BR Set [WIP][EXPERIENCED AND NEW ARTISTS WANTED!]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Should we split into Steam and Modern Sets to allow more comprehensive coverage of the Steam Era?

Yes
55%
No
38%
Other (Please State)
7%

Total votes: 92

Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: BR Set [WIP][EXPERIENCED AND NEW ARTISTS WANTED!]

Post by Doorslammer »

My files shall be posted here instead of the other forum. To be honest, there shouldn't be any need for that forum, it just means there is a lost opportunity for showing our work loudly and proudly.
Attachments
Test 31
Test 31
class_31_test_846.png (2.4 KiB) Viewed 2090 times
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

AWESOMENESS OVERLOAD!

I do believe I actually recognise some of those trains too, woo. I usually have a terrible memory for these things.

EDIT: Heh, just spotted the yellow 142 - my first ever graphic was of one of those! It was predictably terrible, but who knows - perhaps I might have time to draw some more some day.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

WOW. There's some serious progress there.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

That progress has been around for months ;-)

Doorslammer, I think you've made a silly decision here. Posting the finished sprites on here to show them off and increase interest is one thing - but when they're in progress, how do you suggest anyone keeps track of what the hell is going on? The forum has hundreds and hundreds of posts - to put them in here, nobody would be able to keep track at all. I just went back, for example, and re-modelled the 325 with the 365 base model. I doubt I would have noticed it needed to be done if it wasn't in it's own thread.

The new 22x thread is already on about 9 posts in 48 hours, and there are quite a few sprites where there are 12 pages or more each.

Besides which, the discussion you threw your dummy out of the pram over is still going on and stands a good chance of going the way you want.
Jon
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

It seems that every mod/set/project I have ever seen that has supposedly grown beyond a thread in a parent forum and decided to start its own forum has suddenly fallen apart mostly due to it being cut off from the parent. I hope this doesn't happen to this set (again).
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

WAS did just that and it hasn't died a death like BRset, infact we are about to release alpha. Its more about painters feeling undervalued and dropping the set like a stone.
FHS
Director
Director

Post by FHS »

Its logic thinking. More people will see the thread here and be joining. If it has its own forum the low amount of posts in the thread here will make it look like the set has died. And, who does actually notice the banners in the signatures anyways.
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

audigex wrote:That progress has been around for months ;-)

Doorslammer, I think you've made a silly decision here. Posting the finished sprites on here to show them off and increase interest is one thing - but when they're in progress, how do you suggest anyone keeps track of what the hell is going on? The forum has hundreds and hundreds of posts - to put them in here, nobody would be able to keep track at all. I just went back, for example, and re-modelled the 325 with the 365 base model. I doubt I would have noticed it needed to be done if it wasn't in it's own thread.

The new 22x thread is already on about 9 posts in 48 hours, and there are quite a few sprites where there are 12 pages or more each.

Besides which, the discussion you threw your dummy out of the pram over is still going on and stands a good chance of going the way you want.
Keep speaking, show everyone what a grumblebum you are.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Monaro Doorslammer wrote:

If you want to alienate Audigex - who is clearly the most sane person left in the set - then go ahead, and you and Leanden can mastermind your full takeover which will hit the rocks. And then you'll blame someone else.

You're idiots. There was no problem with how it was going - it was only because development had stopped that you were so upset - but no one stopped you from drawing.

If you want to make the issue public on TT-Forums then I'll quite happily go ahead. You've got your own way because Leanden thinks you talk sense when actually you're doing harm for the set's quality.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Thanks for the vote of sanity, I'll be printing that out when I go for my next psychological assessment. :-)

Just to make a public request/notice - can anyone who has previously submitted work to the BRset, even if inactive now, please either visit the forum and look at the "licensing" thread or let us know whether you're willing to make your contributions available under the GPL or Creative Commons licenses (preferably GPL).

Also, if anyone is in contact with those who have contributed before but since vanished, could you direct them to this post? Thanks very much :-) I'll post a complete list of those we need to get in touch with later.
Jon
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Dave Worley wrote:
Monaro Doorslammer wrote:

If you want to alienate Audigex - who is clearly the most sane person left in the set - then go ahead, and you and Leanden can mastermind your full takeover which will hit the rocks. And then you'll blame someone else.

You're idiots. There was no problem with how it was going - it was only because development had stopped that you were so upset - but no one stopped you from drawing.

If you want to make the issue public on TT-Forums then I'll quite happily go ahead. You've got your own way because Leanden thinks you talk sense when actually you're doing harm for the set's quality.
Such wise words from the bloke who decided to insult his own sprite makers. Not in public, mind you, on your cosy little hidey hole that's access restricted to the masses. Care to tell them about that, Dave?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Insult? Please point me to where I insulted my "sprite makers" and I will re-post that in its entirety on this forum and explain my words.

I tell you now I stand by everything I said, and I don't even know what you're referring to.

Flickr

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

There is no need for anyone to reveil private messages here to convince other people. No need for a fight either I think but somehow the BR set is getting a bit too much negative attention lately. If there are other issues than splitting then I suggest to resolve those first and preferably not in public on the forum. No need for that either.
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

i voted "other".

Either:
Ditch patch-compatability and go entierly for open or:
use the devzone, and it can make three different grfs at once. Two for patch (old/modern) and one "complete" set for open :)
Member of the
ImageImage
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Quote from dear leader csuke:
Ok. I have been reading the **** that has been posted recently and I've had enough, so here is my reply to most of the tripe that has been posted in the past few days. This may take awhile, and I am damn sure I'm going to p*** off a fair few people, tbh, I couldn't care less.

This is NOT a public forum, and it NEVER will be. I pay enough for this already and with every Tom Dick and Harry reading every post and having their "input", that will be bandwidth I cannot afford. If you don't like the service I am providing, feel free to go elsewhere. I provide this space as a tool for organisation, nothing more. I never forced anyone to sign up, just that they follow certain rules if they did.

The way this set has been treated over the last few weeks is completely unacceptable. If you want to have a set that is called the BRSet then you will treat it as such. Call it something else then you can do what the hell you like with it and take your business elsewhere in the process.

You complain that I am not around enough to moderate - but you have driven the active moderators out of this set, the ones who were keeping it running, keeping it clean, and TBH getting stuff drawn that actually looks good. I have no problems with giving out moderator rights to those who deserve it, need it, and have actually meaningfully contributed to the set. Walking in and demanding oper rights is unbelievably rude, and in most places likely to get you kicked straight back out again. Thankfully I am slightly more tolerant.

I will NEVER allow you to post/use anything on here that is not yours to use. Ronstars (amazing) work is his, it belongs to him alone unless he specifically says otherwise. I will never force anyone to sign over their IP to us, i find the idea utterly disgusting. If you think you can be blase about this think again. When i have the time i will be removing anything that Ron has missed and sending it to him so that he will have it to do with as he sees fit. ANYONE not adhering to this will be forcibly removed.

I have had to move an awful lot of stuff recently into the private forums. The General Discussion forum is the only part of the forum that is publically readable, and if you can't keep your politics in the right place I will be forced to disable public access to that as well. If we cannot be seen to get our house in order we will find it VERY difficult to attract new artists. And that is what we need, not politicians.

I have no objections to the making of some sort of nightly, as long as it is well done, not just "look at me, i put my train into the game!" I actually think it may help. Also this must stay in the private sections of these forums.

Individual artists are welcome to license their work how they see fit, but please understand, we have to find one license for the set that is compatible with each artists work, so please keep it sensible.

Lastly, stop the flaming, it is very clear in the forums rules in each forum. Grow up. Period.

/Rant

IF you want changes made to this place, I am always listening, make them reasonable, well thought out and community agreed, then I will see what I can do, people throwing their toys around when they don't get their way does not.
What fun behind closed doors, folks.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Monaro Doorslammer wrote:Quote from dear leader csuke:
snip of something very, very sensible
Yeah what fun - especially when everything he's written there is absolutely spot on.

Flickr

Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Dave Worley wrote:
Monaro Doorslammer wrote:Quote from dear leader csuke:
snip of something very, very sensible
Yeah what fun - especially when everything he's written there is absolutely spot on.
And you expect people to work with that miserable sod of an admin? Fantastic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Monaro Doorslammer wrote:And you expect people to work with that miserable sod of an admin? Fantastic.
He's not being miserable, he's being realistic.

You don't like him, you didn't like me. You seem to now be hell-bent on destroying the set just to fulfill your personal vendetta Dave, and it's really not positive for the set.

Flickr

welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

Dave Worley wrote:
Monaro Doorslammer wrote:And you expect people to work with that miserable sod of an admin? Fantastic.

You don't like him, you didn't like me. You seem to now be hell-bent on destroying the set just to fulfill your personal vendetta Dave, and it's really not positive for the set.
Seconded.
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Dave Worley wrote:

Fine, stuff the lot of you. All sprites are withdrawn.

Return to “Graphics Development”