[32bpp] br Class 158 super sprinter

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

mr_worf
Engineer
Engineer

[32bpp] br Class 158 super sprinter

Post by mr_worf »

Hi All,

Im going to start work on the BR class 158 super sprinter as shown as unclaimed in the wiki. So if u have done it already let me know.

:)
Quotomatic
"There are 10 types of people in this world.. Those who know binary and those who don't." - Anon
"Bleep Bleep" - Leonard Nemoy
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: br Class 158 super sprinter

Post by Ben_K »

Hi Mr.Worf

Im looking forward to seeing your work.

It would also be nice if you could add [32bpp] in the title too, as you need to differentiate between standard graphics and 32bpp (Especially as the BR Set probably has a 158 in 8bpp).
patter
Engineer
Engineer

Re: br Class 158 super sprinter

Post by patter »

There's a Super Sprinter in Pikka's UKRS
mr_worf
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [32bpp] br Class 158 super sprinter

Post by mr_worf »

Hi!

Ok thanks for the tip I will remember that for the future:-)

Im guessing that the UKRS version will not be 32bpp required by this project, so it should be ok to proceed without replicating work.
If there is an existing model suitable for the 32bpp model please can you let me know as soon as possible.

Im working on the undercarriage at the moment as these can be the basis for the undercarriage in many of the models I am planning on working on.

Cheers
Mr_worf
Quotomatic
"There are 10 types of people in this world.. Those who know binary and those who don't." - Anon
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

mr_worf wrote:Im guessing that the UKRS version will not be 32bpp required by this project, so it should be ok to proceed without replicating work.
If there is an existing model suitable for the 32bpp model please can you let me know as soon as possible.
Hi Worf,
As far as I am aware, the UKRS is not going to be 32bpp (although I *think* Pikka might design 3d graphics for Trainz :?..).
Also, you still need to be careful when you refer to 'this project'. OTTD will not be just 32bpp, it will be both 8bpp and 32bpp if you want it to be, so make sure that you specify that your work is towards '32bpp graphics' and refer to the '32bpp project'.
Thats not a moan, just to avoid any confusion between people. :)
mr_worf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr_worf »

Ok UKRS has nearly every train and wagon that is likely to be ported to 32bpp, he cant do it all surely?

on other things i have created a to scale rail track onto which wagons and locos can be built so they are of the correct scale, would tha tbe of any use to any one?
Quotomatic
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

mr_worf wrote:Ok UKRS has nearly every train and wagon that is likely to be ported to 32bpp, he cant do it all surely?
Im not quite sure if Im coming across corerctly. There are no UKRS 32bpp sprites. Ive not heard that Pikka intends to do them either, so Id assume that he isnt. I was just trying to make sure that you differentiate 32bpp graphic projects (Like yours) from 8bpp graphic projects (Like UKRS). Your first post just asked if a set had the class 158, which many 8bpp ones have inc. UKRS, hence you need to specify its 32bpp as Im guessing no-one has done that yet? :)
mr_worf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr_worf »

Im not quite sure if Im coming across corerctly. There are no UKRS 32bpp sprites. Ive not heard that Pikka intends to do them either, so Id assume that he isnt.
i assume that also :D

I was just trying to make sure that you differentiate 32bpp graphic projects (Like yours) from 8bpp graphic projects (Like UKRS).
Aye no worries, i understand :)

I hope to have something to show you all tonight... dont laugh though :oops:
Quotomatic
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just for the record, the BR Set, which is being developed SECRETLY (innit), will NOT be supporting 32bpp.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Dave Worley wrote:Just for the record, the BR Set, which is being developed SECRETLY (innit), will NOT be supporting 32bpp.
Well, it might if we get close enough to taking over the world... but for the moment we have enough issues with getting an 8bpp set finished ;)
Oh. Thats secret, innit? :lol:
Dave

Post by Dave »

;) Quite.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
mr_worf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr_worf »

Work goes well on the Super sprinter, the main shape and undercarriage is complete i just need to do some colouring in to make it look nice, and then ill upload a piccy. :-)
Quotomatic
mr_worf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr_worf »

Hi all,

I've done some renders of what I have been working on and it still needs some things doing to it, let me know what you think!

yes I know it doesnt have windows ;)
Quotomatic
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

That looks very impressive and instantly recognisable.
wade_man_uk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wade_man_uk »

You have no idea how long I have been waiting for a decent Class 158 to come out.
mr_worf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr_worf »

hey there,
Thanks for the comments here is an updated version its still not complete and im pretty new to this blender lark, but it is coming along nicely. :-)
Attachments
new updated 158
new updated 158
newvers158.jpg (27.42 KiB) Viewed 12138 times
Quotomatic
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

wade_man_uk wrote:You have no idea how long I have been waiting for a decent Class 158 to come out.
About 18yrs like the rest of us ;)
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
mr_worf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr_worf »

here is an update, we have windows now.. just not all of em.
Quotomatic
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Looks bleemin' good to me! :)
steelixb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by steelixb »

Looks.. okay. Getting there, although there is quite a bit that doesn't seem to scale. I guess it may be unnoticeable with OTTD's scale.

At the moment, it looks a bit too small for the rails, and there are parts such as the gangway flex bit being the wrong shape.

The sides are also the wrong shape. They don't slope all the way down to the bottom. There also doesn't seem to be enough space at the end of the coach for doors and the last window, but I guess that's just changing the texture a bit.

Sorry if I seemed to criticize this a bit, but I'd say I have a very good eye for detail, so I can see where things can be improved easily.

EDIT:

There is some more things that I could point out, but with careful studying of photos, you should be able to see where, as it's sort of hard to explain saying things like 'front bottom / side' if you get what I mean.
Well, what to put for my signature... hmm... ahh forget it!

Return to “Graphics Development”