32-bit Experimental Graphics for OpenTTD 32bpp

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Sergej_S
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

I show a map of city of Berlin.

Post by Sergej_S »

Specially for my friends and admirers from Germany!
(On today you 133 men)

The real copy of the screen is executed on a map of district -
The script "Europa_10_281.scn" - size 1 685 981, date of release 21.04.2006.
On the given copy of the screen 70 980 unique colours are shown.

The graphic images of the following magnificent artists are used 32-bit:
Alltaken , New Zealand
Aracirion ,
Athanasios , Greece
BerberJesus , Germany
Brupje , Netherlands
Czestmyr , Czechia
Dmh_mac , Netherlands
Dylan , England
Thgergo , Hungary
Wacki , Czechia
ZxBiohazardZx , Netherlands

The Parks_1 Zoom Landscape can be received under the direct references here:
http://lidars.narod.ru/Files/OpenTTD/Parks_1_Z.tar
The minimally necessary version - OpenTTD 32bpp 8942.

The note:
The screen is shown only for preliminary viewing, scale of houses and circuit of illumination at the artists different, the white contour of buildings and objects will be automatically removed in the final version of graphic images.

Sergej
Attachments
OpenTTD_32bpp_8942_Berlin_1975_2.png (517.93 KiB) Viewed 6736 times
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

Ahem... I have an announcement.

Maybe some of you will be very mad at me, but I must admit, that Sergej_S is actually my virtual. It's sole purpose was annoying and abusing people. And you know what? It was actually funny seeing you being jealous about all those cliche phrases like "copy of screen" and "##### unique colors are shown" etc., mockup screenshot, copyright violations. It was quite funny inventing a background for him, plus I used Promt XT (russian auto-translator program) and created some funny phrases.

Yeah, I know that the forum rules prohibit creating alternative accounts, but... whatever! :) I hope you understand that it's simply a joke, I really didn't want to offend anybody, so please don't ban/delete any of these two accounts, because they became well-known "brand names" in Loco and OTTD community.

And of course I will continue my work on 32bit OTTD branch, along with Locomotion modelling.

edit: April fools day joke
http://forums.ttdrussia.net/ - Home of "Russian Loco" project

Project file list
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

Funny or not..how sad can you get that you actually get a kick out of that. It is rather pathetic, i doubt many people here will see that as funny as it appeared your 'virtual' annoyed a fair few people.

Hang your head in shame!
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

^^ I have an announcement too.. It's April 1st today.
#################
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Yup P hasn't looked to his calendar today :wink:
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

Killer 11 wrote:Yup P hasn't looked to his calendar today :wink:
If it is a joke then i sincrely apologise to Damage, if not, the point still stands but i honestly hate April Fools Day. I do not see the point of it at all.
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Curious:

Look at the join dates of Sergej and Damage in this thread on the Russian forums:

http://forums.ttdrussia.net/viewtopic.p ... 28a3#13243

Heh, as they are both joined on that forum aswell, but Sergej being joined earlier I can only say that IF they are the same person, Damage would be the virtual of Sergej. But since it's Aprils fools day and the above isn't quite the logical reasoning, I would say that Damage is thus either toying with us by confusing us with his last post (and so having us a Aprils fools joke) OR he speaks the truth. And I think I give option 1 the most credit. :P
Sergej_S
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sergej_S »

Damage wrote:Ahem... I have an announcement.

Maybe some of you will be very mad at me, but I must admit, that Sergej_S is actually my virtual. It's sole purpose was annoying and abusing people. And you know what? It was actually funny seeing you being jealous about all those cliche phrases like "copy of screen" and "##### unique colors are shown" etc., mockup screenshot, copyright violations. It was quite funny inventing a background for him, plus I used Promt XT (russian auto-translator program) and created some funny phrases.

Yeah, I know that the forum rules prohibit creating alternative accounts, but... whatever! :) I hope you understand that it's simply a joke, I really didn't want to offend anybody, so please don't ban/delete any of these two accounts, because they became well-known "brand names" in Loco and OTTD community.

And of course I will continue my work on 32bit OTTD branch, along with Locomotion modelling.
For all readers of this theme!

I ask nobody to worry, letter Damage, written above, Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:53 pm, There is no true.

I personally respect the readers of this theme and visitors of a site, and I thank for those many good and kind words, which were said in my address!

I ask Moderators: Alltaken, Ben_Robbins _, OpenTTD Developers to remove the letter Damage, Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:53 pm

Yours faithfully to all visitors of this forum!

Sergej
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

Эх, Сергей... Такую шутку испортили... :(

Yes, it was a joke, guys. Relax. Sergej do exists and i don't have anything common with him and don't even know him in person.

Congrats to all fooled by this joke. :) Have a happy 1st of April and don't be fooled again.

And yes, this is an oficial disclaimer. I guess that post should be removed now. I hope at least some people (with sense of humor) had fun. :wink:
Last edited by Damage on 01 Apr 2007 19:08, edited 3 times in total.

Project file list
Sergej_S
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

In summary, I show model of the Winner!

Post by Sergej_S »

Specially for the readers of this theme.

Let to report on results of Internet - voting on models of passenger transport.

For March, 2007 a Web-site
http://lidars.narod.ru/Index.files/Page1168.ht m
Visit / have seen / have loaded 15 347 men.

The representatives 56 countries have taken part in automatic voting.
Heads the list Russia, which representatives have loaded 1 427 pages,
At the end of the list Greece, which unique(sole) representative completely has loaded 22 pages.

Model of a trolley bus ZiU-5 have seen / have loaded 5766
Model of the bus Liaz-5256 have seen / have loaded 4514
Model of the bus Liaz-677 have seen / have loaded 4188
Model of a trolley bus ZiU-9 have seen / have loaded 3593
Model of the bus ZiS-8 have seen / have loaded 2589
Model of a tram KM have seen / have loaded 2507
Model of a tram Tatra T3 have seen / have loaded 2417
Model of the bus GaZ-03-30 have seen / have loaded 2303
Model of the bus LaZ-697 have seen / have loaded 2071
Model of a tram KTM-8 have seen / have loaded 1287
Model of a trolley bus LK-1 have seen / have loaded 1278
Model of the bus LaZ-695 have seen / have loaded 1089
Model of the bus Volvo-9700 have seen / have loaded 0514
Model of the bus Volvo-B10M have seen / have loaded 0412
Model of the bus ZiS-16 have seen / have loaded 0284

It is the data of independent Internets - counters Yandex and Rambler.

I welcome our winner - Denis , Russia!

I want to congratulate you on success!

It is a real copy of the screen!!!
On the given copy of the screen is shown of 99 768 unique colours.

Yours faithfully to the professionals of a brush and pencil!

Sergej.
Attachments
OpenTTD_32bpp_8942_RusTroll_ZiU5_6x.png (486.61 KiB) Viewed 6333 times
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Sergej next time don't stretch your images with mspaint i had to zoom out 5 times on opera to get a viewable non blurred image.

And whoever makes those models seems to do awful textures tell them to make textures that look like textures(just like the buildings in the picture) and not just 5 minute mspaint job...
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

The textures are not awful, they are just simple. It's because all things are modelled for Locomotion and for that purpose it's enough to have such textures.

Project file list
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

After reading and discussing this thread for some time, I shall say the following:

Sergej_S:

1) Please stop Pm'ing people requesting their work. If a person wishes that you help them, I'm shore they will contact you. Pm'ing repeatedly to ask the same questions, and (in effect) pressurising a person into letting you use there work is not acceptable.

2) I don’t expect to still see you using the roads, which were just a mock up to make a point in a discussion, and consequently look poor. Do you believe that gradually reintroducing graphics I have worked on will mean it’s not noticed? Your recent Pm made it clear that you are very much aware whose work is whose.

3) Your lists of artists that contribute to each image doesn’t seem to change between posts. It would seem that you just copy and paste in a list of names, with little consideration to who actually worked on what. Please be more appreciative of peoples contributions to your images, or don’t repeat the same point each post stating the names of all artists whose graphics you have once used.

4) Work is fully the property of the author, until the author states otherwise. I don't expect to have to battle with you over if it’s permitted by Russian or English law for you to continue, regardless of requests. In relation to the way you clearly understand compliments, I don’t think that you understand as little as you may lead us to believe.

You were allowed to start this topic based on the following: "Sergej_S, you may start a new thread, but you may only post graphics you have the permission of authors to use". You have not kept to this.

I’m locking this now, after some thought, and some advice.
Ben

Return to “Graphics Development”