[OTTD] 2cc TrainSet - The Trains of the world in 2cc

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

What kind of flag should futuristic trains have

UN Flag
46%
Olympic flag
7%
Have a suggested country
15%
No Flag
31%
Other, i've made a post about this
1%

Total votes: 249

Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]2cc TrainSetThe Trains of the world in2cc.Now:2.0Beta2

Post by Chris »

Well supposedly it is easier for the teachers to teach the Imtric system than the full blown Imperial system, and we can't use metric, because that would be too logical, and so un-British.
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

You lack only some distance systems like "days of walk", "days of ride"... :lol: Well, every country/region has its own specialty. That's the multicultural wonder of the world. :)
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Haiya-Dragon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Haiya-Dragon »

I found another alignment problem, this time with the TGV Duplex.
The problem manifests itself when the train travels 'north-west' and has a mail-refitted MU unit directly behind the power unit.

ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

Haiya-Dragon wrote:I found another alignment problem, this time with the TGV Duplex.
The problem manifests itself when the train travels 'north-west' and has a mail-refitted MU unit directly behind the power unit.

cant see it in that jpg:( try upping a png?
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

the engine of the train on the right hand side
Check out some of my work
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]2cc TrainSetThe Trains of the world in2cc.Now:2.0Beta1

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Leanden wrote:
DJ Nekkid wrote:I miss the eurostar myself :) But it needs to be drawn or optionally recolored from for example BROS or UKRS. If there is a 2cc'ed taurus out there (along with specs) feel free to point at one, as purno have a ... ehm break ... on his artist carear :)
Feel free to recolour my Eurostar in BROS into 2cc :)
Are you up for the task?
Member of the
ImageImage
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

DJ Nekkid wrote:
Leanden wrote:
DJ Nekkid wrote:I miss the eurostar myself :) But it needs to be drawn or optionally recolored from for example BROS or UKRS. If there is a 2cc'ed taurus out there (along with specs) feel free to point at one, as purno have a ... ehm break ... on his artist carear :)
Feel free to recolour my Eurostar in BROS into 2cc :)
Are you up for the task?
I could do it, but i'm not sure which are the magic blue and green colours :P
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

I rarely use MUs for mail but now that Haiya-Dragon mentioned it... I've checked them all.

Same alignment problem occurs on TGV Duplex, ICE3 and SM4 when towing mail wagons and going North-West. It doesn't matter where is the mail wagon within the train lenght - the glitch always occurs in front of the first mail wagon, looking from the head engine of course.
I assume it has something to do with mail refit graphics... Boh. :?
Leon

Image Image Image Image
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Leanden wrote: I could do it, but i'm not sure which are the magic blue and green colours :P
See the TTDPatch wiki: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... oordinates
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Leanden wrote:
DJ Nekkid wrote:
Are you up for the task?
I could do it, but i'm not sure which are the magic blue and green colours :P
Please note that the 2cc set uses a tad different color composition than most other dual-company color sets. Originally, TTO/TTD combines company colors with yellow, which most sets seem to continue to do. In the 2ccSet I made the choice to combine company colors *only* with 'neutral' colors like white, grey, black and sometimes browns (for rosters, undercarriages, and other non-painted elements), which would mean that any real-life yellow color would be replaced by any of the two company colors. :P

Or at least, that's how I designed my art. I'm not sure if all the contributions from others follow the same concept. I haven't followed progress very closely for a while :))
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
dan123
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dan123 »

Hello, I was messing around with 2cctrainset nightly 557.

Results are as follows:
1. First generation flatbed nfo file is messed up (has definitions from 3rd gen), corrected version of file "/sprites/nfo/wagons/short1_flatbed.pnfo" (and I suppose also the same file in "/sprites/nfo/wagons/bleh" folder, but I don't understand why that folder is even there) is in first attachment.

2. The wagon weights problem: I changed them in "/sprites/nfo/action0wag.pnfo" and it just worked, no problems with accelerating or anything else (a few hours of testing, openttd 1.0.1). I'm attaching mentioned file and updated a0.txt. Numbers are just my wild guess, because I couldn't find ones intended by 2cctrainset creators anywhere.

I'm also attaching a ready grf for anybody who is willing to test my fixes.

On side note, I'd like short and long wagons to be more balanced. As of now changing from 2nd to 3rd gen gives in fact less capacity per train length. That's beyond my logic as there should be less space wasted on joints between wagons and more used for carrying cargo.

//update
I've found excel file with correct weights and made new version of patch
Attachments
patch.diff
diff file with fixes (thx Ammler)
(54.42 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
2cctrainset.grf
complied grf for anybody who'd like to test it
(815.46 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

found and fixed the TGV duplex and SM4 bug but i cant seem to see any bugs on the ICE3 ?
Member of the
ImageImage
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Ops, my mistake. I thought it was a glitch - it was an electric pole on track!!! :oops: Sorry.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
FleX27
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FleX27 »

People, I'm in trouble.

That is, although I've been playing this game for quite a while now (I actually started with the original TT back in 1994) and are absolutely amazed and thankful for OpenTTD and this vivid community over here. But now - I tried the 2cc train set. And it put me in one of those situations where you are dazzled by all the oppotunities you suddenly got but at the same time are not able to make a lot of use of them because you are to stupid for using this piece of technology properly.

First Problem: The passenger coaches. Before I got to the 2cc I played a lot using the DBSetXL (for I'm a good German ;)) and had there two types of passenger coaches: intercity and regional ones. But now in 2cc, there are 18 different ones (seriously, I counted them) offered to me (some of them, as it is with the engines as well, apparently not from the 2cc, for the flag and the engine symbol are missing). Anyway, I just can't figure out what coach to use with what engine to compile a good bet for my purpose. And on which rails to use it.

There we go onto the second problem: I use the 2cc (as I probably am supposed to) together with the grfs metro track set and nuTracks. So, in addition to this bunch of stuff in the train department, I have a hell of a lot to figure out with the rails. Meaning, that some engines an MUs just do not want to run on all rails (meaning the "regular", non-metro ones, that difference I got figured out). It would be great if you people could help me with that. In addition, allow me two questions: First, why is this nice sleeky word "metro" so complified replacing it with "3rd Rail"? And, second, what the hell is this "Track planning" rail-type good for? In connection with that you might be able to explain to me the existence of the "3rd Rail w/cantenary track enabler" and the "planning track enabler" (which are seemingly completely useless).

Well, I think if someone of you could clear these issues, that would multiply my fun with this set. And you don't have to write novels here, if somewhere there is a thread or a manual for the 2cc, maybe you can just kindly point my then obviously blind eyes on it. That'd be great.

And furthermore, this is a great piece of software, really a good job, guys.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

FleX27 wrote: First Problem: The passenger coaches.

There we go onto the second problem: I use the 2cc (as I probably am supposed to) together with the grfs metro track set and nuTracks. 3rd Rail"? And, second, what the hell is this "Track planning" rail-type good for? In connection with that you might be able to explain to me the existence of the "3rd Rail w/cantenary track enabler" and the "planning track enabler" (which are seemingly completely useless).
2cctrainset comes afaik with 5 passenger coaches and one MU coach. The passenger coaches are named 1st ... 5th generation quite naturally and you'll be offered them as time progresses, giving you higher speed and capacity.

All the rest concerns nutracks:
3rd rail / metro is the same; often metro tracks come with a 3rd rail which powers the metro trains. Thus 3rd rail.

Planning tracks cost nothing. They're for planning but not yet building. Maybe you miss the money to build highspeed for 30k / piece right now but want to plan while money comes in?

The track enabler engines are there as a hack so that those track types are actually made available. If there's no engine using it as primary track type, you wouldn't be able to build it. It needs improved cross-talk between train set and track set in order to remove them. it's being worked upon.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

FleX27 wrote: I use the 2cc (as I probably am supposed to) together with the grfs metro track set and nuTracks.
Metro Track Set is obsolete if using NuTracks.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
McArcher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by McArcher »

2cc Trainset v2.0 2.0-Beta2

I have found a problem with NER EF1 train when playing in 1920s. The train is rendered strangely in the game: I mean the first wagon after the loco is drawn as the loco was shorter (maybe some length parameter is set to wrong value in the model, I don't know how it works). Screenshot attached.
Attachments
Bug with loco length in 2cc Trainset v2.0 2.0-Beta2
Bug with loco length in 2cc Trainset v2.0 2.0-Beta2
FleX27
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FleX27 »

Thanks for the help! I was using another train set at the time, so thats what the trouble came from.

However, I still noticed some problems of graphical nature in connection with NuTracks (btw also thx for the hint with the non-neccessary metro track set. I used only the metro set before and it just gave me something pink very ugly when I built it, so I tried them both afterwards). First, whenever a train runs on these nicely designed very high speed rails, the tracks graphically turn back into the old regular rails (and change back to the new ones when it passed). And second, when building bridges or tunnels, the rails always appear old-fashioned (using the default bridges as well as the ones from the Total Bridge Renewal Set).

So, you probably noticed these problems already, but I figured it might help you debugging and developing.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

FleX27 wrote: However, I still noticed some problems of graphical nature in connection with NuTracks (btw also thx for the hint with the non-neccessary metro track set. I used only the metro set before and it just gave me something pink very ugly when I built it, so I tried them both afterwards). First, whenever a train runs on these nicely designed very high speed rails, the tracks graphically turn back into the old regular rails (and change back to the new ones when it passed). And second, when building bridges or tunnels, the rails always appear old-fashioned (using the default bridges as well as the ones from the Total Bridge Renewal Set).
The NuTracks GRF is still under development. It takes time but these guys are already doing a great job. See the NuTracks thread... :wink:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47347
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

More alignment issues... Ner EF1 (as reported by MacArcher), Class 11B 0-8-2, 140C and 141TA... see picture.

This problem occurs both in depots and on track.
Attachments
Voyager Lines, 06-06-2029.png
Leon

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”