Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Trainset Development Thread / Alpha release pending

Post by Purno »

Removing post just makes a mess of a topic, with posts making no sense anymore. :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

No posts will be removed unless they are utter spam. That type of posts are never missed. There is no and never will be a rule that you have to switch off signatures that link to a different graphics development than that of the topic you're posting in. I don't know how this suggestion was made (as someone edited his post) but it's utter nonsense. It's not against the rules to advertise for another set in the topic of another set either, albeit a question of good taste.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Oh poop, I only asked how far we've gotten and I get back: FOUR pages of "When is it done?" - "When it's done!" ramblings!

I can sum it up nicely for those with questions:

The set is 99% complete,
There is no consensus at what that 1% is (bugsfixing, coding, graphical alligning etc.),
It took 5 years to get to 99% that means that last 1% won't take that long (statistically, because we have no other measurement methods),
In theory, keeping in mind that everybody has actually a live (amazingly :P ), completing that 1% of undefined development might take another month when everything turns into our favor and might take up to 3 quarters of a year if everything goes wrong (school, work, famine, women etc.). So statistically don't be amazed when it takes half a year on average, keep your hopes up for a nice fast welcoming release and ask about the release date if it takes longer than 9 months from now if the project seems dead. :wink:
[/anchorpost]
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

good, now we've got everything covered. i hereby end any kind of ongoing discussion. because i can, hah!

onwards to NS set-related subjects! BlueEagle, correct me if i'm wrong, but the upcoming release (which was our last test version - i'm still having a lot of fun with it) isn't the one with the animated new steamers, is it?

more-over, i'll be looking into the sounds. this is a long term project, seen as it's:
- almost inhuman to manually implement (according to some coder)
- simply a lot of work.
i've already sorted out some samples, but for instance running sounds will be tough. although i'm already looking forward to doing the diesel running sound, which will be alike Locomotion's; awesome sounding material. :)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
trainboy2004
Director
Director

Post by trainboy2004 »

Maybee you can ask Illegal Alien for support. He has coded some nice custom sounds for his dutch Locomotion set.
Last edited by trainboy2004 on 02 Oct 2008 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
STT Transport
Chairman
Chairman

Post by STT Transport »

It's a just a question, but are the "Twents" livery form the syntus train also part of the set because i can't see it on the site ???? :roll: :roll:

Greetz
"A million years into the sky is Ra, Sun God. Sealed and buried for all time, his Stargate."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nopes, just the Syntus and NS liveries. Twents came after we planned the trains. This problem occurs more often: New trains popping up in RealLife. However, since we don't include every train in history, we also don't have to include every modern train. 8)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
STT Transport
Chairman
Chairman

Post by STT Transport »

Purno wrote:Nopes, just the Syntus and NS liveries. Twents came after we planned the trains. This problem occurs more often: New trains popping up in RealLife. However, since we don't include every train in history, we also don't have to include every modern train. 8)
It's pitty because i travel every day with that train :P
Anyway thxs for the information! ;)
"A million years into the sky is Ra, Sun God. Sealed and buried for all time, his Stargate."
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

lobster wrote:good, now we've got everything covered. i hereby end any kind of ongoing discussion. because i can, hah!

onwards to NS set-related subjects! BlueEagle, correct me if i'm wrong, but the upcoming release (which was our last test version - i'm still having a lot of fun with it) isn't the one with the animated new steamers, is it?

more-over, i'll be looking into the sounds. this is a long term project, seen as it's:
- almost inhuman to manually implement (according to some coder)
- simply a lot of work.
i've already sorted out some samples, but for instance running sounds will be tough. although i'm already looking forward to doing the diesel running sound, which will be alike Locomotion's; awesome sounding material. :)
It hasn't got animated sprites in it, nor are the steamers replaced by Snail's sprites (still working on it, for Ameecher gave me the fix for the problem...). Also, Livery Overrides for Pax/Mail coaches are not directly implemented in the set (perhaps with the seperate GRF). This will be implemented in the second release, including the replacement of the Steamers...

Just got very busy with building the bugtracker...

Is it possible to implement the sounds through GRFMaker? Else, we'd have no use of it...
trainboy2004
Director
Director

Post by trainboy2004 »

Didn't Foobar add some custom sounds to his tram pack?
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

trainboy2004 wrote:Didn't Foobar add some custom sounds to his tram pack?
Yeah, but he did that through NFO coding. I can do that too, but it'll desync the dev-files, making it impossible to use GRFMaker again...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

My guess would be that GRFMaker does not support sound.
Image Image
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I was about to say that I'm an old school coder, but you beat me to it :mrgreen:

EDIT: isn't it possible to add the sounds through a secondary sound-only grf? Should be possible IMO
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

FooBar wrote:I was about to say that I'm an old school coder, but you beat me to it :mrgreen:

EDIT: isn't it possible to add the sounds through a secondary sound-only grf? Should be possible IMO
Perhaps. AFAIK GRFMaker accepts NFO snippets in the code. Isn't it possible just to place the NFO-blocks containing the sound in the LST? Or telling GRFMaker to create the NFO, and adding the sounds manually...

So, it wouldn't be necessary to create a second GRF I think...
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

BlueEagle_nl wrote:Is it possible to implement the sounds through GRFMaker?
You can always use the 'generic NFO block' where you enter the hex just as in plain NFO coding.

Edit: You've already answered that yourself, oh well...
Deblaauwn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Deblaauwn »

Can't you ask the UKRS development team for tips on this subject? (just a comment)
Traffic Manager, how about that!

My rather old Screenshot Thread
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Deblaauwn wrote:Can't you ask the UKRS development team for tips on this subject? (just a comment)
did that already, talked it over with Pikka. in fact, he offered to help us earlier already.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

I'll just need the NFO snippets (or an explanation about how to create the blocks and what to put in them) and I can add them in the second release (with the replaced steamers and livery override for Pax and Mail Coaches)
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

i need some tips on the sounds as well in the 2cc-topic, i am almost there, but i have some error somewhere...
Member of the
ImageImage
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

edit: i found my problem, and here is the recepy in .nfo code:

First add all sounds in a single command.

Code: Select all

-1 * 0  11 \b1 00
-1 ** sprites/sounds/metro3.wav
The directory and name here is pretty obvious (i assume?), and the \b1 is the number of sounds that are added. If more "sound-sprites" are added this number is increased accordingly.

The first sound have the "id" or 73 (id) as u will see in the sound-code

<Previous Action2 to use have cid A0, this can be a "normal" action2 or a VarAction2, for example a difference between the front and back (red/yellow lights)>

-1 * 0	02 00 A1 81 10 00 FF 01    // 1 range 
                             \b73 80 // use sound id 73
                             01 01 // Use when leaveing station or Depot
                             A0 00 // Default ID

-1 * 0	02 00 A1 81 0C 00 FF 01    // 1 range
                             A0 00 // Use AD "10"
                             33 33 // CB 33 
                             A0 00 // Attach grapics from the prev "real" Action2 or VarAction2
This code adds a sound when the train leave a depot or a station. If more or others are wanted it's added in this fashion: (see others here)
Note: a sound callback needs to be enabled in the train's action0 property 1E (setting it to 80(hex), or adding 80 to any other callbacks already enabled). See here

For example we have three sounds:
* When leaving a depot or station (id 73)
* Running sound (id 74)
* When un/loading (id 75)

<Previous Action2 to use have cid A0, this can be a "normal" action2 or a VarAction2, for example a difference between the front and back (red/yellow lights)>

-1 * 0	02 00 A1 81 10 00 FF 03    // 3 ranges
                             \b73 80 // use sound id 73
                             01 01 // Use when leaveing station or Depot
                             \b74 80 // use sound id 74
                             07 07 // Use when leaveing station or Depot
                             \b75 80 // use sound id 75
                             09 09 // Use when leaveing station or Depot
                             A0 00 // Default ID

-1 * 0	02 00 A1 81 0C 00 FF 01    // 1 range
                             A0 00 // Use AD "10"
                             33 33 // CB 33 
                             A0 00 // Attach grapics from the prev "real" Action2 or VarAction2
If there are any questions, feel free to ask!
Last edited by DJ Nekkid on 08 Oct 2008 18:12, edited 2 times in total.
Member of the
ImageImage

Return to “Graphics Development”