German road vehicle set [WIP, first version released]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Today I've been busy coding the articulated version of the bus I had mentioned earlier this week. However, I ran into some trouble with the trailer uncoupling itself and going off somewhere... So that needs to get fixed, though I don't have an idea what might causing this behaviour...
Anyway, some screenshots are attached, and I also updated the homepage with some more photos and stuff.
Attachments
mbo405g_3.png
mbo405g_3.png (9.92 KiB) Viewed 6336 times
mbo405g_2.png
mbo405g_2.png (7.07 KiB) Viewed 6358 times
mbo405g.png
mbo405g.png (7.29 KiB) Viewed 6337 times
RK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RK »

Uwe wrote:Today I've been busy coding the articulated version of the bus I had mentioned earlier this week. However, I ran into some trouble with the trailer uncoupling itself and going off somewhere...
That's a problem of the patch itself. Unfortunately, Steven has stalled the development. So we've to wait until a stable release, but I'm glad to have it at all.
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

All members of the team have been really busy with university, so progress was very slow over the last weeks. Nevertheless, another bus has been finished, the Büssing D2U. That's a very famous doubledeck type used in Berlin throughout the 1960s and 1970s.
Attachments
buessingd2u_3.png
buessingd2u_3.png (9.65 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
buessingd2u_2.png
buessingd2u_2.png (9.59 KiB) Viewed 6081 times
buessingd2u.png
buessingd2u.png (8.2 KiB) Viewed 6080 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice graphics, keep up the good work :!:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DonRazzi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DonRazzi »

Hmmm... I thought about a name for such a project the past days, not knowing the project already exists. Maybe it's a little bit uncommon to name a project which isn't your own, but I thought about to name such a set

GRoVeR - German ROad VEhicle Replacement.

For the ones who don't know how is Grover: It's one of the most popular monsters of Sesame Street, in Germany he's named "Groby".

By the way, I'd love to add some paintings to the project, but I don't know how to do it...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I think the current name (used in the topic title) is the best, it clearly explains what it is. 8)

EDIT: About adding painting (called 'sprites'), you could take a look at my tutorials, link in my signature. It's for trains, but the basics are the same as for RV.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

I think the name of a set is the least important thing ;)
If you want to contribute sprites you should do what Purno suggested and try his tutorials. That includes the basic vehicle shape, palette issues and other stuff. If you are really keen on trying that, PM/mail me for a detailed description about what basic design principles are used throughout the set.

However, help is also needed in other areas: Searching for photos of original vehicles, collecting technical data, choosing which trucks should be in the set, testing and so on.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I see nice busses :P I like them :)
DonRazzi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DonRazzi »

BTW: Which are the colours for the 2nd company-colour?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The 8 dark green ones. Not the bluish green, but the greenish green... hard to explain without a pic.
Image Image
DonRazzi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DonRazzi »

The only green on the right side of your tutorial?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Yeah, right side, just above the yellow colors.
Image Image
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

:roll: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... oordinates

The colors in question are those labeled "Patch Company 2".
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Now that university has finished, I finally have time to do some coding again. Daniel, the main artist of the set, was very busy and has sent me sprites for not one bus, not two busses, but seven(!) busses. All these sprites are now waiting to be coded, so you can expect some more updates over the next few days.

The first new bus is the Vomag P20f. This is the very first bus in the set, being available in the early 1920s. It is slow, it has little capacity, but it is a start. This bus shows baggage on the roof when loaded.
Attachments
vomagp20f_3.png
vomagp20f_3.png (8.62 KiB) Viewed 5589 times
vomagp20f_2.png
vomagp20f_2.png (9.07 KiB) Viewed 5582 times
vomagp20f.png
vomagp20f.png (9.15 KiB) Viewed 5603 times
DonRazzi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DonRazzi »

Wow! They're beautifull! Can't wait have running them in one of my games...
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Very good work with these buses, well done.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Very nice work :!:
Image Image
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Thanks for the compliments. I just went on coding the next bus, the Mercedes Benz OP3750. Guess I should try finding a better hobby for Sunday evenings... This is the first coach type to be available in the mid 1930s. It has a very high top speed as it was designed to suit the newly built Autobahn.
Attachments
mbop3750_3.png
mbop3750_3.png (6.43 KiB) Viewed 5542 times
mbop3750_2.png
mbop3750_2.png (9.16 KiB) Viewed 5543 times
mbop3750.png
mbop3750.png (7.39 KiB) Viewed 5542 times
Proky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Proky »

Is that a much nice. Largely you three last are much handsome. :lol:
Download Czech Locomotion set,My work:CS Brewery set, CS Road set, CS Tramtrack, CS Post set, CS Hotel set,CS Shop set, Prague metro scenario, High Mountain 1930 scenario
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

OK, here's the last new bus for today, gotta keep some work for the rest of the week :wink:
This is the Büssing Ludewig Aero, a very special type of city bus. It is dubbed 1 1/2 deck, because it's a mixture of a standard type and a double deck. Such busses were quite common in West Germany during the 1960s and 1970s.
However, coding is not yet finished as I'm still lacking some information on various stats. The main problem here is that there never was a real series production, these busses were manufactured individually by a specialized company, based on a Büssing framework. If anyone has some information on the necessary stats, please get in touch with me.
Attachments
buessingaero_3.png
buessingaero_3.png (8.19 KiB) Viewed 5494 times
buessingaero_2.png
buessingaero_2.png (7.8 KiB) Viewed 5498 times
buessingaero.png
buessingaero.png (8.93 KiB) Viewed 5496 times

Return to “Graphics Development”