FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

squallzinn
Engineer
Engineer

Re: FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Development & Translatio

Post by squallzinn »

As I said, the only thing in pt-PT is the lastest updates like coffee. So the file is neither pt-PT nor pt_BR, it is mixed. I have created a full pt-BR file.
Attachments
portuguese.lng
pt-BR translation
(30.59 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

squallzinn wrote:As I said, the only thing in pt-PT is the lastest updates like coffee. So the file is neither pt-PT nor pt_BR, it is mixed. I have created a full pt-BR file.
FIRS now uses the NewGRF web translator at http://translator.openttdcoop.org.
I committed your translation to FIRS manually. But please register there and use it in order to make future changes to FIRS translations.
squallzinn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by squallzinn »

"Access Denied"???
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

You have to become a translator first, see the first post in the eints thread for more information (the tt-forum link I posted yesterday or so).
Simons Mith
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Simons Mith »

Can you only have one variation for the industry-based station names? I'd be glad to provide a load more suggestions, if it were actually possible to plumb them in.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

the current framework allows only one name per industry type.
LSky
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LSky »

Since 1.2.0, Hotels are supposed to be able to be funded through prospecting only (when enabled in advanced settings), yet in 1.3.0 they're just able to be built everywhere even when prospecting is enabled in the advanced settings. Is there a setting that I have set incorrectly, or maybe some other error on my part?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

LSky wrote:Since 1.2.0, Hotels are supposed to be able to be funded through prospecting only (when enabled in advanced settings), yet in 1.3.0 they're just able to be built everywhere even when prospecting is enabled in the advanced settings. Is there a setting that I have set incorrectly, or maybe some other error on my part?
OpenTTD itself has a setting which allows to switch between 'not at all', 'prospecting' and 'wherever you want (and the NewGRF allows)'
LSky
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LSky »

planetmaker wrote:
LSky wrote:Since 1.2.0, Hotels are supposed to be able to be funded through prospecting only (when enabled in advanced settings), yet in 1.3.0 they're just able to be built everywhere even when prospecting is enabled in the advanced settings. Is there a setting that I have set incorrectly, or maybe some other error on my part?
OpenTTD itself has a setting which allows to switch between 'not at all', 'prospecting' and 'wherever you want (and the NewGRF allows)'
I literally mentioned this. My understanding is that it's supposed to be set to prospecting if I want to allow primary industries to be funded only through prospecting. In the 1.2.0 changelog, it is mentioned that hotel funding is now only available through prospecting (if it's set to prospecting) but in 1.3.0 this change appears to be reverted.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Ok, so this is a good report. In 1.2.0 hotel behaviour was changed to prospecting. This was done by changing the industry type to 'primary'.

This change had an unintended consequence that hotels would close sometimes, which was reported multiple times as a bug. I 'fixed' that in 1.3.0 by changing the industry type back to 'black hole', which can't be prospected for. :twisted:

There is a better fix for this, but I can't do it right now. :wink:
Simons Mith
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Simons Mith »

Agh, the auto-station naming is not being helpful.

I've just set up an out-and-back bus route that visits Grimfield Old Townhall, Grimfield Old Townhall, Fort Sastable Central, Presdstow Old Townhall, Presdstow Old Townhall, Presdstow Old Townhall, Fort Sastable Central, and then Grimfield Old Townhall. Spot the difference! As this is late in the game and there's Shops and Petrol Stations and Hardware Stores in almost every town, the namer is interfering everywhere. Please can this feature be turned off? (Edit: or expanded, or set so that it only triggers 5% of the time. 'Off' would be the easiest short term fix, and I've already volunteered to offer more naming suggestions once they can actually be used.)

(Ps, while we have James Watt St., wouldn't Chris Sawyer Street be more fitting? :-)
Simons Mith
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Simons Mith »

By the way, is anyone else noticing that load and loads of fishing sites are forming and then later developing really poor ratings? fonsinchen on the bug tracker has just asked 'How did you manage to get a 15% cargo rating at so many fishing grounds all around the map?' Answer is I've no idea, as I haven't shipped a fish in this game yet.
https://bugs.openttd.org/task/5874

Update: Probable explanation: If you turn on delivery to all stations 'even if there's no demand', that may 'wake up' all your fishing grounds. I turned the setting on then off in this game, which explains why some grounds have poor ratings while those that spawned after I turned it off again are unaffected.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Simons Mith wrote:Agh, the auto-station naming is not being helpful.
(...)Grimfield Old Townhall, Grimfield Old Townhall, Fort Sastable Central, Presdstow Old Townhall(...)
You might find that behaviour different with nightly OpenTTD versions.
Simons Mith wrote:By the way, is anyone else noticing that load and loads of fishing sites are forming and then later developing really poor ratings? fonsinchen on the bug tracker has just asked 'How did you manage to get a 15% cargo rating at so many fishing grounds all around the map?' Answer is I've no idea, as I haven't shipped a fish in this game yet.
https://bugs.openttd.org/task/5874

Update: Probable explanation: If you turn on delivery to all stations 'even if there's no demand', that may 'wake up' all your fishing grounds. I turned the setting on then off in this game, which explains why some grounds have poor ratings while those that spawned after I turned it off again are unaffected.
That sounds with that update like intended behaviour then, no?
Simons Mith
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Simons Mith »

@planetmaker, the game was doing what it was asked, yes, but it has undesirable consequences if you use cargodist for the 'other' cargo types category in FIRS. (The four options being 'Passengers', 'Mail', 'ARMOURED' and 'other'.)

First, you get lots of fishing grounds which start churning out cargo and then develop poor ratings because it's not collected. Second, you get lots of one-tile 'routes', which clogs up cargodist's routing algorithm, and means routes you probably do care about won't get updated in a timely fashion. The interaction of those two issues is a pain in the neck.

A fix for the cargodist glitch has already been done (in the last few hours), but even so TIL to avoid using 'Deliver cargo to a station only if there is a demand'=OFF at the same time as 'Distribution mode for other cargo classes'=asymmetric.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

From my experience, FIRS is incompatible suboptimal with cargodist for cargos other than Pax and Mail.

The current recommended fixes are:
- turn off cargodist for cargos other than Pax and Mail
- don't use FIRS
Last edited by andythenorth on 25 Jan 2014 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

while it may or may not cause a suboptimal gameplay experience to combine cargodist with FIRS, there is nothing that should be "incompatible" per se...
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

Its been a long time i last played openttd with FIRS, and now i noticed on a sand pit, it has a line saying "Sand left: ....tonnes"
Does this mean it can run out over time ? i cant remember ever seeing this before.
If its so that it now could run out, is there a way to disable this? i didnt see a parameter for it though?
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Dante123 wrote:Its been a long time i last played openttd with FIRS, and now i noticed on a sand pit, it has a line saying "Sand left: ....tonnes"
This does not exist in FIRS. ;)

It may be helpful for you to screenshot your newgrf list and post it here. That will very likely explain the issue...in fact I would bet money on it.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Sounds like Pikka's industries... :? Then again, I might be wrong...
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield

Return to “Graphics Development”