1. I think ZZZZ sprite should not include any extra pointer. It is just busy sprite. Now for yellow and black: Must have something more colorful I believe (don't know if mine in previous post is a good start or colors will differ completely from original).
They are drawn with in action colors, so you have to check them in game
2. Oops: You didn't anti-alias a couple of yellow arrows. Please do not forget them.
3. Dynamite looks a bit dark. I did a recolor.
Looks to pink IMO
4. X to Y arrow points to both letters. Not very clear solution to my opinion. What about replacing X and Y with A and B or 2 crosshairs or 2 points and keep them in original position?
How would you describe a point... with X and Y coordinate
6. Circle could be better if it merged with the rest, so I made a sprite with similar colors.
I highlighted it cause it'll catch the users eye better.
7. Finally I offer my suggestion. Arrow and part of arrow merged nicely similar to original but more elegant to my opinion.
Nice atempt. I'll check what I can do with it.
Personally, I prefer the cursors without a grey background thingy. Currently, it obstructs a lot of the view. Now that we have the chance, I'd say, get rid of it.
The problem with cursors without background in 8bpp is that they might get lost on the screen. Their borders might appear too hard too.
One can argue about the shape of the pointer itself. The one Zephyris drew might be a bit large, but I think that a circle is hard to spot in 'default' mode (i.e. without an image attached).
Did you read my post? I drew an alternative to the circle!