Canadian Stations Set: Updated 21/01/08 - v0.3d RELEASED!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Platforms ... First of the rank we have a suite of low level platforms.

Many moons ago, or was that light years, we suggested a small enhancement for stations; i.e. we wished to have access to landscape information, just as houses and industries have. Well, we did not get it; but we have come up with a solution anyway; although it does require a little bit of players cooperation.

What are low level platforms ?

With low level platforms you can build stations on more than one level and they still look safe and good. The platform, one level up, will get safety railings and there will be stairs going up to the upper level. If the upper level platform has roofs and subways, you can get access to the concourse from the lower level platform.

What are the rules ?

1] Each independent level of platforms can only have one low level platform, all the others must be ordinary platforms.

2] A low level platform needs to be built adjacent to an upper level platform (which is an ordinary platform). If the 2 platforms are located in the southern half of the station complex, the low level platform needs to be to the south of the upper level. If located in the northern half, the low level platform needs to be to the north of the upper level. If built in the northern half, you will not see as much, as the low level platform is partially obscured by the upper level platform.

3] You can build terraced stations, as long as rule 2] is obeyed.

What low level platforms are available ?

There are 4 different tiles (we have run out of station IDs and real sprites to have any more) :

1] Base Low Level Platform; this is a no frills platform, it simply places safety railings to the upper level platform.

2] Low Level Buffer; same as 1], but it is the companion to the buffer.

3] Upper Level Access; this will give you stairs going up to the upper level. At the same time it is also a cross walk.

4] Concourse Access; this one will give you access to the concourse, or subway on the upper level platform. It, too, has a cross walk. It should only be used, if you have a subway adjacent to it on the upper level.

They, of course, come in 1st and 2nd generation, snow and no snow and will be animated as most other platform tiles.

The following 8 screenies, tell the story ...

First, 1st generation (available 1920-1945) low level platforms with stairs, most suited with unroofed stations ...
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

And, 2nd generation (available after 1945) ...
Last edited by OzTrans on 24 Feb 2007 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Second, 1st generation low level platforms with access to the concourse, suitable for roofed upper level platforms ...
Last edited by OzTrans on 24 Feb 2007 00:23, edited 1 time in total.
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Wow, really great, when did you say the next release is coming? :wink: (just joking)
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

And, 2nd generation ...
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Wallyweb ... now you can open your eyes ... the mess has been cleaned up.
Sleepie wrote: ... when did you say the next release is coming? ...
Soonish ... well we may have a different interpretation of 'soonish' ...
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

OzTransLtd wrote:Soonish ... well we may have a different interpretation of 'soonish' ...
Yeah, might be, I would say in a month :) But I would never complain if it will take longer, because I know you all (like all the other devs, artists, ... around) spend your freetime for it and won't get paid for it. So I'm happy when it's ready and I'll have a new great toy to play with. :D
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

Holy <explitive>ing <explitive>!

*drools*
It's not me in my avatar, it's a time lord!

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.
-Douglas Adams
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

OzTransLtd wrote:Wallyweb ... now you can open your eyes ... the mess has been cleaned up.
Yea ... dropped my etch-a-sketch and my post was gone and everything else was changed. :lol:
Was worth it though! I've marked soonish on my calendar. :wink:
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Wonderfull :!:

What else can I say...
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
jasperthecat1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jasperthecat1 »

my screenshot
Attachments
there is my carparks and my train and my buses
there is my carparks and my train and my buses
Grindingham Transport, 14th Feb 2046.png (85.21 KiB) Viewed 526 times
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Oh no... not another Jasper :roll:

Love the new design OzTrans!
(One thing Id like to see is a little more texture on the Canadian stations. I sadly don't use them as much as I should as they all look a little too 'clean'.)
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Ben_K wrote: ... Love the new design OzTrans! ...
Thanks, but you need to thank lifeblood, I'm just the coder !
... One thing Id like to see is a little more texture on the Canadian stations. I sadly don't use them as much as I should as they all look a little too 'clean'.
The 'dirty' passengers have started to turn up (rear platform half only), may be that is more appealing ...

BTW, the screenie is OpenTTD, the TTDPatch one is far too buggy to be shown.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

That pic brings a song to mind ... Let's see .. oh yes ...
"Look at all the lonely people.
Where do they all come from?"
I'll stop singing now before orudge or a moderizzle bans me. :wink:
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Those peoples are lined up like in army or something, if You all understand what I'm thinking! :)
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

I agree with ISA. They are all far too equally spread. IRL, passengers group on a platform, especially near entrances, subways, etc...
Maybe lifeblood can do something about this?
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

perhaps some sort of randomizer?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Hmm, I'm not to sure what the complaints actually are. I think the spread looks pretty good. Keep in mind that this is the busiest stage, so the platforms do look cramped because they actually are.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Its busiest? Then there isn't not enough peoples IMO
No offense, but one side of platform is empty and other side peoples are standing next to each other (.....) But would be cool if all platform is full! Best example is full Michel Bluncks roofed platforms :) They look very real!

Return to “Graphics Development”