Artists FAQ, and quick start guide (Updated 22/08/05)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dmh_mac »

etko wrote:My last quetion is about texture maps. Is there some online repository of used textures (to preserve consistent look)?
Well most of us (I think) have been using blender procedural materials- I know I have ;). They are kind of hard to convert to max. It will probably be best to texture the models in blender anyway since that's where they'll be rendered.
Since you already know blender, you could try do that yourself or ask someone else to do it.
There are some .blend files in the "New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread" that you can append materials from and I will post some of my newer blends as soon as my other PC gets back on it's feet.

P.s. You might want to check your post before pressings submit (lot of letters left out).
Alltaken
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Alltaken »

dmh_mac wrote: I will post some of my newer blends as soon as my other PC gets back on it's feet.
yours bust too? thats a bugger.

as for material repository i hope will will create one for blender textures, meaning both people making stuff in blender, or other software (then exporting it to blender) will be able to texture it quickly and consistantly. a shared colourpallet will also make the game look more ttdish

Alltaken

Return to “Graphics Development”