Little graphics :)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Little graphics :)

Post by LordAzamath »

Hey all. I haven't done much of 32bpp models recently...I dunno why. Anyway, in exhcange for that I can give you some 8bpp drawings..Don't know id they're useful or what...I just drew them, because I haven't got anything much else to do...Friends are away, no school etc.

Anyway I have already drawn three pictures. Feel free to guess what they might be (because i myself don't know ;) ) and comment them :)
These two are meant for 2x2 squares and the last one is 1x1
Attachments
uuspilt.png
uuspilt.png (5.58 KiB) Viewed 4608 times
pilt.png
pilt.png (2.84 KiB) Viewed 4607 times
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Leviath.NL
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Little graphics :)

Post by Leviath.NL »

Very nice, The first park looks a bit empy, you could add some lampposts, benches, people etc.
The trees in the second park look small if you compare them to, for instance, SAC's Stolen Trees.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

LordAzamath, great work! For the first draft, excellent! The building doesnt float my boat so much but the park and monument are good. I agree with Leviath though, they need some other action in them to make them perfect.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I like the first one. My only complain is about the tree. I 'd expect a monument up there. Unless it is a holy tree. (Hope you understand: Tree under which Buddha was meditating, apostle X was preaching...) Then it should be much bigger to fit with its age. Ooops: There is a dent on NW edge. Maybe my rabbit though it was food... :lol:

About the park with trees: Yes they are small, but it might be their kind, or they are just young or cut from the gardener. Only the shape and their solid volume puzzles me. I think their should be some pixels here and there of different color and some empty ones.

For the third building, I cannot guess its usage. Suppose it suits in TTD Mars. :mrgreen:

lordazamath: I didn't know you have such talent in 8bit graphics. Congratulations!
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.

Return to “Graphics Development”