[OTTD] WAS - World Airliners Set - v0.1 (24/09/12)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] The World Airliners Set - Alpha 2 Release (06/08/

Post by Beardie »

There are no A300-600R liveries yet :)

Also happy 4th WAS Birthday Today!
Previously Known As Beardie27
Check out my UPDATED! Screenshot Thread
Check out my Railway Photography and Deviant Account

SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

Thanks so much.....

Soon added CASA/IPTN CN235, IPTN NC-212 to Working Graphic, enjoy!
SniperDJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SniperDJ »

i would like to make a remark obout this set:

in some liveries with the nearly the whole plane covered by logo's [e.g. the KLM livery in the 747-400] it looks like the whole plane is flat, while with the (standard) company livery it looks nice and rounded. to make a plane look round there must be a certain shade in it and that misses in the real-life company liveries.

with above fixed it would look way better, however i do realize this a lot of work.
ImageImageTake a look at my Australia Scenario (work in progress)Image Proud citizen of The Netherlands
recently aquired the FCE
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

SniperDJ wrote:i would like to make a remark obout this set:

in some liveries with the nearly the whole plane covered by logo's [e.g. the KLM livery in the 747-400] it looks like the whole plane is flat, while with the (standard) company livery it looks nice and rounded. to make a plane look round there must be a certain shade in it and that misses in the real-life company liveries.

with above fixed it would look way better, however i do realize this a lot of work.
I also see that, even i noticed some of the livery refit have different length in graphics. Try to refit the A380 to all available livery and notice that some liveries get longer bodies than the other. (well, but if this is intended, thats OK.)

Just a suggestion to Beardie, you should start to provide some empty graphics - yes, I mean empty plane graphics for each vehicle, with proper shades, and provide the links to these graphics at the first post to ease access. This will help people to get the same shape, and make the graphics looks uniformly styled. Just a suggestion to you, seeing that many people want to contribute to the set. (And eventually making the set evolving faster :wink: )

EDIT : and this will ease you too Beardie, as you don't need to make all liveries :) Just some empty plane "templates", and coding :o
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Just some empty plane "templates"
Those already exist for most planes at the WAS-forums (see first post for link)
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
TTDFanDNUA
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTDFanDNUA »

Hi, with r839 there is some small bug:

1. For 737-300 in KLM livery there is green tail, rather than white.
2. For 737-400 in KLM livery there is some line near fuselage.

I attach screenshot.
Attachments
B733.jpg
(678.68 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
B7341.jpg
(676.36 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
B7342.jpg
(677.42 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Beardie »

Hi,

I first like to let people know that the errors on the KLM planes as stated above has been fixed :)

Secondly I would also like to say yes we do know about some liveries being of not so great quality with the KLMs being one of them as they look very flat. This will get fixed eventually at the moment we are mainly focusing on correcting running costs, purchase cost and speeds.

Also i can assure you the A380-800 does not change in length!! Lol, this is impossible since the all the graphics are the same as taken from the standard template, what some has done on the Air France A380-800 is copy the sprites from one side of the template flipped them and pasted causing the shading to be wrong in one direction and hence when you change to it its a optical illusion of it getting bigger, when in fact its getting brighter, this needs fixing and will be looked into!

Finally all the speeds, running costs and purchase costs displayed in the purchase list have been corrected, the problem bring though the running costs are not correct when actually used in game, this is being worked upon but it is a big step there having correct purchase list information.

Everyday this set comes closer and closer to becoming better!

You can find all these changes in Revision r844 or newer ;)

Edit: A380-800

I do find the A380-800 as the pride and joy of the set as I love that plane, first flight on my birthday of 2005, and its just awesome! The repaints we have are of top quality with the manufactures colour scheme to be amazing. So i have just fixed the A380-800 Air France so now it does not look like its longer than it should be due the light, fix can be found in r845. I can not have the A380-800 lacking in quality!! Hopefully we can get a British Airways one in at some point ;). Many Thanks.!

Edit 2: A380-800

Well I got bored and though i would start the British Airways A380-800, not officially real until next year, but thought might as well.
Sneak.png
Sneak.png (2.63 KiB) Viewed 2950 times

SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

Beardie wrote:Hi,

I first like to let people know that the errors on the KLM planes as stated above has been fixed :)

Secondly I would also like to say yes we do know about some liveries being of not so great quality with the KLMs being one of them as they look very flat. This will get fixed eventually at the moment we are mainly focusing on correcting running costs, purchase cost and speeds.

Also i can assure you the A380-800 does not change in length!! Lol, this is impossible since the all the graphics are the same as taken from the standard template, what some has done on the Air France A380-800 is copy the sprites from one side of the template flipped them and pasted causing the shading to be wrong in one direction and hence when you change to it its a optical illusion of it getting bigger, when in fact its getting brighter, this needs fixing and will be looked into!

Finally all the speeds, running costs and purchase costs displayed in the purchase list have been corrected, the problem bring though the running costs are not correct when actually used in game, this is being worked upon but it is a big step there having correct purchase list information.

Everyday this set comes closer and closer to becoming better!

You can find all these changes in Revision r844 or newer ;)

Edit: A380-800

I do find the A380-800 as the pride and joy of the set as I love that plane, first flight on my birthday of 2005, and its just awesome! The repaints we have are of top quality with the manufactures colour scheme to be amazing. So i have just fixed the A380-800 Air France so now it does not look like its longer than it should be due the light, fix can be found in r845. I can not have the A380-800 lacking in quality!! Hopefully we can get a British Airways one in at some point ;). Many Thanks.!

Edit 2: A380-800

Well I got bored and though i would start the British Airways A380-800, not officially real until next year, but thought might as well.
The attachment Sneak.png is no longer available
And see.... this Image
SPEEDBIRD_A380.gif
SPEEDBIRD_A380.gif (80.53 KiB) Viewed 2940 times
British Airways A380
Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Beardie »

I Now present to you the A380-800 British Airways Union Flag Expected to Real By The End of Next Year I Hope.

I will code and add to the latest revision when i can and let people know.
0greys10.png
0greys10.png (53.25 KiB) Viewed 2879 times

SniperDJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SniperDJ »

i would like to report a sprite error, i apologize if it has already been reported.

pic. it is self-explaining (it is the fed-ex livery, if you do not recognize it)
Attachments
MD-11F Fed-Ex livery
MD-11F Fed-Ex livery
WAS error.png (77.44 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
Last edited by SniperDJ on 29 Aug 2012 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageTake a look at my Australia Scenario (work in progress)Image Proud citizen of The Netherlands
recently aquired the FCE
TTDFanDNUA
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTDFanDNUA »

In latest version BAe 146 have 128 seats. May be more resanable to leave number of seats to 100 because 182 sets related to Auro RJ115 that never entered production. Wikipedia say:

The Avro version of the 146-300, the second such development of the 146 product line, became the RJ100. It shared the fuselage of the 146 version, but with interior, engine and avionics improvements. The most common configuration in the RJ100 seats 100 passengers. An RJ115 variant, which was the same physical size but with an increased MTOW and different emergency exits was marketed but never entered production;[10][11] it sat 116 as standard or up to a maximum of 128 in a high-density layout.
Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Beardie »

SniperDJ wrote:i would like to report a sprite error, i apologize if it has already been reported.

pic. it is self-explaining (it is the fed-ex livery, if you do not recognize it)
This has now been fixed and is in the latest revision of the GRf if you want ot download it from the url in the picture for the first post.
TTDFanDNUA wrote:In latest version BAe 146 have 128 seats. May be more resanable to leave number of seats to 100 because 182 sets related to Auro RJ115 that never entered production. Wikipedia say:

The Avro version of the 146-300, the second such development of the 146 product line, became the RJ100. It shared the fuselage of the 146 version, but with interior, engine and avionics improvements. The most common configuration in the RJ100 seats 100 passengers. An RJ115 variant, which was the same physical size but with an increased MTOW and different emergency exits was marketed but never entered production;[10][11] it sat 116 as standard or up to a maximum of 128 in a high-density layout.
I will consult our plane experts on this and it may be change, don;t know yet! thanks.

Also the A380-800 British Airways has now been added to the latest revision of the GRF! (Revision r857 or later)
Along with a British Airways Negus Concorde and a 733F South African Cargo!

Enjoy!

Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Maximum Passengers of a standard BAe 146 that I can find is 112 Passengers.
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

A321Pilot wrote:Maximum Passengers of a standard BAe 146 that I can find is 112 Passengers.
Okay A321pilot, now BAe 146 Has 112 Passengers not 128 Passengers.
Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Beardie »

The BAe 146-300 has a max 128 passengers on high density, this is correct if you download the latest revision of the of the GRF from the picture in the first link of this thread.

SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

I would concur with Beardie on this one. Whilst this set is aiming for realism, it also needs some flexibility regarding the difference between what isn't possible, and what hasn't been done. For example, I am sure there isn't a real life example of an A320 being configured to carry just mail, but it's possible, and in game we might want to do that. If the BAe 146-300 *can* carry 128 people in high density seating configuration, then it should be an option, even if no real world airline has currently done it.

My opinion on the matter anyway :)
DrMilzbrand
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DrMilzbrand »

Hi there,

just by the way, is there a way to have different payload for several liveries or is there a fixed dipendency to the aircraft type? To have different configurations of A320 or Bae 146 based on the selected airline.

Regards
Regards.

DrMilzbrand

Worlds Airliners Set

(Statistics 04/2008 - mid 08/2008, more flights soon)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

In theory something like that is possible, but will lead to a cluttered refit window in case there are multiple possible capacities for the same airline/livery. Also, it's a lot of code to add, not sure if the developers of this would fancy that :P
DrMilzbrand
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DrMilzbrand »

Sounds great but almost impossible. May it is possible to have two phases of improvement?

At first with fixed numbers of Passengers for the different airlines, based on the real numbers. For example an Lufthansa's A320 has fixed 150 PAX and an Condor's A320 has fixed 174 PAX capacity.
The idea to have custom "seatmaps" (may to load more mail instead of passengers, longer range, reduced running cost or something like that) can be a great idea for the future. =)

Regards.
Regards.

DrMilzbrand

Worlds Airliners Set

(Statistics 04/2008 - mid 08/2008, more flights soon)
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

Hello, Here Working The New 777-300ER Garuda Indonesia for World Airliners Set to add Latest Revision, thanks
GarudaB77W.png
GarudaB77W.png (31.67 KiB) Viewed 2619 times

Return to “Graphics Development”