German road vehicle set [WIP, first version released]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

And another update: Neoman Lion's City DD, a modern double deck bus. Information on the original can be found here (german text!).
Attachments
lionscitydd_3.png
lionscitydd_3.png (9.32 KiB) Viewed 7282 times
lionscitydd_2.png
lionscitydd_2.png (9.51 KiB) Viewed 7283 times
lionscitydd.png
lionscitydd.png (9.91 KiB) Viewed 7283 times
VIPStephan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by VIPStephan »

Amazing work! Thumbs up, Uwe. Are they gonna be in (dual) company colors? The vehicle list you showed earlier looked like one color scheme throughout the ages. I really like it. :)
Whatever happens, don't click this link!!
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

It's coming in dual color, for the screenshots both colors were set to yellow, to make it look more like the original.
VIPStephan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by VIPStephan »

I took the liberty to try myself at the Setra S 215 UL. That's my first TTD drawing ever. I wonder how you guys got the texture like it is...? It's pretty nasty to do it by hand in my opinion.
Anyway, any constructive criticism? :)
(hope you're not mad at me because I didn't claim it at first)
Attachments
Setra S 215 UL
Setra S 215 UL
setra_s_215_ul.png (1.48 KiB) Viewed 7178 times
Whatever happens, don't click this link!!
RK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RK »

*thumbs up* keep it on! :D
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

That looks really good for a first try. Still, I'll have to take a closer look at the sprites, especially to check if it fits together with the other models in the set. We (that is, the two artists and me) have agreed on certain styles to be used for all models, like the way the windows are coloured and what details like number plates and mirrors should be visible. I'll check that and get in touch with you then.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice drawing, well done :!:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Well, I think it's time for a small progress report. Since I am busy writing my diploma thesis and the others have to take care of real life commitments as well, progress has been rather slow, but the set is far from being dead.
Right now, about 9 buses are coded to an extent that they can be used in the game. Another half a dozen buses are in the process of being drawn and will hopefully be added during the next days and weeks.
There has also been some work done on the set homepage in terms of pictures and screenshots, but there is still more to come, I just don't know yet when I'll have the time to do that.
I plan to finish the buses before doing any work on trucks, simply because of all the ECS stuff involved in that. And don't ask when the set will be released ;-)
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Good job, Stephan, now you just need to add the blue squares and it's ready to be coded!
Formerly known as Lachie
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

*grin* He's already reworked the whole thing and it is already coded.
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Well, I'm repeating myself, but I want to let you know that although it does not look like it, the set is not dead. There has been little progress, but mainly behind the scenes (collecting infos and pictures of various trucks). Two new buses have also been drawn and are ready to be coded (the Mercedes-Benz CapaCity and the Neoplan N4032 Megashuttle). However, since I'm already programming the whole day for university I'm lacking the motivation to do NFO coding in the evenings...
Anyway, the set will be finished and released eventually, and if somebody hands me a big pile of motivation that might even happen within the next decade ;-)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Uwe wrote:Well, I'm repeating myself, but I want to let you know that although it does not look like it, the set is not dead. There has been little progress, but mainly behind the scenes (collecting infos and pictures of various trucks). Two new buses have also been drawn and are ready to be coded (the Mercedes-Benz CapaCity and the Neoplan N4032 Megashuttle). However, since I'm already programming the whole day for university I'm lacking the motivation to do NFO coding in the evenings...
Anyway, the set will be finished and released eventually, and if somebody hands me a big pile of motivation that might even happen within the next decade ;-)
/me hands to Uwe a big pile of motivation :P
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Thanks to that big pile of motivation handed over by ISA, there is finally some real news: I have added the Neoplan N4032 Megashuttle. This is a double-deck city bus which was in use in Chemnitz (Saxony) from about 1993 until 2001. It's a huge four-axle model with a length of 15 meters, longer than what was usually allowed for single frame busses. The bus has a huge capacity, but is quite weak and can only reach 63 km/h. In addition it proved rather unreliable and expensive, so it was withdrawn from service in favour of articulated models.
As said previously, there are more sprites in a more or less finished state, so you might expect some more updates over the next weeks, depending on the progress of my university stuff.
Attachments
neoplann4032_3.png
neoplann4032_3.png (9.12 KiB) Viewed 6363 times
neoplann4032_2.png
neoplann4032_2.png (6.63 KiB) Viewed 6364 times
neoplann4032.png
neoplann4032.png (8.71 KiB) Viewed 6364 times
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Time for an update. There has been quite some progress over the last few days. Some new buses have been drawn, some have been modified.
The screenshots show the most modern bus of the set, the Mercedes-Benz CapaCity. The prototype was presented in 2005, series production is set to begin in 2007. Photos can be found here.

On a related note, we are looking for people who want to do some testing with this set. Since we are only three people, who do not have the time to draw, code _and_ play, and especially the articulated buses are still somewhat buggy, it would be really important to get some feedback.

So if there is anyone out there who really wants to test and try and report and live with the fact that the set is far from finished, PM or mail me.
Attachments
mbcapacity_2.png
mbcapacity_2.png (3.91 KiB) Viewed 6159 times
mbcapacity.png
mbcapacity.png (5.07 KiB) Viewed 6148 times
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

And another new bus: The Mercedes-Benz O405, a standard bus from the mid 1980s, which was a very common sight all across Germany. It was later replaced by the low-floor design O405N.
This bus comes in two fashions, single frame and articulated, the latter being named O405G (already drawn, but not yet coded).
Attachments
mbo405_3.png
mbo405_3.png (7.21 KiB) Viewed 6024 times
mbo405_2.png
mbo405_2.png (7.53 KiB) Viewed 6025 times
mbo405.png
mbo405.png (7.67 KiB) Viewed 6025 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice work! I'll try out this set once it's finished.

However, one thing is unclear to me; Will this set use real colors or 2cc ?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

As of now, everything is 2cc. The various screenshots just show the buses using different company color settings.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Uwe wrote:As of now, everything is 2cc. The various screenshots just show the buses using different company color settings.
Whoa, cool! Thats really impressive stuff!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Dr_Quin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr_Quin »

Those buses are great, but are they compatible with other bus grf?
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

The set will offer a full range of buses and trucks - therefore it will not be compatible to other bus or truck grfs.

Return to “Graphics Development”