Shops and offices (my first graphic)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Czestmyr
Engineer
Engineer

Shops and offices (my first graphic)

Post by Czestmyr »

Hi people! I'm new here and this is my first graphic for OpenTTD. It's the shops and offices building, I've already put it into the OpenTTD wiki. It still has to get some nice textures though. Anyway, here it is, feel free to comment:

BTW: Where should I send my building, when I'm done?
Attachments
1x1 shops and offices
1x1 shops and offices
shopsoffices.png (65.8 KiB) Viewed 8685 times
Last edited by Czestmyr on 06 Apr 2006 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
LilDood
Director
Director

Post by LilDood »

the image seems to be taking ages to load upload it to the forum we're not exactly short on bandwith or space
Czestmyr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Czestmyr »

2 Lil Dood: Okay, It's uploaded now :wink:
LilDood
Director
Director

Post by LilDood »

looks good with the old fashioned arches they probably look good if there were a few together too
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Looks awesome :!:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Looks Really good, espeially the arches as said, and little things like the drainage from the roof. Could the windows sit more back into the walls.

Could you render it with a slightly darker colour, cause some part are a bit bright to be seen clearly. (this was the same as in the 'N00b in HQ disaster shock!' post. default blender colour or something.

Could this not have just gone in the 'New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread' as well? Scattered graphics will just need to be rounded up later.
Ben
Czestmyr
Engineer
Engineer

Almost done!

Post by Czestmyr »

Almost done now! I tried to darken the lighting a bit. Now I just have to finish texturing on the other side. The handdrawn stuff is my paper concept work.

P.S. Thanks for feedback, I must admit that I like the building myself as well :wink: , but it took me some 8 hours to make it till this point :shock:
Attachments
1x1 Shops and offices textured version
1x1 Shops and offices textured version
shopsofficest.png (99.91 KiB) Viewed 8587 times
Shops and Offices - Draft
Shops and Offices - Draft
shopsdraft.jpg (153.21 KiB) Viewed 8589 times
Last edited by Czestmyr on 06 Apr 2006 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

A pretty faithful following too.

Good work! But it might not be wise to texture it just yet, until a standardised texturing system is made. You wouldn't want everything too inconsistant.
Czestmyr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Czestmyr »

2 Ben Robins: I think, the windows are ok in the textured version, aren'ŧ they.
Crazy Vaclav
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Crazy Vaclav »

I don't think you should change the lighting. Try changing some of the settings for the materials instead.
Czestmyr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Czestmyr »

2 Crazy Vaclav: Why do the windows have to look the same? This building was originally two medieval town buildings, which were joined together during a repair in the reneissance period, when both buildings were owned by a single wealthy merchant. This was a very common practice. Also, the buidings shouldn't look uniform and perfectly neat. I've once read something about a book called "Reality is chaos" in a similar forum. The author was generally saying in the book that reality isn'ŧ perfectly symetrical and even, therefore you should add a little bit chaos into your 3D designs as well, in order for them to look more real (now you know, why I've left out some windows :wink: )
Crazy Vaclav
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Crazy Vaclav »

I was hoping you wouldn't see what I had written before I had changed it.:P

It was a mistake from my part, I thought you answered Born Acorn and his statement that you should wait a little with the texturing. So when you wrote that the windows looked good in the textured version, I thought you meant the window textures. I hope that cleared it up a bit
Czestmyr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Czestmyr »

2 Crazy Vaclav: Seems like you weren'ŧ as quick as I was :wink:
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

also get the png file in the graphics blender.blend thread....
nachbarnebenan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nachbarnebenan »

Holy s***, it just looks like the house I grew up in! Even the colors! Where did you get your inspiration? Have you by any chance ever been to Weimar and taken notes or even photos? I doubt it's coincidence.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

ow and also add it to the wiki page plz;)
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

It looks really nice, although the roof and the walls look a bit flat. But I like the way like it suggests that there isn't a ground floor :).
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
shampie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shampie »

Quitte impressive!
My suggestion or addiotion to the texturing would be cracks or inconsistancies with the building (window slightly uneven?) You mentioned about realistic? :)
Definatly keep up the great work!
If you havent gotten this yet, your work is very much appreactiated like anyone elses here!
MazeMaster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MazeMaster »

or maybe vines on one side crawling up a pillar :D
the master e
Engineer
Engineer

Post by the master e »

shampie wrote:Quitte impressive!
My suggestion or addiotion to the texturing would be cracks or inconsistancies with the building (window slightly uneven?) You mentioned about realistic? :)
I agree, i think the building looks great. But i thinks it is an old building, and old buildings are not that clean :P

Return to “Graphics Development”