Upgrade to nightly fails to load required graphics.

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Circeus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Upgrade to nightly fails to load required graphics.

Post by Circeus »

I'm new to this, and I'm still learning how to get TTD to work "right" for me. I recently (two weeks ago) rediscovered the game, and so got the patch. Wanting to get various functions/grfs that were only possible with the nightly (and trying to fix an odd bug with pikka's refittable wagons), I switched to it.

First thing I know, the required graphics now refuse to load. The newgrfw.cfg is correct (one line: "newgrf/ttdpbasew.grf", other grfs, if present, load fine) as far as I can tell, and the .grf is not missing. I've removed everything else to try and troubleshoot, bu that doesn't seem to work. Also deleted ttdpatch.cfg, which did not help.

I'm not clear whether this is because I did not use the command line when switching version (this did not cause problems when switching from 2.0 to 2.5) or because of my permanent bad luck.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Upgrade to nightly fails to load required graphics.

Post by DaleStan »

Please read the FAQ.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Circeus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Circeus »

I need to remember to RTFM properly. I thought the details a "Upgrading To A Newer Version"where all that covered it (honestly, I'd sort of expect a rather important detail like this to be mentioned on the page).

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

You are right. It should be mentioned there too. And in a few minutes, it will be.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”