ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Do you use ECS with TTDP?

I use ECS under TTDP
3%
I use ECS under TTDP and OTTD
4%
I use ECS under OTTD
93%

Total votes: 166

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by michael blunck »

wallyweb wrote: [...]
- Iron requires lots of coal to make coke for the smelters.
- Aluminum does not use coal (Sorry George, your vector is wrong), but it does require a lot of cheap electricity primarily obtained from hydro electric generators.
I already told him. 8)

W/r to topic, would aluminum w/o electricity make sense in you scenario then, Wally?

regards
Michael
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

keep them separates cargo ! more diversity is more fun !!
wallyweb wrote:and get rid of the coal input for the aluminum smelter.
to my eyes the coal chain is allready quite well used in ECS... when i play with all vectors on, feeding a high production glass mill And a high production steel mill is allready quite a challenge.... and i haven t talked about the powerplant wich can eat huge amount too...
Maybe you could "force" the Aluminum mills to be built not far from a power plant and promoting the uses of an other cargo. For exemple, some chemicals products are necessary in the making of Alumina (first step before making aluminium).
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

romazoon wrote: Maybe you could [...] promoting the uses of an other cargo. For exemple, some chemicals products are necessary in the making of Alumina (first step before making aluminium).
Good idea. "Sodium hydroxide". We´re just discussing the chemical vector in some detail.

regards
Michael
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote:W/r to topic, would aluminum w/o electricity make sense in you scenario then, Wally?
romazoon wrote:Maybe you could "force" the Aluminum mills to be built not far from a power plant
8)
Also "Build near a river" could be included. :mrgreen:
ttdworld
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ttdworld »

Hi
I know you guys are mostly talking about developing this project but I think it's best place to ask something. I can't figure out how to increase production levels. I read something on forum but still can't understand what to do, it's just much harder to obtain than with original industries. All the time I'm receiving news about new resources found but they are at the same production level most of the time. In that situation my transport, especially expensive trains, are giving minus income.

And other thing, I've looked into cargo schema how to connect each industries but most of them doesn't produce anything before it doesn't receive cargo from another industry. So how can I transport anything if every industry requires something before it gives any cargo? I've found only coal producing "for free" and it's not ass less as food with 18 units per month.
Kraks
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kraks »

ttdworld wrote:Hi
I know you guys are mostly talking about developing this project but I think it's best place to ask something. I can't figure out how to increase production levels. I read something on forum but still can't understand what to do, it's just much harder to obtain than with original industries. All the time I'm receiving news about new resources found but they are at the same production level most of the time. In that situation my transport, especially expensive trains, are giving minus income.

And other thing, I've looked into cargo schema how to connect each industries but most of them doesn't produce anything before it doesn't receive cargo from another industry. So how can I transport anything if every industry requires something before it gives any cargo? I've found only coal producing "for free" and it's not ass less as food with 18 units per month.
Try to read this...
ttdworld
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ttdworld »

Kraks wrote:Try to read this...
Well, I read this before and still got some questions.

Oil Wells
Wiki wrote:The Oil wells has very high probability (9) to be built by map generator and zero probability (0) to be built during game play.
The Oil wells cannot be built by a player in a game. It should be prospected instead. It has 60% probability to be prospected near other Oil wells (at most 64 tiles away) and 25% probability far from it. Prospecting cost factor is 255. Construction conditions for SE and map generator are represented in the table.
So it means if I start the game without any industries or within automatic generated land won't be any oil wells there is no way to have them (besides of oil rigs which requires 16 tiles from shore)? And what means "It should be prospected instead."?

Gold
I'm transporting gold from mine to city, but the bank creates gold itself. So the trucks load gold in city too and then goes back to mines and can't sell it anywhere because it does not accept gold. To avoid this I used unload option in city station but still there's a problem because gold lies there for nothing. It should be like that?

About the acceptance an production level in ECS, it's very hard imo to transport all cargos to specific industry so it can increase its level production, because many of them does not produce anything before they don't receive cargo itself, vicious circle...
Kraks
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kraks »

ttdworld wrote:So it means if I start the game without any industries or within automatic generated land won't be any oil wells there is no way to have them (besides of oil rigs which requires 16 tiles from shore)?
I think, yes.
ttdworld wrote:And what means "It should be prospected instead."?
It means that if you'll pay money trying to build rig (or some mine) in will not appear right in the place that you pointing on, but somewere in another place on the map (it will be prospected). Try to do it yourself.
ttdworld wrote: I'm transporting gold from mine to city, but the bank creates gold itself. So the trucks load gold in city too and then goes back to mines and can't sell it anywhere because it does not accept gold. To avoid this I used unload option in city station but still there's a problem because gold lies there for nothing. It should be like that?
You can transport Gold to another bank (between banks). Also you can switch between several Gold/Valuables modes. Check ECS Town Vector parameters and Tourists centre production. If you replace Gold with Valuables TC will produce it too.
ttdworld wrote:About the acceptance an production level in ECS, it's very hard imo to transport all cargos to specific industry so it can increase its level production, because many of them does not produce anything before they don't receive cargo itself, vicious circle...
Nobody said that life will be simple :wink:
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Kraks wrote:
ttdworld wrote:So it means if I start the game without any industries or within automatic generated land won't be any oil wells there is no way to have them (besides of oil rigs which requires 16 tiles from shore)?
I think, yes.
there is a way. To prospect them (and it costs you money)
Kraks wrote:
ttdworld wrote:I'm transporting gold from mine to city, but the bank creates gold itself. So the trucks load gold in city too and then goes back to mines and can't sell it anywhere because it does not accept gold. To avoid this I used unload option in city station but still there's a problem because gold lies there for nothing. It should be like that?
You can transport Gold to another bank (between banks). Also you can switch between several Gold/Valuables modes. Check ECS Town Vector parameters and Tourists centre production. If you replace Gold with Valuables TC will produce it too.
Banks in ECS houses should not produce gold. Seems you have TTRS3 banks
Kraks wrote:
ttdworld wrote:About the acceptance an production level in ECS, it's very hard imo to transport all cargos to specific industry so it can increase its level production, because many of them does not produce anything before they don't receive cargo itself, vicious circle...
Nobody said that life will be simple :wink:
There is no vicious circle. Not every cargo, accepted by the industry, is direct. That means you would get coal from coal mine even without delivering vehicles to it. With vehicles you would simply get more coal.
Image Image Image Image
ttdworld
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ttdworld »

George wrote:there is a way. To prospect them (and it costs you money)
Oh, I didn't notice there an option like prospecting industry beside of funding. I've never built any industry by myself.
George wrote:Banks in ECS houses should not produce gold. Seems you have TTRS3 banks
Since it's not possible to use TTRS without banks I guess I can do nothing about that.
George wrote:There is no vicious circle. Not every cargo, accepted by the industry, is direct. That means you would get coal from coal mine even without delivering vehicles to it. With vehicles you would simply get more coal.
Correct, but you know "Coal requires vehicles which are in Factory which requires Dyes, Glass, Wood products which requires some other cargos and on and on.. ;-) It's very challenging and since I've started using this I can't get it all well connected ;-) Do you have any savegame of you playing witch ECS or anyone have and would like to share?

Thanks for clearing things for me. Cheers!
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

ttdworld wrote:Since it's not possible to use TTRS without banks I guess I can do nothing about that.
In TTRS version 3.11 banks should be disabled if there's no suitable cargo available. A quick test shows that this version of TTRS plus the ECS basic II and town vectors in temparate climate you only get the banks from ECS. The banks from TTRS are available as house but not as industry and only accept passengers, mail and goods.
ttdworld
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ttdworld »

How much time does it take to be build after clicking prospect in industry menu? Once I've received error message of some industry that prospecting went wrong, but when I use it on Oil wells and it took money, the industry didn't appear instantly, even few months later. So how much can it take?
George wrote:Banks in ECS houses should not produce gold. Seems you have TTRS3 banks
FooBar wrote:The banks from TTRS are available as house but not as industry and only accept passengers, mail and goods.
So who's right? As I can see from my game the ECS Banks DO produce gold. Even on Wiki it says:
http://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/ECS_Houses._Banks wrote:Cargo generation
96 bags of valuables a month if valuables were delivered this or last months, 48 if not.
By default valuables is replace by gold:
http://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/ECSTownVector wrote:4
0 (Default) - Replace VALUables with GOLD and make Gold mine available
1 - Do not provide Gold nor Gold mine (slot 04 is taken anyway, the mine is displayed in the new industry list, but will not appear on the map), valuables is unchanged (if defined).
2 - Do not provide Gold. Gold mine is available and produces as much valuables as gold.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

ttdworld wrote:
How much time does it take to be build after clicking prospect in industry menu? Once I've received error message of some industry that prospecting went wrong, but when I use it on Oil wells and it took money, the industry didn't appear instantly, even few months later. So how much can it take?
If you got error message, then you have switched prospecting to funding.
In case prospecting fails, you should not get any message. Your money are lost :roll: In case prospecting is success, you should get the message about new industry.
In case funding fails, you should get red error message. Your money are not lost. In case funding is success, you should get the message about new industry.
http://wiki.openttd.org/Advanced_Settin ... ion_method
http://wiki.openttd.org/Build_raw_material_industries
http://wiki.openttd.org/Fund_new_indust ... Industries
ttdworld wrote:
FooBar wrote:The banks from TTRS are available as house but not as industry and only accept passengers, mail and goods.
So who's right?
Please post your savegame. I made a test game and, as you can see, the station near the bank accepts gold, but does not supply gold.
The wiki http://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/ECS_Houses._Banks says only about producing valuables, but not about producing gold. This means, that when valuables are replaced with gold, banks produce nothing.
Toggleville Transport, 08-02-2000.png
Toggleville Transport, 08-02-2000.png (122.53 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
Image Image Image Image
ttdworld
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ttdworld »

George wrote:If you got error message, then you have switched prospecting to funding.
In case prospecting fails, you should not get any message. Your money are lost :roll: In case prospecting is success, you should get the message about new industry.
In case funding fails, you should get red error message. Your money are not lost. In case funding is success, you should get the message about new industry.
When trying to prospect Oil Wells I refuse error message about failure (see attachment 1), otherwise I do not get any message nor new industry. The money are taken in both situations.
I'm using latest TTDPatch instead and I can't find these options in cfg file but I can fund or prospect industries, e.g. prospecting gold mine works correctly.
George wrote: I made a test game and, as you can see, the station near the bank accepts gold, but does not supply gold.
The wiki http://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/ECS_Houses._Banks says only about producing valuables, but not about producing gold. This means, that when valuables are replaced with gold, banks produce nothing.
I have strange situation, having ECS Town Vector enabled there are no new banks but original ones and with town vector disabled there are new ecs banks (see attachment 2). I didn't realized that before because of some new graphics which were inserted into game with some exe files (overwriting original grfs; earlier days it was only way to have new grfs in game), now I switched to original grfs of game to avoid mistakes. Moreover these banks are recognized as Toy Shops (still acting like banks; see attachment 3). Looks that causes whole problems with banks, because copy-paste original grfs of game make it not possible to fund "toy shops" and any bank (ecs - reserved for future). Looks like I have to start new game to get rid of "false" banks.
Attachments
Prospecting Oil Wells
Prospecting Oil Wells
oil wells.png (132.05 KiB) Viewed 4117 times
Town Vector enabled/disabled
Town Vector enabled/disabled
town vector.png (659.22 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
Bank as Toy Shop
Bank as Toy Shop
toy shop.png (99.24 KiB) Viewed 4117 times
Digitals
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Digitals »

Hi,

Why in the Basic version ECS vectors II, you remove the bauxite mine and other industries, I am not sure this is the right topic, but I ask anyway if it bother you

Sorry for the inconsistencies of my messages,but im French
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

ttdworld wrote:I'm using latest TTDPatch.
Sorry, I do not support TTDP compatibility any more. May be wallyweb could help you.
Image Image Image Image
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Digitals wrote:Why in the Basic version ECS vectors II, you remove the bauxite mine and other industries, I am not sure this is the right topic, but I ask anyway if it bother you
There was never a public realise of ECS with bauxite mine. I do not understand, what are speaking about. Please provide more information. :?
Image Image Image Image
Digitals
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Digitals »

George wrote:
Digitals wrote:Why in the Basic version ECS vectors II, you remove the bauxite mine and other industries, I am not sure this is the right topic, but I ask anyway if it bother you
There was never a public realise of ECS with bauxite mine. I do not understand, what are speaking about. Please provide more information. :?
Sorry, but it does not matter! Do not worry, it might be an older version, or part of such or example : ECS Machinery

Sorry for the inconsistencies of my messages,but im French
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Digitals wrote:
George wrote:
Sorry, but it does not matter! Do not worry, it might be an older version, or part of such or example : ECS Machinery
Sorry, still can't understand your question :(
Image Image Image Image
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ttdworld wrote:When trying to prospect Oil Wells I refuse error message about failure (see attachment 1), otherwise I do not get any message nor new industry. The money are taken in both situations.
In TTDP it is almost impossible to get oil wells from prospecting, so I do not think that this is an ECS issue. I know that it is very frustrating. I usually have to load my Save Game into the scenario editor to build oil wells. In the scenario editor there is no prospecting, just building, but it will cost the same.
I'm using latest TTDPatch instead and I can't find these options in cfg file but I can fund or prospect industries, e.g. prospecting gold mine works correctly.
Those are not TTDP options.
I have strange situation, having ECS Town Vector enabled there are no new banks but original ones and with town vector disabled there are new ecs banks (see attachment 2).
The game's default banks are not affected by The ECS Town Vector which has its own banks, thus the default banks will continue to show valuables while the ECS banks will show gold.
I didn't realized that before because of some new graphics which were inserted into game with some exe files (overwriting original grfs; earlier days it was only way to have new grfs in game), now I switched to original grfs of game to avoid mistakes. Moreover these banks are recognized as Toy Shops (still acting like banks; see attachment 3). Looks that causes whole problems with banks, because copy-paste original grfs of game make it not possible to fund "toy shops" and any bank (ecs - reserved for future). Looks like I have to start new game to get rid of "false" banks.
How did you remove the exe banks?
It sounds like you may have to do a reset industries cheat or a purge houses industries cheat.
CAUTION!! These cheats are very powerful and they could ruin your saved game. Follow the links and read ALL the information

Return to “Graphics Development”