Japanese Town Names

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

wleader
Engineer
Engineer

Japanese Town Names

Post by wleader »

I saw some people had made some Welsh Town Names, and Russian Town names. I've also been playing with some Japanese graphics files but it felt wrong to have themed openttd in a Japanese style and towns named in the English style, So I went ahead and tried to create a Japanese Town Name grf file. Working mostly from legoscia's welsh file ( http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=612521#p612521 ), I've made a Japanese one. There was one thing I couldn't figure out was how to remove the constant station of Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, but I could replace it. As a consequence you'll find that Tokyo always appears on the map somewhere.

This Graphics file allows the generation of Romanji (Japanese words spelled with the Latin Alphabet) style town names. The names are made by randomly combining Japanese sounding syllables, and are most likely going to be gibberish to anyone that actually knows any Japanese. Hopefully It won't generate any offensive words.

Enjoy.
Attachments
japanese-town-names.grf
Japanese Town Names v0.1: NewGRF file
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
japanese-town-names.nfo
Japanese Town Names v0.1: Source nfo file
(4.9 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Ammler
President
President

Re: Japanese Town Names

Post by Ammler »

Does it really work, the nfo seems a little bit buggy? I really would like it because of the awesome other Japan GRFs.

-Ammler
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Japanese Town Names

Post by DaleStan »

The lion food is probably a bad idea. I expect some programs explicitly look for the string that is usually found on that line.

Also, sprite 7 is rather horribly broken. The presence of <style-names> neither permits nor requires the absence of the <num-parts> or <parts> entities.

NFORenum may make your life easier.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Graphics Development”