[WIP] Finnish Trainset - Alpha available NOW on BaNaNaS!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

[WIP] Finnish Trainset - Alpha available NOW on BaNaNaS!

Post by DanMacK »

Since the Finnish Train Set thread was getting a little bit cluttered with bad vibes, Vemarkis suggested I open a new thread, being the new project leader and all. This gives the set a fresh start I hope, and hopefully renews interest.

The WEBSITE has been updated and has a full equipment tracking table in place on the Vehicles page thanks to kyosuke1989.

The full set will include equipment from 1870 (OTTD compatible only), TTDP will start in 1920

With the help of kyosuke1989 and as, as well as Vemarkis and Piirka, the set is starting to come together in the information department.

Watch this thread for further updates on the set, progress will not halt like before and this set WILL get completed.

Thanks for staying with us.

**Update** I've been slacking a bunch - juzza1, a vetran of the original set has come to the coding rescue. Updates are now posted on the OpenTTD Coop Devzone Finnish Train Set Project

The Alpha version (Too big to call it a "teaser") is now available on BaNaNaS. See the RElease Thread for bug reporting.
Last edited by DanMacK on 03 Jun 2013 12:31, edited 12 times in total.
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

/me cheers
Can't wait to see you lead another set to perfection! :p
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

One question about the website; do we have permission to use those images?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

HURRAH!!!
i hope that this will be a good set like the DB(XL) 'cause i really need a new set to play with! :P
Last known as: Weirdy
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

*jumps with joy*

Congrats DanMacK! I cant wait to see this progress as well as your other sets!

Im behind you all the way! :wink:

James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

On behalf of the management of the French Set, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the new management of the Finnish Set and we wish you a prosperous future. We would also like to extend our best wishes to the old management and we look forward to your continued presence in the forums. A bottle of our finest Beaujolais to each of you. :D

Vive la liberté.

:wink:
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Voila,

The "Directeur Generale" stands of course behind those wishes as well. But it is always better to congratulate personally.

I wish you of course all the luck you need, I know that the knowledge is there. So let's hope we can see a taster soon, I'm looking forward to it.

Meilleurs salutations!
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

New Topic, Woot!

Heh, anyways, coding this set is rathar slow do to other commitments I have, but bit by bit it shal be done.
First Bit for the new Thread. All the early wagons coded. :]

Enjoy,
~ Lakie
Attachments
MicroNetwork.png
MicroNetwork.png (270.28 KiB) Viewed 2369 times
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Lakie - Those look good! Pity about the locomotive that is :)).
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Today I got a nice e-mail:
kimmo712003@yahoo.co.uk wrote: Hello!

You have copied my picture without my permission to
the page:

http://users2.tt-forums.net/finnish/Vehelectric.html

Please remove it now, or pay a fee of 500 euros per
year.

Best regards,
Kimmo Kotimäki
That's why I asked wether you had permission to use them :!:

EDIT: Sick people. If you don't want other people to use your picture, then don't put it on internet :roll: He's properly credited, so I would prefer to tell him to F*CK OFF. But I didn't...
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

On request of Aegir:
http://vaunut.org/kayttooikeusrikkomus wrote:users2.tt-forums.netissä olevilla sivuilla rikotaan räikeästi tekijänoikeuslakeja. Siispä sieltä tulevilla ei ole asiaa tänne. Jos olet sivustosta vastaava, otapa yhteyttä esimerkiksi vaunut.orgin ylläpitoon ja poista luvattomasti käyttämäsi kuvat sivustoltasi. Janne Määttä
Pages on users2.tt-forums.net blatantly break copyright. Thence, people comeing from there have no buisness here. If you are in charge of the page, please contact the maintainers of vaunut.org and remove the unlawfully used pictures from your site. Janne Määttä
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

One wonders why they don't just filter on referer...

I have a site on http://argonopedia.ppcis.org/ which does just that (it's a fan site for a space game). People would link our spaceship pics into other forums, and the artist disliked that intensely. It's not possible now unless your browser doesn't send a referer at all.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Because the images are re-hosted on users2, not hotlinked.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Purno wrote:Today I got a nice e-mail:
kimmo712003@yahoo.co.uk wrote: Hello!

You have copied my picture without my permission to
the page:

http://users2.tt-forums.net/finnish/Vehelectric.html

Please remove it now, or pay a fee of 500 euros per
year.

Best regards,
Kimmo Kotimäki
Lol, that's one of the richest emails I've ever seen.
I seriously doubt he'd ever undertake any action. The way he brings it makes it look like some cheap attempt at blackmail, somehow.
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I wonder if it would be effective to change the vaunut.org links to http://tinyurl.com/c53ve. That might kill the referrer tracking.
(Operative there being might. *checks* Doesn't seem to work for FF.)
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Maybe you just should put a link on the site to the pictures instead of directly displaying them?

Funnily enough vaunut.org didn't block me from visiting the site even though i had a users2.tt-forums page open previusly..

I wonder why you guys get a response like that though, the photographers are properly credited, and Vaunut.org is credited also, and linked to too.

Though if i remember right the members of vaunut.org got to pay so they can upload their images..My memory could be playing on me though.

And that threat of Kimmo is funny, cause there is only 1 image of his on the whole page and he already threatens with a 500€..
Last edited by Villem on 21 Oct 2005 16:46, edited 2 times in total.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Not really needed, you should just keep the images small. And if you want more images per vehicle you can use a javascript gallery. See 'our' project site.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

*Sigh*, why are some people so anal

I copied and didn't directly link the images, Vaunut's bandwidth isn't being used, and photographers and the site are properly credited. *sigh* Since I can't send a reply in Finnish will somebody please do so explaining this. Also, if I was making a s**tload of money off this venture, sure I'd pay.

Also, if possible, explain this is not for commercial gain, and is mainly for the reference of the artists and people wanting to see what the trains look like. As Purno said, why upload to the internet if you don't want people using them. :roll: Fine... I'll edit the frigging site when I get home. They want to b****, I could just directly link as opposed to copying and crediting.

Others are getting referred to the site, "People coming from users2.tt-forums.net have no business here" Um, isn't the whole point of having a website on the internet to have people refer it? Am I asking for a return link? NO. Do I really give a damn about a return link? No? Is Vaunut put out in any way by people visiting their site? No, it generates more interest for the site, unless they don't want that.

Somebody please reply in Finnish explaining the situation, that this is not for commercial gain and also tell them to direct all issues to me... in English. I have replied to Kimmo however.

From now on, the vehicles pages will be only for the use of the artists, I'll drop them when I get home. Some people... *sigh*
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Alright, i will contact the maintainer of vaunut.org.
I just have to wait until he is avaible for contact..

DanMacK apparently Antti Havukainen would like to give you some photos of the trains for the site.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I've dropped the images off the website. I'll work on a non-imaged tracking table later. The Vehicles page is now semi-offline.

Return to “Graphics Development”