[OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

How do you use the regional parameters?

Only one region enabled
14%
Multiple regions (but not all) enabled
31%
All regions enabled
54%

Total votes: 138

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML

Post by Voyager One »

Thanks Neko. I've checked our gaps for them and although we already have enough diesel engines in the 1980s and 2000s, I will add them for sure. I'm fairly sure this redundancy won't be harmful. One suggestion if you don't mind - I'd add the GMD F59PH as Via Rail Canada, not USA, just to make a small difference.
---

OK... One...
NSWGR 44.PNG
NSWGR 44.PNG (11.71 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
Two... (I keep drawing new strange flags... :mrgreen: )
Zimbabwe Railways DH-1.PNG
Zimbabwe Railways DH-1.PNG (10.76 KiB) Viewed 3116 times
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Korail 6000 EMD SD18.PNG
Korail 6000 EMD SD18.PNG (11.89 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
Leon

Image Image Image Image
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Voyager, The GMD F59PH wasn't used by VIA Rail. Via rail continued to use F40PH's up until the early 2000's when they started swtiching over to the GE P42 Genesis. GO Transit is pretty much the only user of the F59PH (Though other companies used the F59PHI). Not that it matters in 2cc, since the trains are drawn up livery neutral.

I also have another suggestion, this time a much earlier locomotive, or rather locomotives :P

CNR 9000/9001

IMAGE : http://www.trainweb.org/oldtimetrains/V ... 9000-1.jpg

http://silverhawkauthor.com/images/site ... 402342.jpg

(Stats for single locomotive)
YEAR : 1928
SPEED : 112 Km\h
POWER : 1330 HP
TRACTIVE EFFORT : 187 Kn
WEIGHT : 177 tons

Sorry there arent any better pictures, but I guess for now guess work for the tops will surfice. I have faith that Voyager or someone else can draw CNR 9000/9001

the CNR 9000 and CNR 9001 where originally coupled together from what I gather, but eventually Canadian National split them up so they could be more flexible in service. If coded as coupled locomotives, then it'd have double the stats there, asidef rom the speed
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

According to wikipedia

Via Rail 3 18520–18522 Leased from Canadian Allied Diesel to substitute EMD F40PH-2 locomotives being overhauled.

Never mind, Go Transit or Via Rail, it's irrelevant which one, I just want to make one US and the other Canadian if you don't mind that.
---
RZD ChS3.PNG
RZD ChS3.PNG (11.3 KiB) Viewed 3094 times
---

EDIT: Regarding the CNR 9000, I've looked a bit into the suggestion and indeed it would be VERY interesting, making her the FIRST diesel of our set, we haven't go any before 1930s.

EDIT2: OK, I've sorted out the two previous suggestions by Neko. I will add the F59PHI for Amtrak USA and the MP40PH-3C for Go Transit Canada. These two variants fit best.

Also, please, no more locomotive suggestions, especially modern diesels. We have a decent number now of most locomotives. I will consider special ones like this Neko's CNR 9000 and things we still miss (consult this table please!).

What we really miss (consult the previously mentioned table again :wink: ) are DMUs, early EMUs and railbuses. Please focus on those. I haven't had much time to research those but I've found them usually hard to yield enough stats.

My suggestion is simple, let's really focus on things that we chronically lack, we can have "fun" later. :wink:

Thank you all for understanding.

P.S. Please not that the column "currently adding by Voyager One" may not be completely up-to-date. :wink: :lol:
---
PKP EU06.PNG
PKP EU06.PNG (11.29 KiB) Viewed 3081 times
Leon

Image Image Image Image
ssmit132
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ssmit132 »

Hi! It's been a long time since I last posted on the forums so I've been a bit of a lurker, but I want to say that I've been watching the development of the new 2cc set closely, and I'm impressed with the sheer variety of real life trains you're including in this set. It really makes me look forward to its eventual release!

I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion either. Are you in any need of any more passenger engines from Oceania? Because I wanted to suggest some of the engines from my local public rail system in Queensland (hopefully it doesn't matter that I'm biased there). Unfortunately, it's hard to find a good list of specifications for them, and the best ones I've found are for the InterCity Express consist since I could find the Tractive Effort. Here's the link with the specifications for the four-car "Spirit of Capricorn" right at the bottom, but I'll post the important stats from it here.

Introduction date: 1988
Top speed: 120 km/h
Seated capacity: 90 passengers
Weight: 96.8 tonnes
Power: 8x135kW
Max Tractive Effort: 210kN

The rest of that page seems to be a bit screwy and has different specifications to the Spirit of Capricorn information photo, but since I would guess that since those were the actual specifications given by the manufacturer when it was introduced, I think those would be preferred (the passenger capacity might be a bit small for gameplay purposes, though). Here's the other third-party page I looked at, as well as Queensland Rail's own page on it.

The other types I could get decent data on are these (each is for a 3-car consist):

EMU (here, here and here)

Introduction date: 1979
Top speed: 100 km/h
Seated capacity: 248 passengers
Weight: 117.8 tonnes
Power: 6x135kW

SMU 220-series (here, here and here)

Introduction date: 1999
Seated capacity: 236 passengers
Weight: 122.1 tonnes
Power: 8-6x180kW

We also have the "Tilt Train" (so called because it, well, tilts :tongue:) though I could only find one real source for its data, and that's only the original electric model. This is for a 6-car consist.

Introduction date: 1998
Top speed: 210 km/h (normal operating speed is 160 km/h)
Seated capacity: 30 first-class and 280 economy-class passengers
Weight: 287 tonnes
Power: 16x170kW

Sorry for the huge post! :bow:
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Only reason why I suggest the F59PH model is because the F59PHI's look kind of dumb to me. I like other modern streamlined locomotives like the P42 Genesis or British Class 125, but the F59PHI looked like america tried too hard to make it aerodynamic. I may be use to frieght style locomotives but the F59PH being the first of its kind, Canadian, and comes out in 1988, it would be a nice commuter locomotive for the 90's and early 2000's up until the p42's and the mp40 comes out. :)

Plus I think USA has enough locomotives in this set, let Canada have some light :P

Also, I would like to suggest 3 more Gas Turbine locomotives, but we can probably live without the Amtrak Turboliner, Union Pacific Gen 2 Veranda Turbines, and the British GT1's.

Though I'll be happy to see a F59PH and the MP40, I love me some Canadian locomotives.

EDIT : I think that also, Voyager is getting a little overworked, even if they can make sprites fast and good.

Though there is a lot of locomotives, its always nice to have the world in your hand. When ever I make a Gun mod for a game like Terraria, Starbound, or Minecraft, I include as many guns from different countries, essentially being the 2cc set for guns in those games :P
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

NekoMaster wrote:F59PH ...F59PHI
OK, I'll change that to the former one... :wink:
NekoMaster wrote:let Canada have some light
* looks around for a torch * :lol:
ssmit132 wrote:I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion either.
Not at all, thank you, much appreciated. I won't promise you anything until I take a better look at these suggestions and see if they fit. Honestly, we do have a pretty number of 1970s, 1980s and 1990s EMUs and I'm not sure these are the ones we're really missing (e.g. we already have 13 EMUs from the 1990s!!!). We seriously lack DMUs and I'd really like to see more of those.

All in all, no promises but I'll take a serious look. :wink:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Would you accepting the indonesian EMU to DMU thing ? A lot of old EMU are already refitted to DMUs... Not sure how you'd do the introduction dates...

Anyway, just asking : are there any GE Universal series equivalent in the set (like GE U20C) ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

YNM wrote:GE Universal
IIRC we have one or even two GE U variants already... That doesn't mean we can't add another at a later point. :wink:
YNM wrote: indonesian EMU to DMU thing
Please do suggest. And please keep in mind that table I've linked a few posts back, it's necessary to fill in gaps first. Thanks for your help!
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

To all people suggesting stuff above: Suggestions are always welcome.

Other news: What is the use of engines if there are no coaches to pull around? Indeed, that is pretty useless, but now they have something to pull. I just added several passenger and mail coaches, complete with some arbitrary values for weight and costs, so some balancing might be needed, but I am already using the whole possible range. I hope cargo wagons will follow soon.

Regarding cargo wagons: I will first do the support for the default industries, support for ECS/FIRS will follow at a later moment.

[EDIT]Also, cost parameters are now in. You can go from 1/16 up to 16 times the default costs.[/EDIT]
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
ssmit132
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ssmit132 »

Voyager One wrote:
ssmit132 wrote:I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion either.
Not at all, thank you, much appreciated. I won't promise you anything until I take a better look at these suggestions and see if they fit. Honestly, we do have a pretty number of 1970s, 1980s and 1990s EMUs and I'm not sure these are the ones we're really missing (e.g. we already have 13 EMUs from the 1990s!!!). We seriously lack DMUs and I'd really like to see more of those.

All in all, no promises but I'll take a serious look. :wink:
It's not a problem if they won't fit in, since I wasn't sure whether you needed additional engines of that type. I did look for the spreadsheets you posted to check what you needed but didn't find them before I posted that message. Looking at what you need now, I'm not sure if there are many engines from Queensland that would fit in those gaps and have specifications available - we do have plenty of different diesel classes but you're not short of those, and we certainly don't have any DMUs, unfortunately.

I read previously that you were on the look out for "interesting" engines as well. As I was looking to see what else I could suggest I found the GT42CU AC, known by QR as the 4000-class. From what I read it's one of the most powerful narrow gauge engines that's been built, so that might count as "interesting" (and you're not worrying about gauge if I recall correctly). :P

Picture here: http://www.railpictures.net/images/d1/4 ... 069920.jpg

Introduction date: 1999
Weight: 120 tonnes
Power: 2,460kW/3,300HP
Tractive effort: 540/460 kN

Might not be useful next to more powerful engines at the time, but maybe there's a gameplay niche it could fill?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Happy easter everyone!
Saxon XX HV.PNG
Saxon XX HV.PNG (13.5 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
---
ssmit132 wrote:GT42CU AC, known by QR as the 4000-class.
Yeah, a nice suggestion but it's already heavily overcrowded within 1990s diesel locomotives. And what's worst, there already are others with very similar stats. I must see if this one would fill a possible regional gap but unfortunately there is no timeframe gap that this one could come into. :|
ssmit132 wrote:gauge
We're ignoring this, at least for now. We're also ignoring AC/DC power and all similar stuff. Keep it simple in your researches: diesel locomotive, electric locomotive, steamer, DMU, EMU, railbus... :wink:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

@ Voyager One : those EMUs were from 1990s, and in 2000 some converted into DMUs. Guess that won't be taken ?

EDIT : there's 2012 diesel locomotive through...
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

YNM wrote:those EMUs were from 1990s, and in 2000 some converted into DMUs. Guess that won't be taken ?
Sorry, which ones exactly?
YNM wrote:EDIT : there's 2012 diesel locomotive through...
That could be interesting, IIRC that is something we miss, 2010s aren't very represented.
---
kkStB 19.PNG
kkStB 19.PNG (9.78 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
Leon

Image Image Image Image
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Voyager One wrote:
YNM wrote:those EMUs were from 1990s, and in 2000 some converted into DMUs. Guess that won't be taken ?
Sorry, which ones exactly?
YNM wrote:EDIT : there's 2012 diesel locomotive through...
That could be interesting, IIRC that is something we miss, 2010s aren't very represented.
These are the DMU I meant :

This one started it service as an EMU since 1994. Last set said to come in 2001, and due to many problems they're withdrawn. In March 2006 it served once again as a DMU. Stats follow if you're interested. While it served as an EMU it was named KRL BN/Holec, a product of PT INKA cooperation with a dutch-belgian company.

Introduced in 1985 and withdrawn in 1992 as an EMU. Reintroduced as a DMU since August 2009. Named KRL ABB Hyundai, as it was a product of cooperation between Hyundai and PT INKA.

And the new diesel loco : http://id.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CC300
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

YNM wrote:CC300
Thanks, this one fits perfectly! Added to the list. :wink:
DMUs
Can you give me a link to their pics and stats please?
Leon

Image Image Image Image
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Voyager One wrote:
YNM wrote:DMUs
Can you give me a link to their pics and stats please?
I can't give you a link for the individual DMUs (all of PT INKA products are contained in a single page), but here's it as stated there, I've translated them:
ex KRL BN/HOLEC specification wrote: KERETA REL DIESEL ELECTRIC (KRDE)

Year Built : 2007
Configuration : TeC – M – T – T – TC
Passenger Capacity :
TeC = 20 (Seating)
M = 64 (Seating)
T = 64 (Seating)
TC = 54 (Seating)
Maximum Speed : 100 km/jam
Track Width : 1.067 mm
Axle Wight : 14 ton
Wheel Diameter (New / Worn) : 860 mm / 800 mm
Total Train Length (including couplers) : 20.700 mm
Train Width : 3.180 mm
Train Height (from railhead) : 3.460 mm
Floor Height (from railhead) : 1.100 mm
Distance Between Bogies : 14.000 mm
Coupler Height (from railhead) : 775 +10/-0 mm
Empty Weight : TC 32 tons ; MC 39 tons
Starting Acceleration : 0.34 m/s2
Braking Decelerations : 0.8 m/s2
Car Body : Monocoque , mild steel
Bogie : Bolsterless type
Braking System : Electro pneumatic with blending system
Coupler : Automatic tight locked coupler, Bar coupler AAR NO. 10A Contour
Propulsion : Traction motor AC, 3-phase, VVVF Inverter with IGBT
Power supply : Generator on floor type, Diesel engine 1.350kW, 1.800rpm. Alternator AC 3-phase synchronous.
ex KRL ABB Hyundai specification wrote: KERETA DIESEL (KRD) PUSH PULL

Year Built : 2008
Configuration : TeC1+M1+T+M2+TeC2
Passenger Capacity : // unsure through, maybe some are standing ?
TeC 280 passengers
M 320 passengers
T 320 passengers
Maximum Speed : 100 km/h
Axle Weight : 14 tons
Total Length (including couplers) : 20.700 mm
Train Width : 2.990 mm
Train Height (from railhead) : 3.530 mm
Total Train Height : 3.830 mm
Floor Height (from railhead) :
MeC 950 mm
M 1.150 mm
T 1.150 mm
Distance Between Bogies : 14.000 mm
Coupler Height (from railhead) : 775 +10/-0 mm
Empty Weight : TeC 43 tons, M 39 tons, T 32 tons
Car Body : monocoque, mild steel
Bogie : Bolsterless type
Braking System : Dynamic Brake (traction motor) and Air Brake without blending / separate
Coupler : Automatic tight locked coupler, Bar coupler AAR NO. 10A Contour
Propulsion : Diesel engine variable speed powered min. 380 kW and hydrodynamic transmission type
Additionally, the CC300 specification from the same page :
CC300 specification wrote: LOKOMOTIF DIESEL HIDRAULIC (LOKO DH)

Maximum Weight : 84 Ton
Axle Weight : 14 Ton
Maximum Traction : 270 kN
Length : 14.135 mm
Width : 2.642 mm
Height : 3.575 mm
Maximum Speed : 120 km/jam
Fuel Tank Capacity : 3800 liter
Transmission : Hydrodynamic
Wheel Arrangement : C-C, Connected
Engine : 45° V-6, 4-stroke cycle, Turbocharged and aftercooled; 1700 KW @ 1800 rpm
Air Component : Compressor Type 2 stage, air cooling, Reciprocating; Capacity 600 L/min.
Braking : Pneumatic type clasp brake, high mounted cylinders
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Thanks YNM, I'll look into them.

In the meantime, LAST steamer (at least for now :mrgreen: )
DB Class 18.PNG
DB Class 18.PNG (13.49 KiB) Viewed 2783 times
---

Here you go Neko...
CNR 9000.PNG
CNR 9000.PNG (12.15 KiB) Viewed 2751 times
---

And this is it for today...
CP 2250.PNG
CP 2250.PNG (11.42 KiB) Viewed 2748 times
Leon

Image Image Image Image
ssmit132
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ssmit132 »

Voyager One wrote:Happy easter everyone!
Yeah, a nice suggestion but it's already heavily overcrowded within 1990s diesel locomotives. And what's worst, there already are others with very similar stats. I must see if this one would fill a possible regional gap but unfortunately there is no timeframe gap that this one could come into.
Fair enough!

I don't mind having a look around the web for some of the trains you need, such as 70s-and-later DMUs, even though I'm not the most knowledgable person around for that. Just one question, though - should I assume that the engines in the list on the wiki (http://wiki.openttd.org/2cc_TrainSet) will be kept in? Your spreadsheets from what I can see refer to the new engines only and I don't want to suggest an engine that's already in the set.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

ssmit132 wrote:should I assume that the engines in the list on the wiki (http://wiki.openttd.org/2cc_TrainSet) will be kept in
Of course! I'm just filling in some periodical/regional gaps now.
ssmit132 wrote:I'm not the most knowledgable person around for that.
Never mind that, it's fairly easy. You probably know best about your country's and neighbouring countries' trains so that's a good start... :wink:
Leon

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”