FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ogre
Engineer
Engineer

Re: FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Development & Translatio

Post by Ogre »

andythenorth wrote:2x4, 4x2 and some other tweaks...
These layouts look very nice, especially the 2x5 ones. In my eyes, these larger industries better fit the size of the vehicles.

I don't know if this would be difficult, but I would suggest that the pile of sand should be recoloured to reflect the use of ore.
The pessimist sees the darkness in the tunnel.
The optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
The realist sees the light coming closer...
The engineer sees three fools in front of his train on the track in the tunnel.
Ogre
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ogre »

A new mine? Tell us more... :D
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Everything looks great!
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

It looks very nice :) . And are you planning to add mine to include in the FIRS?
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

andythenorth wrote:More
Fertilizer (aka. FMSP) straight from the ground? With a nitrate mine along with a coal mine and a sulphur mine we can make gunpowder and blow the competition off the map! Phear my chemistry skillz :D
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

andythenorth wrote:Working on something...
Seems that the last cargo slot would be also used?
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

I wish they had the option as Manpower industries, allowing the creation of industries but not automatically open and close
Ogre
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ogre »

leifbk wrote:
andythenorth wrote:More
Fertilizer (aka. FMSP) straight from the ground? With a nitrate mine along with a coal mine and a sulphur mine we can make gunpowder and blow the competition off the map! Phear my chemistry skillz :D
Just get some aluminium, some chemicals (soap) and a bit of fuel from FIRS and napalm is at ready for the competition :twisted:

Fertilizer digged from the ground? Reminds me of the guano mine which was in discussion some time ago. Andy, what do you have in mind with this nice looking mines? (patiently asked question :wink: )
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Ogre wrote:Reminds me of the guano mine which was in discussion some time ago. Andy, what do you have in mind with this nice looking mines?
Nah, I never confirm anything until a release, and even then it might change later. ;)

Right now, this is a nitrate mine, in 'tropic basic' economy. It produces farm supplies and chemicals. It started out as a guano mine, but has evolved. It hasn't been play tested, so who knows what will happen, but the sprites are nice eh?

@McZapkie no, last cargo slot is empty. No FIRS economy will provide more than 31 cargos (and that's more than enough) ;)

@sunshare, sorry, I understand that you are not a native English speaker, but I can't understand your requests :)
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

andythenorth wrote:
Ogre wrote:Reminds me of the guano mine which was in discussion some time ago. Andy, what do you have in mind with this nice looking mines?
Nah, I never confirm anything until a release, and even then it might change later. ;)

Right now, this is a nitrate mine, in 'tropic basic' economy. It produces farm supplies and chemicals. It started out as a guano mine, but has evolved. It hasn't been play tested, so who knows what will happen, but the sprites are nice eh?

@McZapkie no, last cargo slot is empty. No FIRS economy will provide more than 31 cargos (and that's more than enough) ;)

@sunshare, sorry, I understand that you are not a native English speaker, but I can't understand your requests :)
I am asking an option found new industries but they do not appear alone. How has the option Manpower industries made McZapkie.

I hope you understand. I'm using google translate for my Spanish to English
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

There is already option "Prevent ind. opening during gameplay" and "allow secondary ind. to close" in FIRS,
however I'm not sure how about primary industries.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

McZapkie wrote:There is already option "Prevent ind. opening during gameplay" and "allow secondary ind. to close" in FIRS,
however I'm not sure how about primary industries.

Yes, that option already knew that I had, but if activated you can not manually create new industries.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

sunshare wrote:Yes, that option already knew that I had, but if activated you can not manually create new industries.
Huh?

FIRS is probably just imposing restrictions on where you can build, I don't think it would actually forbid manually building new industries. As for the primary industries, in the settings, you can define "no", "prospect" or "as other industries". Maybe that setting for primary industries is set to the wrong value?

Can you show an example? ("It does not work" is too generic to figure out what is wrong.)
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Alberth wrote:I don't think it would actually forbid manually building new industries.
Nah it does. :) "Prevent industries from opening during gameplay" (bool). Was intended for scenarios, or playing competitive servers or GS etc. Never used it myself.

Could be changed from a bool to a set of options, e.g. 'player funding only' etc. Two problems with that
- I have no interest in doing that right now. I know it lies in some FIRS code that I didn't write and don't want to touch.
- I don't like adding newgrf features that conflict or conflate with what OpenTTD is doing. OpenTTD already has some options for restricting industry construction.

If anything, these options should be deleted from FIRS imho.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

andythenorth wrote:If anything, these options should be deleted from FIRS imho.
Aw, come on. Parameters can be turned off and on and it won't kill anybody, while the OpenTTD option is iirc save game restricted, aka inferior.

But I'd agree if somebody improved the OpenTTD setting. It technically make more sense in the game options than as a GRF parameter.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

andythenorth wrote: Nah it does. :) "Prevent industries from opening during gameplay" (bool). Was intended for scenarios, or playing competitive servers or GS etc. Never used it myself.
It should rather work simply as prob_in_game = 0 if option if turned on, instead of duplicating existing openttd option of raw_industry_construction.
Currently it is preventing building any industry via GS.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

McZapkie wrote:
andythenorth wrote: Nah it does. :) "Prevent industries from opening during gameplay" (bool). Was intended for scenarios, or playing competitive servers or GS etc. Never used it myself.
It should rather work simply as prob_in_game = 0 if option if turned on, instead of duplicating existing openttd option of raw_industry_construction.
Currently it is preventing building any industry via GS.
It doesn't duplicate the raw_industry_construction option if I understand the explanation correctly. It completely blocks creation of new industries (ie ALL industries, not just the primary ones).

@sunshare: Disable that option, and you should be able to fund new industries.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.

Return to “Graphics Development”