Pikka's Basic Industries (PBI) - 1.5 6th of September 2008

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Packer
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Pikka's Basic Industries (PBI)

Post by Packer »

PikkaBird wrote:Bump.

I have implemented the limited resources idea suggested by wallyweb here. Mines and oilfields will now have randomly selected estimated resources, and will reduce production and close down when those resources are depleted.

(For those who are interested, the actual mechanism is that industries which have transported more than 80% of their estimated resources will always decrease production when they are processed by the random production changer).

The latest grfs (v1.2) can be downloaded here and here.
I can't get the download links to work. The ones on the fron page do, but not the latest ones.

The old version doesn't work well with the US set.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Give it a chance... It's probably suffering some downtime or something.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Yep, one of Owen's servers was down - grfcrawler wasn't working either. It's working now. However, the direct file links in the first post of this thread link to the same files as the pages on the Wiki; they're not an older version.

Can you be more specific about "doesn't work well", Packer?
Packer
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Packer »

The Industries work fine, but for some reason it prevents certain engines from being built in the US set; but it works fine with the Canadian set. (might be something with the US set though)

There was something I read about parameters fixing this,but IDK how to use them in TTD Patch
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Packer wrote:There was something I read about parameters fixing this,but IDK how to use them in TTD Patch
In your newgrf.cfg file you had the parameter after the newgrf line. Like this:

Code: Select all

newgrf/newgrfname.grf <parameter 1> <parameter 2> <etc.>
Packer
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Packer »

Ameecher wrote:
Packer wrote:There was something I read about parameters fixing this,but IDK how to use them in TTD Patch
In your newgrf.cfg file you had the parameter after the newgrf line. Like this:

Code: Select all

newgrf/newgrfname.grf <parameter 1> <parameter 2> <etc.>
I just tried that with PB's Viaduct, and no luck. (I was trying to get it to have NA roads)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

It's at this point I point you to this line of the Readme file of NA Roads.
Bridges Support :
The set only contains TTD 'original' bridges with NA road surfaces. New bridges support will be
provided by the North American Bridges Set, which is currently being developed.
I suggest you go and read the readme and all the Parameter options. ;)
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Packer, the USSet doesn't have all the newcargo acceptance coding the newer sets do. Certain cargos won't have a corresponding car to them at the moment. I'm sure newcargos is on the to-do list though.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Pikka's Viaduct should work with the US Set roads, or at least it worked with the old US Set roads. This may be the problem. I remember that I did a dodgy conversion with permission, but weather that's the one pika used I don't know or care. Surely a temporary solution can be found.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Toch
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Toch »

Is there some way to turn off "limited raw materials" ? Or can anybody send me Brick chain verzion 1.0 ? (contact via PM plz)
Because i can find only 1.2 version on web.
-----------------------Screenshots of my game-----------------------
Winner of 4th, 5th, 6th round of TT - Screenshot Competition
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Hey Pikka! Hey Pikka! I know you're a busy man but look over here a moment. :wink:
For the industries that stockpile raw materials, do you have a list of the size/capacities of the storage areas? It seems to me that in real life these would be known values or the company would be looking for a new engineering firm to design the facilities. OK! So what if you're the only engineering firm in the Pikka world of industrial design? Those values would prove invaluable in proper industry management. :D

Also, re Toch's question ... some players may be uncomfortable with this great new feature (whoever thought of it should be given a $1,000,000, preferably !US), so if its too difficult to have a parameter to turn it off, perhaps it might be a good idea to keep the old version available for download too.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

wallyweb wrote:Hey Pikka! Hey Pikka! I know you're a busy man but look over here a moment. :wink:
For the industries that stockpile raw materials, do you have a list of the size/capacities of the storage areas? It seems to me that in real life these would be known values or the company would be looking for a new engineering firm to design the facilities. OK! So what if you're the only engineering firm in the Pikka world of industrial design? Those values would prove invaluable in proper industry management. :D

Also, re Toch's question ... some players may be uncomfortable with this great new feature (whoever thought of it should be given a $1,000,000, preferably !US), so if its too difficult to have a parameter to turn it off, perhaps it might be a good idea to keep the old version available for download too.
1, They used to be on the UKRSI website, but they're not on the wiki yet. Perhaps if someone works them out they could add them to the wiki. :o

2, Possibly a parameter, I may also make it so that there are no limits with economy set to stable.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

PikkaBird wrote:1, They used to be on the UKRSI website, but they're not on the wiki yet. Perhaps if someone works them out they could add them to the wiki. :o
Good ol' George has already got me roped into working on his little home on the wiki, so I guess one more couldn't hurt too much and I could always take on another contract. PM the specs to me along with access to your wiki and I'll see what I can do. :P
PikkaBird wrote:2, Possibly a parameter, I may also make it so that there are no limits with economy set to stable.
I play with a stable economy and I enjoy the resource depletions. I vote for the parameter option if its doable. :)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

wallyweb wrote:PM the specs to me along with access to your wiki and I'll see what I can do. :P
Everyone has access, that's what makes it a wiki. :P http://users.tt-forums.net/pikka/wiki/i ... /Main_Page

I think the numbers here are still accurate - in fact, there's only a few so I'll have a go at adding them myself.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

yep ... those are what I was searching for. :D Let me know if you need anything done. My rates are low and my quality is lower ... erm .... :?
Toch
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Toch »

PikkaBird wrote: 1, They used to be on the UKRSI website.
Are you sure ? I cant find them, anywhere, if UKRSI web site is this
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Try this page. ;)
Toch
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Toch »

Ameecher: No it is not there. (iam looking for UKR brick chain version 1)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Toch wrote:Ameecher: No it is not there. (iam looking for UKR brick chain version 1)
I don't keep older versions of my grfs, so unless some random forum member has one, you'll either have to put up with the limits, or wait.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

PikkaBird wrote:
Toch wrote:Ameecher: No it is not there. (iam looking for UKR brick chain version 1)
I don't keep older versions of my grfs, so unless some random forum member has one, you'll either have to put up with the limits, or wait.
I just found a copy under a rock in the garden at the back of my hard drive and PM'd it to Toch :wink: Silly me! I sent him the wrong one. The correct one was under the other rock and has been sent. :lol:

Return to “Graphics Development”