ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Do you use ECS with TTDP?

I use ECS under TTDP
3%
I use ECS under TTDP and OTTD
4%
I use ECS under OTTD
93%

Total votes: 166

Smaug
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: ECS implementation by George: ECS vectors. Beta 2 10/04/2007

Post by Smaug »

I voted for mauve and grey. Mauve comes the closest to the roof color of the real castle in my opinion (compare the two images) and gives a very nice contrast, so I would go for mauve. The grey color is somewhat light and gives not enough contrast I think. The brown color seems alright to me too. Great job! I'm in love with this castle.
Attachments
Mauve.png
Mauve.png (35.6 KiB) Viewed 3511 times
Neuschwanstein.png
Neuschwanstein.png (214.65 KiB) Viewed 3522 times
Life's like a play in a theatre,
Life's like a dream,
If life could be expressed in a sound,
It would sound like Dream Theater...
ImageImage
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I agree. I voted for Mauve. Brown will fit with SAC's trees but not with original ones.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

athanasios wrote:I agree. I voted for Mauve. Brown will fit with SAC's trees but not with original ones.
I can code it to use black/brown roof if SAC's trees are enabled and CC if disabled. Would it be good?
Image Image Image Image
Sonicelo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sonicelo »

OFFTOPIC:

I remeber having this castle, this image as a puzzle lol. 1k pieces.

ONTOPIC:

That would be awsome, and mauve is good yeah.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

It is a good idea. :]
EDIT / Of Topic:
{
One more
:]
for my 900th post.
... even though in my country people jokingly say that we have more presidents than the population of the country!!!
8o :lol:
}

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Test version for new features
Attachments
ECSTownw.rar
Win
(233.23 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
ECSTown.rar
Dos
(232.34 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Image Image Image Image
belugas
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by belugas »

Looks like i have plenty of work to do, if I ever want to play your sets in OTTD, George :(
In other words, it failed completely.
Thanks anyway
If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas, it means they don't count much for you.
OpenTTD and Realism? Well... Here are a few thoughs on the matter.
He he he he
------------------------------------------------------------
Music from the Bloody Time Zones
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Your interest fills us with joy and expectations! :wink:

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

belugas wrote:Looks like i have plenty of work to do, if I ever want to play your sets in OTTD, George :( In other words, it failed completely. Thanks anyway
New callback and props work fine in TTDP. Thanks to Csaboka and Dalestan
Image Image Image Image
mcbane
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mcbane »

hmm got a lil prob with ECS when building a station near a "grossbaustoffhandlung"(dunno engl word for it) it produces stuff , even i dont bring cargo there and i cant bring the unknown cargo away.
Attachments
unk.jpg
(445.33 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

mcbane wrote:hmm got a lil prob with ECS when building a station near a "grossbaustoffhandlung"(dunno engl word for it) it produces stuff , even i dont bring cargo there and i cant bring the unknown cargo away.
I cant reproduce the problem. Does it happen for all the "Large construction industry" on the map or only with specific one?
Image Image Image Image
mcbane
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mcbane »

if its the large building .yes i think i happens whenere there are other industries or towns in the range of the station
belugas
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by belugas »

George wrote:
belugas wrote:Looks like i have plenty of work to do, if I ever want to play your sets in OTTD, George :( In other words, it failed completely. Thanks anyway
Ho I'm sure they do :)
Otherwise, you would have released that test version ;)
Just that... I still have a long way to go :(
My implementation is still very buggy...
If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas, it means they don't count much for you.
OpenTTD and Realism? Well... Here are a few thoughs on the matter.
He he he he
------------------------------------------------------------
Music from the Bloody Time Zones
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

mcbane wrote:if its the large building .yes i think i happens whenere there are other industries or towns in the range of the station
Do you mean that you get this unexpected cargo on several stations? Send me a save-game and configs, please.
belugas wrote:
George wrote:
Ho I'm sure they do :)
Otherwise, you would have released that test version ;)
Just that... I still have a long way to go :(
My implementation is still very buggy...
I can't run your version of OTTD. it reports "No available language packs (invalid versions?)". Where and what should I download?
BTW it could report some version info about required version :?
Image Image Image Image
PJF
Engineer
Engineer

Thank-you and sand overproduction?

Post by PJF »

G'day George,

I love your work with the ECS industries. I just started using them, and they've really changed the game for me. Absolutely brilliant work; I've been playing with all of them enabled at once.

I did have one small surprise with the basic vector, playing in a temperate client using ttdpatch v2.6 alpha0 r1719. Within a few months of starting a new game, ALL the sandpits would increase their production, and then a few months later they'd all do it again, and then again, even though most were not being serviced. Is this intentional (sandpits are stocking big piles of sand ready for pick-up), or can I consider it unusual?

I believe I have a save-game that I can post that replicates the behaviour if you wish.

Is there any plan to combine the Arctic/Tropical/Temperate vectors into a single .grf files? I'm assuming they can't all be loaded at once in their current form.

Thanks again for a fantastic addition to the game,

Paul
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Thank-you and sand overproduction?

Post by George »

PJF wrote:I did have one small surprise with the basic vector, playing in a temperate client using ttdpatch v2.6 alpha0 r1719. Within a few months of starting a new game, ALL the sandpits would increase their production, and then a few months later they'd all do it again, and then again, even though most were not being serviced. Is this intentional (sandpits are stocking big piles of sand ready for pick-up), or can I consider it unusual?
A known bug, but was not fixed yet
PJF wrote:I believe I have a save-game that I can post that replicates the behaviour if you wish.
That is not required
PJF wrote:Is there any plan to combine the Arctic/Tropical/Temperate vectors into a single .grf files? I'm assuming they can't all be loaded at once in their current form.
Yes, you cant load them at the same time, but you can (for example) load ECS Basic vector in tropics. And how would you manage it in one file?
Image Image Image Image
PJF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PJF »

George wrote:A known bug, but was not fixed yet
Oh good, I like known bugs much better than unknown ones; they're much easier to fix. ;)
George wrote:Yes, you cant load them at the same time, but you can (for example) load ECS Basic vector in tropics. And how would you manage it in one file?
I've not even thought of loading vectors for other climates before, I'll have to give that a try.

As for managing them all in one file, I'm unfortunately not well versed in the capabilities of GRF files, and what can and cannot be done with them. My inspiration for the question was noting that Pikka's Basic Industries was a single file that modified industries in all three regular climates, with climate-dependent industry changes (eg, power plants consume coal in temperate, fuel oil in tropical). That's very appealing from a usability standpoint.

Many thanks again for an awesome addition to the game!

Paul
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

PJF wrote:As for managing them all in one file, I'm unfortunately not well versed in the capabilities of GRF files, and what can and cannot be done with them. My inspiration for the question was noting that Pikka's Basic Industries was a single file that modified industries in all three regular climates, with climate-dependent industry changes (eg, power plants consume coal in temperate, fuel oil in tropical). That's very appealing from a usability standpoint.
For my sets I try to allow every set in every climate. Of cause it brings some restrictions (for example some industries require deserts to be build and deserts are located in tropic only), but the most possibilities should work.
Image Image Image Image
PJF
Engineer
Engineer

Copper ore mines accept rubber? Breweries accept... livesto

Post by PJF »

G'day again George,

I've been playing more with your fantastic ECS vectors, and thanks again for your very prompt responses so far. I currently have all of them loaded, using the tropical ones where possible, as I'm playing a tropical game. I've noticed an oddity with the copper ore mines; they appear to be accepting rubber! In particular, the land query tool indicates: "Cargo accepted: (4/8 Rubber)".

This is a bug or a feature? I can understand copper ore mines wanting machinery or petrol, but rubber seems a little odd.

The other oddity, which I'm *sure* is a bug, is that breweries are accepting cereals, fruit and... livestock. I don't know what sort of beer they're making there, but I'm not going to be drinking it. ;) Again, the query tool displays this with the land area information: "Cargo accepted: Cereals, Fruit, Livestock".

I'm using ttdpatch 2.6 r1726. I'm happy to provide screenshots, saves, configuration information, and anything else upon request.

On a somewhat related note, I've been trying to add a little more information on the ECS to the ttdpatch wiki, such as the information on the Basic Vector. Unfortunately I'm at a loss as to how one adds the ECS navigation structure to the top of the page; any hints you may have here would be appreciated.

All the very best, and thanks again!

Paul
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Copper ore mines accept rubber? Breweries accept... livesto

Post by George »

PJF wrote:they appear to be accepting rubber! In particular, the land query tool indicates: "Cargo accepted: (4/8 Rubber)".
The other oddity, which I'm *sure* is a bug, is that breweries are accepting cereals, fruit and... livestock.
Does it happen in newly created games?
PJF wrote:On a somewhat related note, I've been trying to add a little more information on the ECS to the ttdpatch wiki, such as the information on the Basic Vector. Unfortunately I'm at a loss as to how one adds the ECS navigation structure to the top of the page; any hints you may have here would be appreciated.
You have to get permissions. Please, contact Owen Rudge
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”