although it could be used as a newobject in the mean time. Basically, I think pedestrianised zones definitely have a place in OTTD, especially as a road set. The depot could be disguised as a house, and the vehicles could be pedestrians (perhaps even split into couples, cyclists, big groups etc), taxis LINK etc.
Attachments
Mock Up 1
Mock Up 1
potential 2.png (793.47 KiB) Viewed 5415 times
Mock Up 2
Mock Up 2
potential 3.png (941.04 KiB) Viewed 487 times
Last edited by SwissFan91 on 11 Apr 2011 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Reserved.
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

SwissFan91 wrote:Ski lifts [Mock Up 1]

Not too sure how they will be implemented yet. .....
Perhaps they could be coded as a replacement for trams (for now). New road types may take a while, that way we can at least see 'vehicles' moving along them. I recon it would be a good idea to make it so ski lift vehicles cannot break down and have instant acceleration and loading speed. It would be nice if certain types slowed down in stations but I'm not sure if that's possible, yet.....
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Indeed, I have no idea about the realms of coding at the moment. Trams is definitely a possibility. Only a coder would be able to answer the questions regarding this.
First ZERO
Engineer
Engineer

Post by First ZERO »

hey

really like the project.
not sure about pedestrianised road style (maybe some grey coblestone will fit better and also a narrower street with some lights etc)

maybe something more like this (not exactly on scale and not so TTD-ish-style but fast drawn)
Bleedin' 4 haRdeRstYleZ
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

Ski-Lift sprites from RCT right? I like :) I have always had a thing for Cable Cars since I played Midwinter on the Atari ST. They would be an extremely useful addition for an alpine environment, since with all those mountains and other form of transport is going to find it tough going. That's the purpose they were built for anyway :)
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Thanks for the graphic attempt firstZero. I am surprised that pedestrianised roads haven't been thought of before. I think it would add an interesting element to inner-city transportation and road planning.

And yes SquireJames, ripped from RCT. I think if nothing else, cable cars are the thing I'm most passionate about getting implemented into the game, even if it is just as a newobject.
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

These look great, how about a cargo one i.e. mining?
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

What's about the florist shop?
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I have had some very brief discussions with George, and we have discussed the possibility of an ECS add-on. As you may or may not know, ECS (and FIRS for that matter) use all of their allotted cargo slots, so this set will need to leave out some of the original ECS cargos in order to add some new ones in. A guide to these can be found here.

For this add-on, I am proposing to remove the Chemical Vector (so remove Oil Wells, Rigs, Refinery's, Chemical and plastic plants), which would free up five cargo slots:

Oil (ID 03)
Dyes (ID 14)
Refined products (ID 17)
Petrol (ID 19)
Potash (ID 10)

If anyone has any suggestions, I am welcome to them. In my opinion, these chemical industries are least suited to Alpine landscapes, instead of removing the Wood, Agricultural, Machinery, Basic and Town sets. Therefore, I propose the follow new industries and cargoes:

Existing cargoes
New cargoes
Vector

Ski resort (Town vector; Accepts: Tourists; Produces: Tourists)
Sits high in the mountains. Built similarly to the other tourist centres, but with more probability. Tourists levels fall but do not cease during summer months, due to hikers etc.

Meadow (Agricultural vector; Accepts: Livestock; Produces: Flowers)
Sits on the mountain sides. A mixture between forests and animal farms. Accept livestock for grazing, and produce flowers only in the summer months.

Florist (Alpine vector; Accepts: Flowers; Produces: N/A)
Built in towns, similar to current car shops, post offices etc. Accept flowers from meadows.

Chocolate factory (Alpine vector; Accepts: Milk, Tourists; Produces: Chocolate)
Built in towns. Accepts milk from the modified Animal Farms (see below), and also accepts tourists.

Animal farm (Agricultural vector; Accepts: Fish, Cereals, Fibre Crops; Produces: , Livestock, Milk)
This is already in ECS, but I would modify it to produce milk too. Wool is removed as an industry cannot produce 3 cargoes.

Ski rental shop (Alpine vector; Accepts: Skis; Produces: N/A)
Built in towns, similar to current car shops, post offices etc. Not exactly sure how this one works, possible bring back Plastic Plant from ECS 1.2, and allow them to produces Skis.

This is just a brainstorm, so please contribute :)
Last edited by SwissFan91 on 06 Sep 2011 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

FIRS doesn't use all cargo slots. One is left open to allow NARS regearing. Also if you want to make this compatible with FIRS, I recommend not removing oil as that has rather big consequences. For that you can better wait for FIRS' "economies" feature that gives you subsets of industries and cargos, leaving room for addons.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Well, here it is. I have finally drawn something!

First, the disclaimers. a) It is terrible. b) I know that. c) It is literally the first thing I have ever drawn for TTD

It is a very first attempt at a barn for the meadow. Inspiration is here. I haven't the time right now to shade it all in and do more detail, so I'll just leave it as a shell for now. I just need tips on the shape, because the roof isn't steep enough.

[EDIT] Hopefully this is marginally better. I kind of wanted grass inside, so I figured if it is blank then it takes the ground underneath it?

[EDIT2] Made the roof overhanging.
Attachments
barn attempt.png
barn attempt.png (1.28 KiB) Viewed 4839 times
Last edited by SwissFan91 on 07 Sep 2011 23:49, edited 2 times in total.
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

where is chocolate goingt to?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

I wonder a bit... would it make sense to somewhat join forces between this newgrf (collection) and the Bodensee set?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

planetmaker wrote:I wonder a bit... would it make sense to somewhat join forces between this newgrf (collection) and the Bodensee set?
what is "Bodensee set"?
Image Image Image Image
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

George wrote:
planetmaker wrote:I wonder a bit... would it make sense to somewhat join forces between this newgrf (collection) and the Bodensee set?
what is "Bodensee set"?
It is a set in progress over at the German forums.
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

...by me and Dwight_k._Schrute /officercrockey .
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I'm in the process of drawing up a diagram showing the flows of cargos around the proposed industries.

Here is my design idea for the Ski Resort. Sorry for the large picture. I was thinking of possibly drawing some cable car pylons and wires as NewObjects, which could then join onto the industry. Thoughts?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

SwissFan91 wrote:Here is my design idea for the Ski Resort. Sorry for the large picture. I was thinking of possibly drawing some cable car pylons and wires as NewObjects, which could then join onto the industry. Thoughts?
NewObjects can't be joined with industries.
Image Image Image Image
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I think he means using objects to build the skilift yourself, starting somewhere from the industry. Not having industries and objects being built automatically.

I think having the lift itself as objects will be fine. Then one can build that in the scenario editor or ingame as eyecandy. Would certainly look great animated!

Return to “Graphics Development”